Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Vaccine megathread

All things COVID
isha
Verified Username

Re: Vaccine megathread

Post by isha »

I'm a tinfoil hatter fucknut. But only on the days when I'm taking a rest from being a toxic incel. It's a demanding lifestyle 🙂
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

isha wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:09 pm I'm a tinfoil hatter fucknut. But only on the days when I'm taking a rest from being a toxic incel. It's a demanding lifestyle 🙂
#metoo
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

PureIsle wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:49 pm Yet another whose default is to respond with derogatory name calling and apparently wishing to silent voices not agreeing with their own view.

It is sad that this is the level of response differing views get.
Differing views get debated.

Bat shit crazy anti science delusions gets deserved derision. My father died of Covid. The vaccine would have saved him.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:14 pm Differing views get debated.

Bat shit crazy anti science delusions gets deserved derision. My father died of Covid. The vaccine would have saved him.
I suspect you will find it's precisely the lack of debate of differing views that is causing the recent increase in freshly minted tinfoil hatter fucknuts.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

schmittel wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:00 pm I suspect you will find it's precisely the lack of debate of differing views that is causing the recent increase in freshly minted tinfoil hatter fucknuts.
Oh no they were there before. Morons to a man.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:40 pm Oh no they were there before. Morons to a man.
I didn't mean they weren't around pre Covid. Just that one of the legacies of the lack of debate of differing views with all things Covid is there are a lot more people who are have become classed as tinfoil hatter fuckwits.

Many of the new breed used to be eminent and respectable scientists, experts in their fields, but no longer the sort of experts you could trust. Now they are tinfoil hatter fuckwits.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:14 pm Differing views get debated.

My condolences on the death of your father.

The jab might have saved him, or it might not.
That is something you or anyone else will ever know.

Either way lashing out at those with a different view to yours is unacceptable.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

My position regarding the vaccine has always been that those who want it and support it should take it. It has had a good risk benefit outcome for elderly and unwell cohorts who have always been most at risk from this damnable disease. That is, the balance between risk of adverse effect from the shot and benefits of protection from more serious covid illness is worthwhile in these cases.

My objection has been to the sinister coercion of those who don't want trial therapies and especially for a disease that is very manageable in younger and healthier cohorts.

Over time a negative risk benefit analysis has undoubtedly emerged for younger cohorts re the therapies to the point that many advanced countries no longer recommend routine Covid shots for those under 50. This is just a fact at this stage.

It has been a tragedy to see the adverse events that have been experienced by a lot of people who were never at risk from Sars Cov 2.

There is an interesting study recently published. I don't know it's full implications. To me it illustrates the harm potential of Covid - which I always have acknowledged, as in my opinion any new morbidity burden on a species is a terrible thing. But it also illustrates the harm potential of the mRNA therapies devised to counter the initial disease. In this study it seems that the therapies have a heavier morbidity burden.

https://www.cell.com/iscience/fulltext/ ... edArticles

I don't know how widespread is the preemptive harvesting of umbilical cord blood - one can elect to do it publicly or privately. The cord blood is a rich source of blood stem cells. It can be used for treatment of leukemia, sickle cell anemia, and other serious conditions and does not tend to be rejected as much as bone marrow stem cells.

But problems in the cord blood would likely have implications for the neonatal immune system (by my reasoned guess, though I don't know for certain).

The study published in Cell journal, which is a well known and reputable journal, is called
"Skewed Fate and Hematopoiesis of CD34+ HSPCs in Umbilical Cord Blood Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic"

HSPCs is the word for the blood stem cells.
Apoptosis is a special type of cell death called programmed cell death. It happens all the time as a way of getting rid of excess cells, it happens as a way of getting rid of abnormal cells.

The research looked at blood samples from umbilical cords of 110 neonates in Alabama. The research found that maternal infection with Covid decreased the number and health of HSPCs in the cord blood. They also found that maternal vaccination against Covid had a stronger effect on decreasing number and health of HSPCs in the cord blood.

I have tried to read the paper which you can access as a PDF link at the URL I linked above. It's too difficult for me to understand properly. But the conclusions make me think this is something that needs a lot more urgent and serious research.

