Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Vaccine megathread

All things COVID
isha
Verified Username

Re: Vaccine megathread

Post by isha »

As far as I can make out the President of the International Vascular Society is Professor Sherif Sultan. He is a leading vascular surgeon and medical researcher operating out of hospitals and clinics in Galway, and working at NUIG.
The pictures of him look the same as the speaker and the job description fits. Of course I'm open to correction if someone knows otherwise.

https://www.galwayclinic.com/medical-pr ... n/105-138/

He is calling for investigation of the vaccines due to vascular reactions he is seeing in patients, especially those who have Covid itself and then the vaccine.

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

So unvaccinated people are bad drivers now apparently ...

The people pushing this crap are mentally ill.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

So in addition to recent concerns expressed by

Professor Sherif Sultan above (based in Ireland)

Professor Shmuel Shapira, former head of the Defense Ministry’s Biological Institute between 2013 and 2021, and Israeli covid vaccine head developer,

and

Dr Masanori Fukushima, Professor Emeritus at Kyoto University and Director and Chairman of Translational Research Informatics Center (TRI), Japan, an oncologist with over 25 years’ experience engaging in the practice and dissemination of standard cancer treatment and reforming Japan’s medical care system

Both of whom I mentioned earlier..

A few more prominent scientists have come out more recently with serious concerns

Prof. Masanaka Nagao from Hiroshima University School of Medicine believes the Covid vaccines are causing immune system abnormalities

And

Prof Shigetoshi Sano from Kochi University School Of Medicine is demonstrating pathways for the causation of adverse events.

I think Japan may be the first country to do a recall

Elsewhere Dr Kerryn Phelps, former Australian MP to 2019, first female President of the Australian Medical Association and well known doctor and medical rights spokesperson in the national media in Australia, has spoken publicly about the devastating vaccine injury her wife continues to suffer with post covid shot, and also says she herself was badly injured from her second shot.

Dr Thiravat Hemachudha, chief of the Thai Red Cross's Emerging Infectious Diseases Health Science Centre, professor at the Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University and King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, has spoken out in Thailand about acute heart risks from covid shots.

Moderna vaccine use has been discontinued in Australia from mid December.

I don't know what will happen. I'm hoping for proper research and recall if necessary. But I would like to note that people who have expressed concerns since the beginning have been subject to terrible abuse and sneering on almost every forum where they have posted. Plus banning. This is an interesting case to study re how propaganda works.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

isha wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:08 pm I don't know what will happen. I'm hoping for proper research and recall if necessary. But I would like to note that people who have expressed concerns since the beginning have been subject to terrible abuse and sneering on almost every forum where they have posted. Plus banning. This is an interesting case to study re how propaganda works.
Almost every forum!

I rarely comment on discussions but I will make an exception for this, as have been thinking about it a lot recently.

I have never really understood the thinking behind deleting/banning/modding those who express concern about this subject. But all the grown up forums definitely have strict policies in place that such discussions are not to be tolerated.

This site has no views on what is right or wrong on this topic (or any other), so whatever happens regarding future research will make no difference to what can be discussed here.

But as you have noted there are more mainstream critics expressing doubts now, so I do sometimes wonder if future research proves there are genuine concerns with the vaccines, will those forums that banned any dissenting views hold their hands up and admit they were wrong.

An interesting case study as you note, and in this case the unanswered questions are likely to be resolved in time. But as an example of how propaganda works, it has a much wider and more pervasive impact that just the topic of COVID vaccines
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I don't think anyone will hold their hands up and admit they were wrong, or not very many. I have no great expectations for such honesty. It's scary what has happened. I don't even see how the leaders can afford to admit what has happened.

My own wider friends and family, though, who very much disagreed with me all throughout the vaccines debate, have begun telling me recently that they now agree there are issues. Our disagreements were naturally friendly as we are close, but there were times when some of them literally begged me to get vaccinated, sometimes very tearfully. I felt horrible about how upset they were. But the media was so strong and influential on people's minds. Only for my stubbornness I could not have borne it, honestly.

I see there's stuff coming out now on Twitter about the direct interference by the US government on various global platforms where professional, scientific people who dared to have different opinions than the government were ridiculed, banned, censored etc.

This whole thing needs to be taken seriously. I believe very bad mistakes were made on many levels of the pandemic.

Vaccines for vulnerable cohorts was one thing - understandable, justifiable.... only of course if they wanted it. But the mass coercion to take trial injections and the mass censorship to enforce almost pathological fear with the aim of controlling people is a huge deal. It's one of the most consequential events of history. In my opinion, obviously.

Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

What is the current booster shot number?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:45 pm I don't think anyone will hold their hands up and admit they were wrong, or not very many. I have no great expectations for such honesty. It's scary what has happened. I don't even see how the leaders can afford to admit what has happened.

