Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Vaccine megathread

All things COVID
PureIsle

Re: Vaccine megathread

Post by PureIsle »

This is a lengthy essay ....... a very lengthy one ....... which I found well worth the long time spent reading.
Be prepared for a long one.
While I do not necessarily agree with all he has to say, I am glad I read it as it caused me to ask questions I might otherwise have not asked.

https://www.juliusruechel.com/2021/09/
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

https://theintercept.com/2021/09/06/new ... inese-lab/

NEWLY RELEASED documents provide details of U.S.-funded research on several types of coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China. The Intercept has obtained more than nine hundred pages of documents detailing the work of the EcoHealth Alliance, a U.S.-based health organization that used federal money to fund bat coronavirus research at the Chinese laboratory.

According to Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University, the documents contain critical information about the research done in Wuhan, including about the creation of novel viruses. “The viruses they constructed were tested for their ability to infect mice that were engineered to display human type receptors on their cell,” Ebright wrote to The Intercept after reviewing the documents. Ebright also said that the documents make it clear that two different types of novel coronaviruses were able to infect humanized mice. “While they were working on SARS-related coronavirus, they were carrying out a parallel project at the same time on MERS-related coronavirus,” Ebright said, referring to the virus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome.
Richard Ebright is an American molecular biologist. He is the Board of Governors Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Rutgers University and Laboratory Director at the Waksman Institute of Microbiology.

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

83% of people over the age of 12 are fully vaccinated in Ireland.
88% of people over 16.
It will soon be 90%.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/sta ... 81218.html
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

isha wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:31 pm https://theintercept.com/2021/09/06/new ... inese-lab/

Richard Ebright is an American molecular biologist. He is the Board of Governors Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Rutgers University and Laboratory Director at the Waksman Institute of Microbiology.

So in laymans terms, the US funded research into infecting mice with human traits, in a chinese laboratory that they blame for leaking the virus???
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Some of the documents referred to in above post are here

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ant-notice

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ant-notice

and then this if it is true it really is all about 'shifting the goalposts' (there are a couple of more examples down the thread)

Peregrinus

Post by Peregrinus »

But - as your screenshot shows - "immunity" was defined all along as "protection from an infectious disease". So, even under the old definition, vaccination was the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to provide protection from a specific infectious disease.

The reworded definition makes this easier to understand. Making something clearer is not "moving the goalposts".
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Peregrinus wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:53 am But - as your screenshot shows - "immunity" was defined all along as "protection from an infectious disease". So, even under the old definition, vaccination was the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to provide protection from a specific infectious disease.

The reworded definition makes this easier to understand. Making something clearer is not "moving the goalposts".
Regarding the other part of PureIsle's post, do you have an opinion on the documents discovered under FOIA by The Intercept showing that Anthony Fauci, director of NIAID, chief medical advisor to US President and leading actor in the White House Covid 19 response effort, knew of and signed off on the NIH financing research into gain of function on Coronaviruses via grants to EcoHealth of 3.1 million for the period 2014-2019 (and research into MERS, extraordinarily, which has an IFR in excess of 30%) in labs in China from whence this present virus may quite likely have leaked, and that Fauci clearly lied on the record to the US Senate about this? And continues in his globally significant role wrt this pandemic response.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Peregrinus wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:53 am But - as your screenshot shows - "immunity" was defined all along as "protection from an infectious disease". So, even under the old definition, vaccination was the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to provide protection from a specific infectious disease.

Immunity is defined in both cases to include
"If you are immune to a disease, you can be exposed to it without becoming infected."

As we know the vaccinations do not prevent infection, therefore do not provide immunity.

BUT, under the new definition vaccination does not provide immunity but does provide "protection", without that being defined.

So yes, IMO, the goalposts have been moved.
Vaccines were supposed to provide immunity.
Now they are supposed to provide protection - whatever that might be.
It is left open to interpretation.

Peregrinus

Post by Peregrinus »

isha wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:58 am Regarding the other part of PureIsle's post, do you have an opinion on the documents discovered under FOIA by The Intercept showing that Anthony Fauci, director of NIAID, chief medical advisor to US President and leading actor in the White House Covid 19 response effort, knew of and signed off on the NIH financing research into gain of function on Coronaviruses via grants to EcoHealth of 3.1 million for the period 2014-2019 (and research into MERS, extraordinarily, which has an IFR in excess of 30%) in labs in China from whence this present virus may quite likely have leaked, and that Fauci clearly lied on the record to the US Senate about this? And continues in his globally significant role wrt this pandemic response.
No, I don't have an opinion about that.
Peregrinus

Post by Peregrinus »

PureIsle wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:50 am Immunity is defined in both cases to include
"If you are immune to a disease, you can be exposed to it without becoming infected."

As we know the vaccinations do not prevent infection, therefore do not provide immunity.

BUT, under the new definition vaccination does not provide immunity but does provide "protection", without that being defined.

So yes, IMO, the goalposts have been moved.
Vaccines were supposed to provide immunity.
Now they are supposed to provide protection - whatever that might be.
It is left open to interpretation.

The definition of immunity doesn't say that you will be exposed without being infected; just that you can be. Your chances of infection are greatly reduced by immunisation, but non-infection is not guaranteed. I don't read the old definition as promising 100% protection, and I think most people would be aware from common experience that immunisation rarely provides 100% protection. I myself contracted whooping cough despite being immunised against it.

