Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Vaccine rollout performance

All things COVID
Hairy-Joe

Vaccine rollout performance

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I was thinking this morning in light of the vaccination centres open to anyone over 16. The vaccine rollout started back in January and it started quite slowly. We had people shouting that we would never get it rolled out and the gubberment couldn't organise it at all. This went on for a month or three.

Now, 6 months later, we are among one of the most vaccinated countries in the world, massive take-up rate and now, the end of July, it's a case of walk up if you want it.

Now while the gubberment gets a LOT wrong, at least they got one thing right, the vaccine rollout. Did we ever think it would be end July and we are at a walk-up for vaccination?
schmittel
Verified Username

Re: Vaccine rollout performance

Post by schmittel »

Agreed. Heard Varadkar on the radio at the beginning saying give us a chance to get the ball rolling, the slow start was necessary and expected in order to set things up correctly to get everybody vaccinated ASAP.

Yeah right I thought, but happy to admit I was wrong.
Fann Linn
Verified Username

Post by Fann Linn »

Agree fully and wouldn't be a govt supporter. Credit where it's due, never thought by the end of June that of the six of us in this family 4 of us are fully vaccinated and other two waiting for their second jabs.
Kudos!
SeanCena

Post by SeanCena »

I am impressed with how it has worked, it all seemed to come together well. But... we do have a small population.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Don't forget that we are getting our doses from the EU pool. All EU states are getting theirs in line with the country's population. Yes we have a small population but we are getting our proportion inline with our population
Eoin_B

Post by Eoin_B »

The vaccine center in Limerick runs as smooth as butter in an out each time in 15 mins!
I was genuinly impressed!
Supercell
Verified Username

Post by Supercell »

I got my shots in my GP a while ago and my wife is getting her second in UCD tomorrow. She was in and out of the place in around 20 mins for the first. Have to say hats off to the HSE and the government on the vaccine rollout, its been very impressive.
Clurickeen

Post by Clurickeen »

Agreed. Seems to have really worked overall and they are getting thru people v quickly. To be down as far as 16yo now is great although it's a bit slower in some parts of the country. I would have been one of the ones complaining at the start about the shambles of a rollout so I'm happy to have been proven wrong!