My own wider friends and family, though, who very much disagreed with me all throughout the vaccines debate, have begun telling me recently that they now agree there are issues. Our disagreements were naturally friendly as we are close, but there were times when some of them literally begged me to get vaccinated, sometimes very tearfully. I felt horrible about how upset they were. But the media was so strong and influential on people's minds. Only for my stubbornness I could not have borne it, honestly.

I see there's stuff coming out now on Twitter about the direct interference by the US government on various global platforms where professional, scientific people who dared to have different opinions than the government were ridiculed, banned, censored etc.

This whole thing needs to be taken seriously. I believe very bad mistakes were made on many levels of the pandemic.

Vaccines for vulnerable cohorts was one thing - understandable, justifiable.... only of course if they wanted it. But the mass coercion to take trial injections and the mass censorship to enforce almost pathological fear with the aim of controlling people is a huge deal. It's one of the most consequential events of history. In my opinion, obviously.

The Berenson story was out a while back and this only confirms it further. https://www.gubu.ie/viewtopic.php?f=6&t ... son#p34789
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Guburnor wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:26 pm Almost every forum!

I rarely comment on discussions but I will make an exception for this, as have been thinking about it a lot recently.

I have never really understood the thinking behind deleting/banning/modding those who express concern about this subject. But all the grown up forums definitely have strict policies in place that such discussions are not to be tolerated.

This site has no views on what is right or wrong on this topic (or any other), so whatever happens regarding future research will make no difference to what can be discussed here.

But as you have noted there are more mainstream critics expressing doubts now, so I do sometimes wonder if future research proves there are genuine concerns with the vaccines, will those forums that banned any dissenting views hold their hands up and admit they were wrong.

An interesting case study as you note, and in this case the unanswered questions are likely to be resolved in time. But as an example of how propaganda works, it has a much wider and more pervasive impact that just the topic of COVID vaccines
I would suspect many of the forums, particularly busier ones,were receiving government funding/advertising to prop them up (likely how boards paid for its move to new platform imo),in similar vein to how they take out massive full page ads in local papers etc.... famously varadkar threatened to slash advertising in local papers,if critical ads/opinion pieces weren't curtailed....and there was a government minister whom threatened womens aid (??) charity funding if she wasn't platformed at it's events......(both non COVID to be clear!)

it's not beyond reach of reason to suspect some interference in these,and journal.ie type coverage, particularly in light of it known government were monitoring social media accounts

There should eventually be a full enquiry into all the government actions/spending on COVID,40 billion euro is too much to handwave away and ignore......I say this as someone,who has no issue in supporting,lockdowns and the vaccines
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Jack The Stripper

There will never be an inquiry to what was spent. A Irish puppet government to the eu. Trying to launch a an inquiry at local level is naive and nonsensical.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

I, for one, do not believe that mistakes were made.
The whole programme was rolled out deliberately and one would have to say, very effectively.

So diverse views were banned; coercion for jabs was the order of the day; lockdowns and masks to control the populace and of course the media blitz scaring the pants off of all those who listened.

No mistake.
Orchestrated from the start.

Maybe it could be considered that the majority made a mistake by believing what they were told.
Jack The Stripper

PureIsle wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:13 pm I, for one, do not believe that mistakes were made.
The whole programme was rolled out deliberately and one would have to say, very effectively.

So diverse views were banned; coercion for jabs was the order of the day; lockdowns and masks to control the populace and of course the media blitz scaring the pants off of all those who listened.

No mistake.
Orchestrated from the start.

Maybe it could be considered that the majority made a mistake by believing what they were told.
Good post, very true. The public got fed bags of pup payments to shut them up.
Then like you would drop a hot potato the covid restrictions ended to facilitate gormons fantasy of importing single men.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/new ... 49586.html

The government are today launching a vaccine push for 18 to 49 years old people.

It is not my position to advise people to not get what they want.

But there are things that for some people may be worth considering.

More of any antibodies repeatedly is not usually a good thing for anyone's immune system

and this

A recent study showing that repeated covid vaccination shows high levels of IgG4.

One of the author's of the study gives his views in this thread. IgG4 is generally the immune response to allergens. It enables tolerance in the body while the allergen still exists. This MAY have implications re covid persisting in the body with few or mild symptoms.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Of course in the interest of balance I will say you will find many scientists saying this IgG4 issue is not a problem.
mmercedes84

Post by mmercedes84 »

isha wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:08 am https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/new ... 49586.html

The government are today launching a vaccine push for 18 to 49 years old people.

It is not my position to advise people to not get what they want.

But there are things that for some people may be worth considering.

More of any antibodies repeatedly is not usually a good thing for anyone's immune system

and this

A recent study showing that repeated covid vaccination shows high levels of IgG4.

One of the author's of the study gives his views in this thread. IgG4 is generally the immune response to allergens. It enables tolerance in the body while the allergen still exists. This MAY have implications re covid persisting in the body with few or mild symptoms.