Edited to include extract from research paper which I forgot
Umbilical cord blood (UCB) is an irreplaceable source for hematopoietic stem progenitor cells (HSPCs). However, the effects of SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 vaccination on UCB phenotype, specifically the HSPCs therein, are currently unknown. We thus evaluated any effects of SARS-CoV-2 infection and/or COVID-19 vaccination from the mother on the fate and functionalities of HSPCs in the UCB. The numbers and frequencies of HSPCs in the UCB decreased significantly in donors with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection and more so with COVID-19 vaccination via the induction of apoptosis, likely mediated by IFN-γ-dependent pathways. Two independent hematopoiesis assays, a colony forming unit assay and a mouse humanization assay, revealed skewed hematopoiesis of HSPCs obtained from donors delivered from mothers with SARS-CoV-2 infection history. These results indicate that SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 vaccination impair the functionalities and survivability of HSPCs in the UCB, which would make unprecedented concerns on the future of HSPC-based therapies.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

PureIsle wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:18 am My condolences on the death of your father.

The jab might have saved him, or it might not.
That is something you or anyone else will ever know.

Either way lashing out at those with a different view to yours is unacceptable.
The mere fact that it "might" have - is enough for me to pour scorn on antiscience Covd deniers and antivax idiots and I wil continue.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Australia unlikely to approve fourth dose of mRNA for under 30s due to increased heart risks.

Professor Allen Cheng, former co-chair and current member of the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI), told The Sydney Morning Herald on Saturday that it was likely the current vaccine schedule would remain as is, given the heightened risk of heart inflammation in young people.

“A 30-year-old who gets Covid is probably not going to get into any trouble with it as opposed to a 60 or 70-year-old,” Prof Cheng said. “If it has been a long time since [an older person] got their last dose then we start to worry.

“A 30-year-old with … three doses will be optimally protected.”

He added, “Vaccinations are beneficial and protective even for younger people but the more doses you get, the less benefit you derive from them and then we start to worry about causing side effects.”
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 390625691d
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:20 pm The mere fact that it "might" have - is enough for me to pour scorn on antiscience Covd deniers and antivax idiots and I wil continue.
So you have apparently changed your belief from
The vaccine would have saved him.
baby steps in your enlightenment.

Maybe at some future time you might also change your despicable attitude to some other people.
One can hope you do, for your own sake.

Good luck to you.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

isha wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:47 pm Australia unlikely to approve fourth dose of mRNA for under 30s due to increased heart risks.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 390625691d
I saw this in Reuters - Australia recommends against fifth vaccine dose as fresh COVID wave builds - and also thought there are a few red flags in the logic of this.

The quote in that article that caught my eye was:
Butler said the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisations (ATAGI) had recommended against a fifth dose, or third booster, after evidence from Singapore's recent wave showed that severe illness and death were rare among the vaccinated and that a fifth shot had minimal impact on virus transmission.
So if you're an Australian over 16 years of age and you do want to get a third booster, the experts say you cannot get one, because the evidence shows severe illness and death are rare.

But if you're an Australian over 16 years of age and you do not want to get a first booster, because the evidence shows severe illness and death are rare, the experts say you must get one.

And if you question the logic of this you're a spreader of dangerous misinformation.

But the logic doesn't stack up whatever way you look at it.

If you're a 16 year old who has completed primary course but no more i.e two doses - they are urging you to get a third dose to be optimally protected.

But if you're a 16 year old who received four doses, you are not allowed to get a fifth because the risks outweigh the benefits.

The reasons this far given for needing the boosters is that all the data shows that no matter how many doses you have, protection wanes rapidly to zero at best.

So whether it's your primary course, or third booster, or fourth booster, when it's waned you're all back in the same boat. Zero protection.

They're advising against the fifth does for youngsters because severe illness and death is rare in this age group.

But it is rare because of their age, nothing to do with the amount of doses you receive.

So why urge the third shot and disallow the fifth? It makes no sense.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Vaccine passes coming back ... jesis h christ, have we learnt nothing.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Well ( if it happens) I will go to jail rather than use any vaccine passport. And this time ( if it happens) I will actually let them know in person at Dail Eireann.

The uptake percentages of each shot has absolutely collapsed everywhere around the world. Even in places where they are complete biosecurity fascists there has been very poor uptake of the fourth and fifth shots. This is not for want of advertisement or coaxing. I know some will get every shot that is issued, and fine, no problems. But many felt quite unwell after shots or got a bad dose of covid anyway in spite of taking the shots, and from people I have heard, they won't be bothering with more. So the vaccine passport plan of our WEF affiliates is on shaky ground - they played their hand too soon.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:10 am
Vaccine passes
Such an insidious way of hiding what is actually being done, restricting the freedoms of people without the vaccine for reasons not based on science.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I had not heard about the death of this boy, Joseph McGinty. A year ago. May he rest in peace.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/hea ... 62426.html
Achill Island boy (14) died three weeks after getting first dose of Pfizer Covid vaccine, inquest hears

November 21 2022 09:36 PM

A 14-year-old boy died three weeks after his Pfizer Covid 19 vaccine, an inquest has heard.

