Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Vaccine megathread

All things COVID
PureIsle

Re: Vaccine megathread

Post by PureIsle »

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The origin of lockdowns, which went against all previous pandemic preparedness and plans, explained here ....

https://brownstone.org/articles/how-fan ... the-world/
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Dr. Campbell has finally seen the light about masks .... better late than never I guess.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Remember the "alt-right fascist transphobe bigots" using the word "scariant"? I used to think they were a bit over the top and kinda mean, to be honest. Why be so flippant and callous when people are freaking out.
But I guess being mean makes you smarter, sometimes.
20230305_023015.jpg
20230305_023015.jpg (60.89 KiB) Viewed 5531 times
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Many may find the sentiments here are exaggerated. Some lines I might edit or delete if asked. But on the whole I agree with this poem.

The world spins on as if the whole machinery of global big pharma, state and colluding media has not recently participated in a shocking episode of coercive authoritarianism, but I won't forget.

Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

I work in Facilities Management.
Currently we're having discussions about removing some of the physical covid measures that were installed.
The cost to businesses to pay for all this is crazy.
Sourcing, installation, training, removal and recycling/dumping.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

From what I saw most businesses went along with the draconian measures and some even seemed to take delight in applying them.
Businesses could have (should have?) objected to the measures but very few did.
I have no sympathy for those who did not take a stand against them.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

PureIsle wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:36 pm From what I saw most businesses went along with the draconian measures and some even seemed to take delight in applying them.
Businesses could have (should have?) objected to the measures but very few did.
I have no sympathy for those who did not take a stand against them.
What sort of stand exactly?
I mean in the real world, not Internet fantasy-land.
It's great talking tough after the fact.
They didn't have a choice.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I agree. There was no "choice". It was complete authoritarianism. I remember into one lockdown I was driving from my remote home along remote roads to go to a remote beach - literally zero human contact would have happened - and I was stopped by the police and told to turn round. I didn't have a choice. There was a lady - Margaret Buttimer - who was imprisoned at least twice and for significant periods of time for not wearing a mask. This was when we were supposed to believe pulling up your bandana over your mouth protected everyone else from you giving them a fatal disease.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.4618417

https://www.breakingnews.ie/amp/ireland ... 29714.html
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Mirabeau wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:06 am What sort of stand exactly?
I went into a pub in December 2020 to watch a match and was thrown out with 5 minutes to go as the 1 hour 45 minute limit was approaching.

There was no science behind this - you either infect someone in seconds or not at all, there was no stand anyone could make - you had no choice.

The mantra was "follow the science" - yet we did nothing like that. My eyesight is worsening faster than it should because I had to stop wearing my varifocals as I couldn't wear a mask and glasses, yet another side effect from a pandemic that should have just been left to run its course.

Worse of course was only being allowed to spend 30 minutes at my dying father's bedside in case I contracted his Covid - I could not have given a flying fck if he did infect me, I would have put up with a brutal flu for a few days to stay with him. But the nurses apologised and said they were following NPHET guidelines.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation has revised their vaccine recommendations. ATAGI says now the risk to younger cohorts is low from Covid and the risk of myocarditis from the shots is higher. Risk benefit analysis not on the side of the shots, and yet consider the mandates that have been and still are in place in health care and emergency services there. Lots of people lost their careers.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/atagi-20 ... ter-advice
20230323_062635.jpg
20230323_062635.jpg (99.09 KiB) Viewed 5397 times
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I'll take the booster if they offer tbh out of fear that we will be banned again from travel without the papers.

I know it is irrational but my anxiety disorder did not react well to the Covid rules = it managed wih the virus itself just fine, go figure!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:00 am I'll take the booster if they offer tbh out of fear that we will be banned again from travel without the papers.

I know it is irrational but my anxiety disorder did not react well to the Covid rules = it managed wih the virus itself just fine, go figure!
The whole thing did elevate anxiety and health neurosis in many people.

I will admit to not being fond of germs - I am completely fine with mud, soil, bugs, creatures, cleaning anything, unblocking the septic tank, all outdoors stuff, but have always been a small bit ewwww about the handles of shopping trolleys for example. Especially as I know lots of people don't wash their hands after pooing, and I've seen people cough their guts up into their hands and then grab a trolley 😑.

So there was a period where I was a bit extra germ phobic at the beginning of covid. I understand how people might have held onto that.

In the end I reasoned might as well face it. As I have reasoned before about filthy trolley handles. Our immune systems are built for this and from encountering germs. But I have friends who admit their health neurosis remains elevated post covid. I understand how that can happen.

I have no problems with people taking as many injections or medicines as they want. It's a personal choice.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:17 am The whole thing did elevate anxiety and health neurosis in many people.

I will admit to not being fond of germs - I am completely fine with mud, soil, bugs, creatures, cleaning anything, unblocking the septic tank, all outdoors stuff, but have always been a small bit ewwww about the handles of shopping trolleys for example. Especially as I know lots of people don't wash their hands after pooing, and I've seen people cough their guts up into their hands and then grab a trolley 😑.

So there was a period where I was a bit extra germ phobic at the beginning of covid. I understand how people might have held onto that.

In the end I reasoned might as well face it. As I have reasoned before about filthy trolley handles. Our immune systems are built for this and from encountering germs. But I have friends who admit their health neurosis remains elevated post covid. I understand how that can happen.

I have no problems with people taking as many injections or medicines as they want. It's a personal choice.
100% agreed!!! I admit none of the vaccines/boosters I tookwere me going "I will take this and be protected and protect others" - it was all to be able to go places, and that is just wrong.

Having to show a pass to get into a pub will be a low point in this country's recent past.

