Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Vaccine megathread

All things COVID
PureIsle

Re: Vaccine megathread

Post by PureIsle »

The Continental Op wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:46 pm Poor use of English for an explanation like that but I think or changes the meaning from what you want it to mean.
It is not what I want it to mean, it is what he says.
really, really important to get your vaccine, not just to protect yourself but others
He is happy to associate with those who have been jabbed OR those who have a negative lateral flow test, on the basis that he will be protected.

Hi words.

Please explain your interpretation so I can make a comparison, rather than just saying I am wrong.

Post by 490808 »

He's not talking about PCR tests.

Edit> So you noticed your mistake and edited it.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The Continental Op wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:38 pm He's not talking about PCR tests.

Edit> So you noticed your mistake and edited it.
I never mentioned PCR tests.
Why do you?

I edited no text.
What do you think I edited?

You failed to answer the one question I posed.

Post by 490808 »

I didn't take exception to

really, really important to get your va ... but others

the reason you will notice is because I didn't quote that in my original post so if you want to go off on a tangent fire away.

But even so there is nothing wrong with that statement. I'm fully vaccinated will get a booster soon and I know I could still get covid and affect someone who is also vaccinated just as easily as someone who is not vaccinated. My guess is the unvaccinated one is more likely to come off badly than the vaccinated?
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The Continental Op wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:23 pm I didn't take exception to

really, really important to get your va ... but others

the reason you will notice is because I didn't quote that in my original post so if you want to go off on a tangent fire away.

But even so there is nothing wrong with that statement. I'm fully vaccinated will get a booster soon and I know I could still get covid and affect someone who is also vaccinated just as easily as someone who is not vaccinated. My guess is the unvaccinated one is more likely to come off badly than the vaccinated?
I see

I went off on a tangent according to you

You brought in
PCR tests
&
Editing a post

I asked some simple questions from you because of what you posted.

You answered none of them,

and end up with a GUESS on how the virus might affect people.

So this series of posts have been a complete waste of my time.

Just accept he said what he said and that is contrary to what is presently known about how the virus affects people, both jabbed and not jabbed.
Abella

Post by Abella »

Panic in the vaccinated is becoming obvious, "what the hell have i put into my body" Omicron is coming to get us and the vaccine has all been for naught.
Meanwhile in South Africa not a single soul with the Omicron is in hospital, all have mickey mouse symptoms.

Post by 490808 »

What panic? Like many I'll get a booster.

You are correct though that so far the reports of Omicron from Africa that its affect isn't that bad however it seems to be in the younger population there for whatever reason and that might be why it currently isn't killing people.
Abella

Post by Abella »

Mountain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:51 pm :D :D

As the HSE apologises because of delays caused by unprecedented demand, all the evidence suggests that the vast majority trust the science.
:lol: :lol: :D :D :lol: :D :D He still believes the HSE
A short lock down to stop the spread
One shot of vaccine is all it will take
The vaccine is safe
The vaccine will stop you from getting covid
The vaccine will stop you from spreading covid
The vaccine will stop you from being hospitalized
The vaccine will stop you from dying
on and on it goes and you still trust them?
Abella

Post by Abella »

The Continental Op wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:41 pm What panic? Like many I'll get a booster.

You are correct though that so far the reports of Omicron from Africa that its affect isn't that bad however it seems to be in the younger population there for whatever reason and that might be why it currently isn't killing people.
If its only in the younger population and not a big deal , why are they hell bent on vaccination children in the west?
Remember this omicron was found only in the fully vaccinated in Botswana
Abella

Post by Abella »

Mountain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:03 pm Are you saying the chaos in Citywest yesterday with queues of hundreds and traffic jams as people desperately try to access vaccines and boosters just didn't happen at all?
I'm saying the HSE have form, do you deny that?
This is your thinking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by 490808 »

Abella wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:01 pm If its only in the younger population and not a big deal , why are they hell bent on vaccination children in the west?
Remember this omicron was found only in the fully vaccinated in Botswana
We don't know that if they had the vaccine availability that they wouldn't vaccinate children in Botswana.
Abella

Post by Abella »

The Continental Op wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:37 pm We don't know that if they had the vaccine availability that they wouldn't vaccinate children in Botswana.
You are doing yourself no favours, plenty of reports of empty vaccination centres all over African , the people are getting on with living their lives and not worried about Covid.

