Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Vaccine megathread

All things COVID
isha
Verified Username

Re: Vaccine megathread

Post by isha »

Immer shanti bleiben, Bishop. No need for agitation (though I understand why many feel it).
We can and will do this just by stating the facts.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Cant see our government making unpopular decisions like this.....our health service is on brink of collaspe,and we locked down for a lot less pressure on it
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Setanta wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:34 pm
Is it any wonder our health service is as bad as it is if this is any indication of their knowledge and comprehension?
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I guess any measure is a help at this stage......even if it eradicated flu like last year,would help massively IMO....seems an obvious step ...can't see the government facing down critism,and doing anything to help though🤷

@Pureisle.....I dunno why quote feature failed there😔
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Some very revealing numbers and charts here.
One question I have is whether 'vaxxed' includes those dying at any time immediately after injection?
As I recall deaths within the first two weeks after injection were listed as 'unvaxxed' ....... which of course could skew the numbers greatly.
Anyway, have a look

https://expose-news.com/2022/12/26/pfiz ... ccination/
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

PureIsle wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:14 pm Is it any wonder our health service is as bad as it is if this is any indication of their knowledge and comprehension?
No thanks, we won't be blamed this time for the utter mind bogglingly incompetence of the HSE.

Anyone who even thinks mask wearing will help with the health service situation right now , after all we know and what we've been through over the last 3 years must have a screw loose.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Deos this new vaccine work against the new varient?
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Setanta wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:23 am Deos this new vaccine work against the new varient?
A new variant that’s handy for making a few sales. To answer your question the vaccine does sweet f all.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:34 am A new variant that’s handy for making a few sales. To answer your question the vaccine does sweet f all.
If the vaccine did sweet f all, it wouldn't have gotten EMEA approval.....
Jack The Stripper

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:35 am If the vaccine did sweet f all, it wouldn't have gotten EMEA approval.....
And we take emea at face value do we? Emea couldn’t lie straight in bed.
Jack The Stripper

This variant will travel through the eir fibre.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

From yesterday's Irish Times re uptake of second booster which averages at 8% of the population.
The highest uptake was 33 per cent in Rathfarnham-Templeogue.
https://www.irishtimes.com/health/2023/ ... ome-areas/

What amazes me is that even in leafy Templeogue (fck me, that's tricky to spell!) 67% of the population have now turned into dangerous, racist, misogynistic conspiracy theorists!!
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

All i can add is,
Attachments
j.jpg
j.jpg (253.95 KiB) Viewed 743 times
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:54 am And we take emea at face value do we? Emea couldn’t lie straight in bed.
Spoken as someone who never had to deal with the EMEA and their questioning and checking......
Jack The Stripper

If the government weren’t so busy with their plantation plan there would be mandatory vaccinations.
Jack The Stripper

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:15 pm Spoken as someone who never had to deal with the EMEA and their questioning and checking......
Dose yourself away I’m not stopping you at all. I’m just telling you basic fact about this man made virus. It’s not my fault if you feel stupid after taking vaccines for it.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:20 pm Dose yourself away I’m not stopping you at all. I’m just telling you basic fact about this man made virus. It’s not my fault if you feel stupid after taking vaccines for it.
People can take whatever they want and refuse whatever they want. Why be as intolerant as the ones who support/ed mandatory shots? Let people do what they want and choose. No one knows for sure the facts about all of this - that's all I know for sure.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

isha wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:43 pm People can take whatever they want and refuse whatever they want. Why be as intolerant as the ones who support/ed mandatory shots? Let people do what they want and choose. No one knows for sure the facts about all of this - that's all I know for sure.
I would add that considering the history of false and misleading information pushed on the public, I now do not trust any official statements at all. Everything said must be checked and double checked from multiple sources.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

That's the beauty of science. Scientific facts can and do change when presented with scientific evidence to the contrary. Conspiracy theorists keep their views even when presented with contradictory evidence.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I know some conspiracy theorists who strongly believed in UFO's for years and were laughed at.........and now the US government is coming out with vids of the tic tac ufo video taken by their pilots............................well I never :roll:
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:20 pm Dose yourself away I’m not stopping you at all. I’m just telling you basic fact about this man made virus. It’s not my fault if you feel stupid after taking vaccines for it.
Do you mean to say the virus was completely man made in an American lab like the theory espoused by Jeffrey Sachs or that it was modified in a lab in Wuhan as goes the internet lore?

Modified in Wuhan fails Occams’s razor as there is already a large depository of animals infested with coronavirus there that are naturally mutating all the time. Sachs’ ‘theory’ or better described as wild speculation is just bonkers and doesn’t fit any of the known facts, like ground zero of the virus.
Jack The Stripper

knownunknown wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:16 pm Do you mean to say the virus was completely man made in an American lab like the theory espoused by Jeffrey Sachs or that it was modified in a lab in Wuhan as goes the internet lore?

Modified in Wuhan fails Occams’s razor as there is already a large depository of animals infested with coronavirus there that are naturally mutating all the time. Sachs’ ‘theory’ or better described as wild speculation is just bonkers and doesn’t fit any of the known facts, like ground zero of the virus.
Man made of course, I don’t have any interweb link of that now as that seems to be the slam dunk. Believe what you want and disbelief what you want. Dose yourself with the soup sorry vaccine if you wish also.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:40 pm Man made of course, I don’t have any interweb link of that now as that seems to be the slam dunk. Believe what you want and disbelief what you want. Dose yourself with the soup sorry vaccine if you wish also.
How did you come to that conclusion?
Jack The Stripper

knownunknown wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:51 pm How did you come to that conclusion?
I derived at that conclusion, do you want a 300 word essay on it?