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:16 am 100% agreed!!! I admit none of the vaccines/boosters I tookwere me going "I will take this and be protected and protect others" - it was all to be able to go places, and that is just wrong.

Having to show a pass to get into a pub will be a low point in this country's recent past.
But people embraced it !

I remember my uncle telling me he didn't want to have to have a pint next to "someone who isn't vaccinated"...

Jesus H Christ!!
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Mirabeau wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:06 am What sort of stand exactly?
There are associations of businesses and if businesses seriously objected to the measures they have the organised means of objecting and even not complying, as a body.

This applies to almost all of the silly interventions foisted upon us.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

PureIsle wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:47 pm There are associations of businesses and if businesses seriously objected to the measures they have the organised means of objecting and even not complying, as a body.

I think it should be remembered though that well-developed NLP style propaganda was deployed by nudge units whose sole purpose is to shape citizens opinion. I believe now it basically took the form of a military campaign. Indeed in the UK the 77th Batallion were involved in monitoring and suppression of resistance. It was a relentless formation of the psyche of the global population including Ireland with the most extreme imagery of fear and horror. Irish celebrities and media pundits inflamed hate speech about anyone deviating. Any of us, no matter age or health, could require being plugged into a respirator or need an ECMO machine. Etc etc. Very few escaped the net of the fear. You can't ignore how it was. That's what I think.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:50 pm But people embraced it !

I remember my uncle telling me he didn't want to have to have a pint next to "someone who isn't vaccinated"...

Jesus H Christ!!
Madness!!!

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/urg ... dium=email
Last week, The Atlantic hyped a new research preprint as the “Strongest Evidence Yet That an Animal Started the Pandemic.”

The actual evidence the paper offers:

That in late 2019 raccoon dogs shit (or bled, or maybe sneezed) at the market in Wuhan where they were sold for slaughter. And that human beings were infected with Sars-Cov-2 at the same market.

That’s it.

By the way, these raccoon dogs that the paper’s authors want to blame for the epidemic? They have never - as in, not once - been found to be infected with Sars-Cov-2 in the real world.
Just shows what an absolute cult Covid has become.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

PureIsle wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:47 pm There are associations of businesses and if businesses seriously objected to the measures they have the organised means of objecting and even not complying, as a body.

What are you on about?
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

isha wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:27 pm I think it should be remembered though that well-developed NLP style propaganda was deployed by nudge units whose sole purpose is to shape citizens opinion. I believe now it basically took the form of a military campaign. Indeed in the UK the 77th Batallion were involved in monitoring and suppression of resistance. It was a relentless formation of the psyche of the global population including Ireland with the most extreme imagery of fear and horror. Irish celebrities and media pundits inflamed hate speech about anyone deviating. Any of us, no matter age or health, could require being plugged into a respirator or need an ECMO machine. Etc etc. Very few escaped the net of the fear. You can't ignore how it was. That's what I think.
Sure there was a concerted campaign of fear.
I felt it myself for the first number of weeks, by which time I had serious questions about the narrative.
It did not take me long to get sufficient information to make a personal decision, and by Summer of 2020 there was plenty of sources available to anyone with the inclination to look at the situation, that cast sufficient doubt on the narrative to call a halt to the interventions.

Should business organisations have a duty to their members to inform them about events that affect their livelihood? I would think so.
Should members of such organisations have a duty to share information through their organisation that is pertinent to their livelihoods? Again I would think so.
Those organisations should have provided their members with both sides of the 'story' and would have if they fulfilled their roll as organisations "of members for members".

Businesses across the land just blindly complied with whatever intervention was concocted regardless all the prevailing science and knowledge.
They could and should have done better.

Of course those who introduced those interventions is where 'the buck stops' but that does not mean others were not complicit.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I get ya, PureIsle. But many stayed very afraid for longer than your few weeks and only some of us heard other sides of the story. And only because we deliberately sought it out. And we did that because we are oddballs, contrarians or have offbeat political/social interests that bring us to places online that very few go. And, in fairness, we had to wade through some amount of hysterical bullshit to siphon the signal from the noise in those weird spaces. And sometimes I was taken in by absolute eegits.

I caught wind by chance of a couple of names in the beginning, and followed up. But there's no way in hell that most people, including organisations, were accessing or even knew of alternative points of view. Anything off script was completely silenced generally. Eg Fauci calling for "a swift and devastating public takedown" of the Great Barrington declaration, a declaration that has since been proven would have saved huge numbers of lives from eg missed diagnosis or lost treatment and an absolute fortune in avoiding lockdowns.

Sure one of the reasons I kept getting sanctioned on planks was for posting alternative information (which has turned out to be true) about covid stuff. I was made out to be literally mad, a whack job. You have to remember how it was.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

I remember what it was like - absolutely terrible.
But the main point I was making is that businesses were hit very badly. Lots of small business owners lost their livelihoods.
As individuals we had little hope of resisting the propaganda but I truly expect a representative organisation in the face of the interventions to do some digging, just as individuals did, and ensure the members were better informed, represented and have their businesses protected.

OK, I guess I am naive.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

This is very long indeed, but covers all aspects of the "Covid years".
You might or might not agree with the conclusions (all or part), but the facts remain.
Make what you will of those.

https://off-guardian.org/2023/03/24/40- ... -of-covid/
The “official story” doesn’t hold water. If Covid were a real disease and a real pandemic it would not require corrupt testing practices and statistical sleight-of-hand to spread. If it was really deadly, they would not need to rely on statistical manipulation to create “Covid deaths”. If the powers-that-be were being honest they would never have introduced “public health” measures that their own research says don’t work.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

I found nothing at all to disagree with in this video

https://banned.video/watch?id=641e1c2e2841f35bbaf18dbd