Post by 490808 »

Abella wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:28 pm I'm saying the HSE have form, do you deny that?
This is your thinking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HSE have admitted they made a mistake allowing walk in vaccinations alongside booked vaccinations.

It just goes to prove how keen people are to get their booster vaccinations despite the doom and gloom merchants who will grasp at any straw to undermine the vaccination program.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The Continental Op wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:50 pm HSE have admitted they made a mistake allowing walk in vaccinations alongside booked vaccinations.

It just goes to prove how keen people are to get their booster vaccinations despite the doom and gloom merchants who will grasp at any straw to undermine the vaccination program.
I used to find it very odd that so many people not only accepted the biased numbers promoted by Irish media but were willing to join a trial of a medical substance.

Now I have just accepted that almost all those I asked did so because of coercion and not for any medical reason ...... such as travel and multiple social purposes which the unvaxxed are prevented from enjoying.

At this time I take the view it is their bodies and they have no one else to blame except themselves should something go wrong. They made the choice that social outings were more important to them.
All this for a virus that has little effect on the healthy.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/202 ... ope-covid/

Greek citizens over the age of 60 will be fined 100 euros, the fine repeating every month, until they get the mRNA injections.

What if one does not want a substance injected into their body? Especially one on trial and with a significant adverse reactions signal in the reports.

You may want this injection now, but by acquiescing to this you may find some day that some intervention, an injection, a procedure you do not want will be coercively pushed upon you.
Many elderly Greek people are quite poor. Their economy has suffered a lot for a long time. This is disgusting. Day after day there is some more sombre news of intemperate ''democracy''.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Looks like democratic choice is being flushed down the toilet. I think its a very dangerous precedent .
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

So, from Friday, those coming into Ireland will have to have a negative Covid test.

This means all those with Covid passes, multiple jabs or unvaxxed.

It appears the gov has decided that those jabs and passes are meaningless ...... yet still continue to insist on them.

Post by 490808 »

I'll be travelling back by ferry next week won't be surprised if they want both PCR test and cert.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Letter in The Lancet published 19th November by
Professor Dr Gunther Kampf
University Medicine Greifswald,
Institute for Hygiene and Environmental Medicine,
Greifswald, Germany

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lane ... t?s=08#%20
High COVID-19 vaccination rates were expected to reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in populations by reducing the number of possible sources for transmission and thereby to reduce the burden of COVID-19 disease. Recent data, however, indicate that the epidemiological relevance of COVID-19 vaccinated individuals is increasing.

In the UK it was described that secondary attack rates among household contacts exposed to fully vaccinated index cases was similar to household contacts exposed to unvaccinated index cases (25% for vaccinated vs 23% for unvaccinated). 12 of 31 infections in fully vaccinated household contacts (39%) arose from fully vaccinated epidemiologically linked index cases.
Peak viral load did not differ by vaccination status or variant type.

In Germany, the rate of symptomatic COVID-19 cases among the fully vaccinated (“breakthrough infections”) is reported weekly since 21. July 2021 and was 16.9% at that time among patients of 60 years and older. This proportion is increasing week by week and was 58.9% on 27. October 2021 providing clear evidence of the increasing relevance of the fully vaccinated as a possible source of transmission.

A similar situation was described for the UK. Between week 39 and 42, a total of 100.160 COVID-19 cases were reported among citizens of 60 years or older. 89.821 occurred among the fully vaccinated (89.7%), 3.395 among the unvaccinated (3.4%). One week before, the COVID-19 case rate per 100.000 was higher among the subgroup of the vaccinated compared to the subgroup of the unvaccinated in all age groups of 30 years or more.