Haven't most people in this age group already have Covid particularly in last six months.

So government position - don't get booster if in this age group before most busy social period of year. Then it's important to get your booster. Are they actually for real or just trolling at this point ....
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

mmercedes84 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:43 am Haven't most people in this age group already have Covid particularly in last six months.

So government position - don't get booster if in this age group before most busy social period of year. Then it's important to get your booster. Are they actually for real or just trolling at this point ....
Honestly I think they might be a bit spooked. People are continuing to get covid in spite of multiple shots and from what I can make out the pressure they wanted to avoid on the health systems is happening now. So it's a spooked reflex to revert to saying what they had been saying before - get vaccinated.

Also to be honest the images and news coming out of China and the massive all at once spread among a gigantic population with very low herd immunity due to lack of exposure are a bit worrisome. 50% of passengers on a plane recently to Milan from China had covid. That indicates a massive infection rate and I think there may be significant death numbers. All this will lead to governments being frightened.

It may be a good opportunity to put into play a system like the Great Barrington declaration which called for targeted protection (before Fauci et al called for a fast and devastating takedown of its suggestions). But repeatedly vaccinating especially younger cohorts is not much use - in my opinion, obviously, and I may be wrong.

There are things governments could encourage vitamin D, use of vit c, quercetin and zinc, use of antibiotics. Which apparently was not considered appropriate before as it's a virus... Which meant some countries under treating the bacterial pneumonia.

This damn disease has been a problem since it was first released (after gain of function research, in my opinion). I think it is going to continue to be a problem for a while because of the massive wave going on in China. I feel sorry for them
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

50% of passengers on a plane recently to Milan from China had covid.
Is this correct?
I understood, from what I read, that the 50% number reflected those with a 'positive' test for a virus, rather than having Covid illness.

Did I misunderstand?

EDIT:

Just found another reference and apparently
38% of one flight
52% of a second flight
tested positive for Sars-Cov2.

There was no mention of anyone of them having Covid.

If the same tests were run against the inhabitants the majority would likely test positive also.
Last edited by PureIsle on Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jack The Stripper

Maybe we could start taking in a shot of Chinese people claim asylum because of covid 🙄
mmercedes84

Post by mmercedes84 »

They have even stopped measuring positive infections, would it not make more sense to track infection rates in under 50s and vaccination for this cohort then is really pointless.
Although I suspect if they actually did this the infection rate is prob over 80% - rendering vaccination pointless.

I've had covid in last month - I'd want my head to be examined to get a booster based on this moronic advice from the health minister. Some will just read however and get jabbed without any critical thinking af that's what the man on tv said to do.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I think I'll get it anyway.....fcuk knows what way this clusterfcuk of adbandoning zero covid will end from China and what way this virus could mutate

I seen Cuba are claiming their vaccine stops people from spreading it,which would make it better than the ones offered worldwide so far,if true
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Am I correct in thinking that NPHET is gone since April? More brilliant forward planning....
'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:44 pm Am I correct in thinking that NPHET is gone since April? More brilliant forward planning....
The expert group that were at the core of the cervical smear scandal. People with King Tony on their walls and lighting candles under him praising him as God and no aerial pod could clean his history up. People have no memory.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:54 pm The expert group that were at the core of the cervical smear scandal. People with King Tony on their walls and lighting candles under him praising him as God and no aerial pod could clean his history up. People have no memory.
I wasn't thinking of Tony Holohan in particular but the concept of getting rid of NPHET as if the virus had gone away - a bit like the carry on over Christmas by a sizeable chunk of the population which has had an entirely predictable outcome.
'no more blah blah blah'
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:00 pm I wasn't thinking of Tony Holohan in particular but the concept of getting rid of NPHET as if the virus had gone away - a bit like the carry on over Christmas by a sizeable chunk of the population which has had an entirely predictable outcome.
The thinking was the pandemic phase was over,and now it's endemic and not a public health emergency

Wasn't much point in keeping it on,when the government were just ignoring it's advice anyway
Jack The Stripper

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:00 pm I wasn't thinking of Tony Holohan in particular but the concept of getting rid of NPHET as if the virus had gone away - a bit like the carry on over Christmas by a sizeable chunk of the population which has had an entirely predictable outcome.
Nphet was just a soap opera, what do you want or expect people to do? Wear masks 365 and become prisoners in our country again back to the 5km restrictions etc.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:31 pm Nphet was just a soap opera, what do you want or expect people to do? Wear masks 365 and become prisoners in our country again back to the 5km restrictions etc.
I'm not sure what I want, but some definitive action like mask wearing on public transport (which I hate) would seem a good idea. However our overlords in their wisdom have a laissez-fair attitude to that, much as they did at the start of the pandemic, and we know where that led.
'no more blah blah blah'