But that might explain why the definition was changed. Perhaps some particularly slow-witted or perverse people did read the old definition as primising a 100% guarantee of no infection. There are a lot of stupid people out there, after all. In which case the definition was rightly changed to reduce the chances of such a stupid reading gaining widespread traction.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Would the lots of stupid people be vaccinated or unvaccinated or both?
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Up until 2020 I was definitely one of those "slow-witted or perverse people" who understood the meaning of immune to be "exempt from" as that was the meaning as it was understood for decades through common usage and education.

Now apparently it has a different meaning ...... 'maybe exempt from' perhaps.

What is the new word that equals in meaning to what 'immune' (exempt from) meant previously?
Is there even a word for it anymore?
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

PureIsle wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:48 pm Up until 2020 I was definitely one of those "slow-witted or perverse people" who understood the meaning of immune to be "exempt from" as that was the meaning as it was understood for decades through common usage and education.

Now apparently it has a different meaning ...... 'maybe exempt from' perhaps.

What is the new word that equals in meaning to what 'immune' (exempt from) meant previously?
Is there even a word for it anymore?
Sounds like its turning into a 3 shells and a pea game, and a Rumsfelds " things we know we dont know spin" ;)
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Here is anew revelation I was not aware of. Probably because it has been pushed out in the media that the vaccine might not stop you getting covid, but it wont be severe disease...until now. I must say I am somewhat puzzled, again.

Infectious Disease Expert Professor Tony Cunningham says young and healthy people should take the COVID-19 vaccine because although unlikely, it is possible for them to contract severe disease.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

This shows more clearly the changes the WHO made to their definitions since the advent of Covid ......

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

We used to call this a CYOA manouvre when I was involved in construction desgn, it seems similar

Cover Your Own Arse ;)
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

PureIsle wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:45 pm I liked this one :D :D :D

https://off-guardian.org/wp-content/med ... 50x675.jpg
Have to get a few of them postcards printed :)
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

I don't expect many will have the time or perseverance to watch this video from beginning to end, but if you do I hope you get as much out of it as I did.

David E. Martin is chairman of M-Cam International
M•CAM International, LLC is a global financial firm that advises corporations and investors on corporate finance and asset allocation.
They do deep dives into patents, their validity, and thus value for investment purposes.

The video makes clear what his investigations have uncovered and he then shares his conclusions.

This was one of the most convincing videos I have watched.

You can find other videos from the same investigative group here, if interested

https://odysee.com/$/search?q=German%2B ... BCommittee
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

PureIsle wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:49 pm I don't expect many will have the time or perseverance to watch this video from beginning to end, but if you do I hope you get as much out of it as I did.

David E. Martin is chairman of M-Cam International

They do deep dives into patents, their validity, and thus value for investment purposes.

The video makes clear what his investigations have uncovered and he then shares his conclusions.

This was one of the most convincing videos I have watched.

You can find other videos from the same investigative group here, if interested

https://odysee.com/$/search?q=German%2B ... BCommittee
That was a very interesting video. Some very worrying revelations on the whole patenting process. Especially the patents on vaccines before we even heard the word pandemic. The fact that Darpa were also associated with the patents is mindboggling.

Thanks for posting, it will take some time to let that all sink in.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Quick whip-around of some news re vaccines and Covid. ( The Conspiratorial-Collation, of course!)

Leo wants the third shot - crucial.

15,000 adverse reactions officially recorded.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.4669773

Israel as a laboratory, according to Pfizer's VP

And the WHO are feeling doubtful
https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/202 ... -pandemic/

The NIH is going to have a quick look at the menstrual problems..
https://nypost.com/2021/09/07/nih-to-st ... ual-cycle/

Extra bonus material for the extra crazy ones, like me ;) On Mass Formation by a Professor of Psychology from University of Ghent. Another despicable maverick, doubtless :? .
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

From last month
Immunization expert: ‘Unvaccinated people are not dangerous; vaccinated people are dangerous for others’
https://rightsfreedoms.wordpress.com/20 ... or-others/

I found this guy's opinions to be rather compelling ...... might be bias confirmation as I have long thought the vaccines would force the virus to mutate and produce 'more effective' variants.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/post/the-last-post
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

PureIsle wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:48 pm From last month

I found this guy's opinions to be rather compelling ...... might be bias confirmation as I have long thought the vaccines would force the virus to mutate and produce 'more effective' variants.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/post/the-last-post
I have read Geert's stuff for a long while and appreciate his input - but I wish he would get an editor who could cut down the length of his pieces and simplify them. He does himself no favours in terms of audience reach by being so complex and well, frankly, boring. Read some of that post yesterday but gave up. I don't know AT ALL if his ideas will come to pass, but we are fairly screwed if they do.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Quite the headline for this one:

Immunization expert: ‘Unvaccinated people are not dangerous; vaccinated people are dangerous for others’

“Unvaccinated people are not dangerous; vaccinated people are dangerous for others. It’s proven in Israel now – I’m in contact with many physicians in Israel – they’re having big problems, severe cases in the hospitals are among vaccinated people, and in UK also, you have the larger vaccination program and also there are problems.”
If this is fully factual then there is a serious problem ...... with unknown future problems to consider also.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

No need to make another thread - this story has strangely arisen to be tangential to the vaccine story, if only controversially thus far. I listened to this lecture this morning, it was given by Professor William Campbell in Trinity College, 8 years ago. It is fascinating - how Ivermectin was discovered, how it ended up NOT being called after testicles, and how it has saved 100s of millions of people from debilitating diseases that were wiping out the economic life of whole villages.
As an addendum, somewhere back in this thread I posted an article in a medical journal from one of Professor Campbell's students which notes research done on Ivermectin's potential anti-viral action. It has been known for some time that its potential goes beyond an anthelmintic.