The death was described by Co Mayo coroner Pat O’Connor as an issue is of “significant public concern”.

Family members held hands as the inquest into the death of Joseph McGinty, of Achill Island, got underway at Castlebar Courthouse.

A request for safety information from Covid-19 vaccine manufacturer Pfizer is to form part of the “considerable investigation” to be conducted into the death.

The teenager, a second-year school student, was vaccinated with the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine on August 20, 2021. He died at home just over three weeks later on September 13, 2021.

The teenager suffered significant medical deterioration following the administration of the vaccine, the inquest heard. He was hospitalised on September 1 and stayed overnight at Mayo University Hospital before he was discharged the following day. He attended hospital again on September 8 for review.

“The circumstances of Joseph McGinty’s death is that Covid vaccination was administered to him; that there appears to have been either a reaction or a significant change in his medical circumstances following the administration of the vaccine and that subsequently, unfortunately, Master McGinty died,” coroner Pat O’Connor said.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

isha wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:45 am I had not heard about the death of this boy, Joseph McGinty. A year ago. May he rest in peace.

RTE, Pat Kenny, Miriam O Callaghan, Fergal Bowers, Luke O Neill and all of those fearmongering scum should be charged with his murder.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

isha wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:45 am I had not heard about the death of this boy, Joseph McGinty. A year ago. May he rest in peace.

I hadn't heard about this death either.

But rest assured if he had died in road traffic accident, we'd have heard about in every newspaper along with the thoughts of the local priest, GAA Chairman, TD and councillors on the radio.

Odd that the usual suspects are so quiet about this death.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

The Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) responds to the coroners remarks on Joseph McGinty's death:
“Reports of suspected adverse reactions are carefully reviewed. However, individual cases are rarely sufficient to confirm that a certain effect has been caused by the vaccine. Events reported may be coincidental in nature."
Safe and effective. Nothing to see here.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

isha wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:38 am Well ( if it happens) I will go to jail rather than use any vaccine passport. And this time ( if it happens) I will actually let them know in person at Dail Eireann.

The uptake percentages of each shot has absolutely collapsed everywhere around the world. Even in places where they are complete biosecurity fascists there has been very poor uptake of the fourth and fifth shots. This is not for want of advertisement or coaxing. I know some will get every shot that is issued, and fine, no problems. But many felt quite unwell after shots or got a bad dose of covid anyway in spite of taking the shots, and from people I have heard, they won't be bothering with more. So the vaccine passport plan of our WEF affiliates is on shaky ground - they played their hand too soon.
I can only hope that you are correct ..... but what I read recently indicates that the EU intends to introduce such health passports and use them to limit travel ........ and IMO that is only the 'thin edge of the wedge' as we can expect digital currency control and maybe even the full 'China control' approach in the not so distant future.

BTW, if you are going to the Dail please do let us all know ...... you might have some support. ;)
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

PureIsle wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:19 pm I can only hope that you are correct ..... but what I read recently indicates that the EU intends to introduce such health passports and use them to limit travel ........ and IMO that is only the 'thin edge of the wedge' as we can expect digital currency control and maybe even the full 'China control' approach in the not so distant future.

BTW, if you are going to the Dail please do let us all know ...... you might have some support. ;)
What reason could they give for starting to check for covid vaccines again ?

EU are supposedly all about open and free movement ..
mmercedes84

Post by mmercedes84 »

Yeah they were vey open and free during the pandemic.

I'm sure the next reason is already being prepared ..
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

mmercedes84 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:58 pm Yeah they were vey open and free during the pandemic.

I'm sure the next reason is already being prepared ..
hmmm, not sure I wanna believe it ..
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Sorry I did not have reference to hand when I last posted but here ye go (it was a little longer since I read it than I remembered)

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/ ... -extension

It was extended for a year from June 2022.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/06/26/eu- ... -feedback/
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This guy...🙄🙄🙄🤢
The shameless smarmy-faced sociopath. I loathe him, which is not something I have often felt in my life.

What he is saying now about China -

What he did to his own protesting citizens -