Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Gym Bro hit the nail on the head 1 year ago

All things COVID
BadaBing

Gym Bro hit the nail on the head 1 year ago

Post by BadaBing »

kadman
Verified Username

Re: Gym Bro hit the nail on the head 1 year ago

Post by kadman »

You are right, the guy hit the nail squarely on the head. I think its one of the only threads here not answered.

Now there you go, I have answered it for you. Now the boogey man will come here and stick a conspiracy theory label on it and ridicule you for actually posting a clip that may or may not be worthy of discussion. Or maybe a conspiracy fact label.

But its worthy of recognition that you are looking to further discussion on it.
There you go
BadaBing

Post by BadaBing »

This site will live or die depending on posters engaging with discussions, this thread has struck a nerve with the vaccinated, and thats why they are hesitant to post.
i personally have seen the attitude of the vaccinated change the last month, the penny has dropped, they where lured into the vaccination on a false premise, life will go back to normal if you get the vaccine, this is now shown to be 100% false, and daily we see reports of a booster will be required, also reports of adverse effects from the vaccines are coming thick and fast.
I think the vaccinate are feeling a touch foolish, they took an experimental vaccine with ZERO knowledge of the medium to long term effects, the short term effects have been devastating to many unfortunate people. When this does end it will be like trying to find someone in Germany who will say they did vote for Hitler, everyone will deny they took the vaccine, lets hope they have no long term reaction that will show they are not telling the truth.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

I'm vaccinated and just don't feel like wasting too much time with the conspiracy bull shit..
There's your engagement for ya.
simone
Location: remember me in the months ahead, and how i was correct

Post by simone »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:50 pm I'm vaccinated and just don't feel like wasting too much time with the conspiracy bull shit..
There's your engagement for ya.
Snarky reply!
OP might be onto something, we will have keep an eye on developments.
JDaniels

Post by JDaniels »

Godwinned in 3 posts, congrats.

What's his prediction for next year? Will the vaccinated be feeding off each other by that stage?

Post by 316670 »

JDaniels wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:37 pm Godwinned in 3 posts, congrats.

What's his prediction for next year? Will the vaccinated be feeding off each other by that stage?
You want Nazis, you got em!
How can anyone be unconcerned about this?
Earn extra cash! Report unvaccinated Family, Friends & Neighbors (FFNs) anonymously online. Every name you submit gives you a chance to win $2,500 in our monthly sweepstakes
https://aursonline.com/
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

NotThatDevnull wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:12 pm You want Nazis, you got em!
How can anyone be unconcerned about this?
Earn extra cash! Report unvaccinated Family, Friends & Neighbors (FFNs) anonymously online. Every name you submit gives you a chance to win $2,500 in our monthly sweepstakes
https://aursonline.com/
Maybe you should of read the about section of that website before referring to it...

”Disclaimer: The AURS is a satirical critique by political candidate David Alexander Bramante, in association with his campaign David Bramante for Governor 2021.

David is hoping to point out how dangerously close our society is to having a company like AURS exist, and a world where friends, family and neighbors are reporting each other to authorities.”
seamus

Post by seamus »

"... the same amount of people die"

Patently not true.
Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori »

BadaBing wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:38 pm This site will live or die depending on posters engaging with discussions, this thread has struck a nerve with the vaccinated, and thats why they are hesitant to post.
Where to start!
i personally have seen the attitude of the vaccinated change the last month, the penny has dropped, they where lured into the vaccination on a false premise, life will go back to normal if you get the vaccine, this is now shown to be 100% false, and daily we see reports of a booster will be required,
I agree with this, it does seem clear that everyone being vaccinated will not usher in a return to normal. I expect we will get the line of "that was never on the table" shortly. There was also no meaningful consent, as people have to get the vaccine in order to participate in society.
also reports of adverse effects from the vaccines are coming thick and fast.
What do you mean here? I have heard a lot of people being unwell for a week or so and then being grand. That is to be expected. If anything, serious side effects have been very low considering the amount of people getting the jabs.
I think the vaccinate are feeling a touch foolish, they took an experimental vaccine with ZERO knowledge of the medium to long term effects, the short term effects have been devastating to many unfortunate people.
This is not the case. On any risk analysis, it was clearly better for a large cohort of society to take the injection rather than risk covid.
When this does end it will be like trying to find someone in Germany who will say they did vote for Hitler, everyone will deny they took the vaccine, lets hope they have no long term reaction that will show they are not telling the truth.
You have really left the reservation here.
BadaBing

Post by BadaBing »

Gym bro is back, the steroids must have grown his brain as well, he sound reasonable to me
RTrew

-

Post by RTrew »

I was recently vaccinated with J&J, a single-shot anti-COVID vaccine. But they couldn't tell me how long it will protect me. What do you think? When will the next shot be necessary?
Wibbs
Verified Username

Post by Wibbs »

J&J themselves reckoned the protection against hospitalisation and death was still holding pretty well after six months on the back of a recent South African study of half a million health workers(and delta is the strain in play there). Then when talk of boosters became more widespread they didn't backtrack on that but reckoned boosters would add even more protection. I'm smelling a gravy train there. Pfizer et al require boosters and payment for same, so...

My personal opinion? From the various studies I've looked at the J&J has lower protection against infection than the mRNA vaccines, but about the same protection against serious illness and death and seems to hold this protection for longer and has been more studied with respect to the delta variant.

That said if as is the case here in Ireland where Pfizer is the only option going forward and boosters are officially in play I can see the vaccine "passport" requiring said boosters regardless of what vaccine you've already had. That requirement for travel and indoor functions will drive many people to get them where they may have not.
Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The present cost of a jab from the manufacturers is approx €20.
How long can we afford to provide these as booster jabs?
Add on the cost of storage and administration.

End of year maybe .....
Wibbs
Verified Username

Post by Wibbs »

I would bet that maybe the first run of boosters will be free, but after that you'll pay for them unless you're a pensioner or have a medical card. Like the flu jab people get. A free for all forever won't be economically sustainable.

Then again research is ongoing and some looks promising. One study showed that those who had recovered from SARS back in the day had some resistance to Covid and when they got a covid vaccine on top they were extremely resistant and it looked like that resistance was holding over time. Better again they showed positive reactions to other coronaviruses in that family including ones from bats and the like that hadn't made the leap to humans. Yet. If that could be combined into a vaccine then it looks much more like a one and done that would be protective for much longer and against any new variants.
Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.