In Israel a nosocomial outbreak was reported involving 16 healthcare workers, 23 exposed patients and two family members. The source was a fully vaccinated COVID-19 patient. The vaccination rate was 96.2% among all exposed individuals (151 healthcare workers and 97 patients). Fourteen fully vaccinated patients became severely ill or died, the two unvaccinated patients developed mild disease.

The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identifies four of the top five counties with the highest percentage of fully vaccinated population (99.9–84.3%) as “high” transmission counties.

Many decisionmakers assume that the vaccinated can be excluded as a source of transmission. It appears to be grossly negligent to ignore the vaccinated population as a possible and relevant source of transmission when deciding about public health control measures.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Its a pity that the government does not take heed of these reports from educated individuals. It just goes to show how farsical some of the current restrictions are, where both vaccinated and unvaccinated are equally potential spreaders of this virus. But still the current narrative will prevail, the unvaccinated are the lepers in society.

isha wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:41 am Letter in The Lancet published 19th November by
Greifswald, Germany

Many decisionmakers assume that the vaccinated can be excluded as a source of transmission. It appears to be grossly negligent to ignore the vaccinated population as a possible and relevant source of transmission when deciding about public health control measures.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

All of the available evidence pushes one towards the conspiratorial side of things.

Why, when anyone with a brain and reading ability, can see clearly that the measures being taken by gov are contra-indicated, do they insist on carrying on with their failed 'measures'?

Are we to think they are all, without exception, so stupid they cannot see this?

If not then what could be the answer?
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

isha wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:41 am Letter in The Lancet published 19th November by
Greifswald, Germany

A similar situation was described for the UK. Between week 39 and 42, a total of 100.160 COVID-19 cases were reported among citizens of 60 years or older. 89.821 occurred among the fully vaccinated (89.7%), 3.395 among the unvaccinated (3.4%). One week before, the COVID-19 case rate per 100.000 was higher among the subgroup of the vaccinated compared to the subgroup of the unvaccinated in all age groups of 30 years or more.
After what amount of time does he deem a person to no longer be 'fully vaccinated'? 4 months? 5 months? 6 months? Never? He mentions the over 60's. Unless they've had their booster surely they can't be considered fully vaccinated any longer?

There has to be a scientific definition for this, otherwise studies that use term 'fully vaccinated' are pointless.
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

How about the defintion of fully vaccinated at the point when the vaccines were administered? Before they realised that the vaccinnes had the shelf life of full fat milk.

Just so we can avoid redefining "fully vaccinated" every few months in order to excuse the less than stellar performance of these vaccines
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:43 am After what amount of time does he deem a person to no longer be 'fully vaccinated'? 4 months? 5 months? 6 months? Never? He mentions the over 60's. Unless they've had their booster surely they can't be considered fully vaccinated any longer?

There has to be a scientific definition for this, otherwise studies that use term 'fully vaccinated' are pointless.
Maybe keep the original definition from the various Pharma companies for their product ...... 1 dose and two doses depending on manufacturer.

Anything more than that is in addition to being fully vaccinated.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Unvaccinated <<-------Bold people are here
Half vaccinated
Fully Vaccinated <<----- Most are here
Booster vaccinated <<----Some are here
Revaccinated
Super vaccinated
Super duper vaccinated
Uber vaccinated
Mega vaccinated
Really really vaccinated
Jumbo vaccinated
Astro Galactic Vaccinated
to be continued

One thing I cannot quite decipher at the moment is these two trains of official advice that cannot intersect -
1) Get your Booster really quick for Omicron because of potential vaccine evasion
and
2)We will have the Omicron adjusted vaccine ready in 100 days

The injections at the moment are based around the configuration of the spike protein in the original Alpha strain.