Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Vaccine megathread

All things COVID
Hairy-Joe

Re: Vaccine megathread

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I got mine this morning. I heard it on the news on the radio at 8.30. I went online and got a slot for 10:05. I rocked up to the vaccine center at 9:30 and got dosed straight away.

It was the new Pfizer tailored for the new Covid variants. I'm sitting here with no effects. No sore arm, no headaches or "off" I had with the previous booster (Moderna).

As someone who works with some of the people who developed some of the vaccines and having friends not recovered from Covid almost 2 years later, I have zero issues getting the boosters
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:50 pm I'm not sure what I want, but some definitive action like mask wearing on public transport (which I hate) would seem a good idea. However our overlords in their wisdom have a laissez-fair attitude to that, much as they did at the start of the pandemic, and we know where that led.
Wear a mask in public transport for all it will do but anyway. The sooner people realise the government and its ministers for example the current health minister have no intention what so ever to be on the side of the Irish person the wiser they would become. Martin has done more for the country of Ukraine in his Taoiseach role than what he did for the Irish in his entire political career.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:07 pm Wear a mask in public transport for all it will do but anyway. The sooner people realise the government and its ministers for example the current health minister have no intention what so ever to be on the side of the Irish person the wiser they would become. Martin has done more for the country of Ukraine in his Taoiseach role than what he did for the Irish in his entire political career.
I have no idea of your age but if you're as old as me and have observed politics for as long you should realise that most things are NOT conspiracies but incompetence.
'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:13 pm I have no idea of your age but if you're as old as me and have observed politics for as long you should realise that most things are NOT conspiracies but incompetence.
I have no conspiracies only facts. Can you back up this meander of a post?
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Seventy-five years. That’s how long Pfizer and the FDA tried to hide the Pfizer documents from public view — long after just about everyone affected is dead. It wasn’t until renowned attorney Aaron Siri led a FOIA case against the FDA that a federal judge ordered the documents to be released in 108 days, the same amount of time it took the FDA to approve the Covid-19 injections.

Within the Pfizer documents is Document 5.3.6 (Post-Marketing Experience), a cumulative analysis of adverse event reports occurring in the 90 days after the public rollout of the Covid-19 mRNA injection. And within that report, 275 people suffered a stroke suspected to be attributed to the vaccine between days 1 to 41; 50% of these occurred within the first 48 hours after injection.

It’s important to note that strokes are life-altering events, which occur “when the blood supply to part of the brain is interrupted or reduced, preventing brain tissue from getting oxygen and nutrients. Brain cells begin to die in minutes.”—Mayoclinic

https://dailyclout.io/criminal-malfeasa ... e-rollout/

According to Dr. Chris Flowers, the checks that one would expect to be done on the effects of the injections were not done at all in the EU. The EMA should be asked why.

Too many people being injured by these medications for such a relaxed attitude to be taken to what we are seeing.
Jack The Stripper

We have Fergal Scours ranting about icu numbers and vaccines the greatest spoofer. It’s all a money making exercise.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

John Ioannidis, Professor of Medicine at Stanford University, did a calculation way back in March/Apry 2020 on the (pre vaccine) Infection Fatality Rate of Covid. His work was made public and was ignored or criticised. He found an IFR lower than influenza.

The research has recently been peer reviewed and published without changes made.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 512201982X
Highlights

Across 31 systematically identified national seroprevalence studies in the pre-vaccination era, the median infection fatality rate of COVID-19 was estimated to be 0.034% for people aged 0–59 years people and 0.095% for those aged 0–69 years.

The median IFR was 0.0003% at 0–19 years, 0.002% at 20–29 years, 0.011% at 30–39 years, 0.035% at 40–49 years, 0.123% at 50–59 years, and 0.506% at 60–69 years.

At a global level, pre-vaccination IFR may have been as low as 0.03% and 0.07% for 0–59 and 0–69 year old people, respectively.

These IFR estimates in non-elderly populations are lower than previous calculations had suggested.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Thank isha for that update.

I was introduced to John Ioannidis through Ivor Cummins back in 2020, and his calculations became part of the information I relied upon for decision making for my behaviour during our "health crisis". I had previously known of Ivor's work on cardiac health and related subjects and appreciated his data centered opinions.

I was shocked at the absence of any public advice about keeping/getting healthy and boosting the immune system during the daily scare-mongering on the evening news.

I became a bit obsessive about gaining proper information and discovered that neither masks nor lockdowns should have been the way to go during this crisis. I wondered then, and still do, why the Western world should follow the actions of China, which was/is generally regarded by our governments and media, as a completely unreliable and near pariah state. In doing so, all previous good practice in the face of an epidemic was not only abandoned but the exact opposite was implemented.

From there it was an easy step to completely ignore the bull crap being hammered out daily on our main media.
I was really rocked back on my heels though when, on asking my doctor what treatment she would provide should I contact Sars-Cov2, she replied 'none'. My experience is not unique - in fact that 'none' has been well advertised as the official advice!

That for me was an even more serious situation than the public scare mongering. That was a personal 'contract' between doctor and patient, which IMO was being shattered.

This experience has caused me many hours of troublesome thought about ALL aspects of the medical profession; medical advice previously accepted at face value; and the commercial influence of the pharma companies on such advice.
The results of those thoughts are even more troublesome than all that went before.

I now regard the majority of general medical practitioners as charlatans and salespersons for drugs, and little else.
For me the medical profession, with few exceptions, are welcome, necessary, and beneficial when facing injury or trauma, but should be completely ignored where general health is concerned.

The most troubling of all is the near complete wiping of any discussion or debate on any aspect of medical practice, present day or historical. Of course it is not only medical subjects that are treated this way, others such as alleged reasons for wars are treated in similar fashion - WMDs anyone?
OK, that is for a different discussion but the treatment is very similar.

All-in-all this has been a very enlightening few years for me.
I sometimes think I was more at ease not knowing and believing all the BS we are fed daily.

/rant

Happy new year to all! :D
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Out of insatiable curiosity I have read a lot of diverse and weird stuff over more than 30 years so I am not as shocked as many might be at the censorship and authoritarianism that has gone on. I also had a lot of experience standing up to schools, church, and medical authorities in a very rural, backward area while raising my children according to principles that are rational for me, so it's not my first rodeo.

My feeling re the mandates, societal control and the extreme hate speech that was encouraged is a bit more like the quote from the Lord of the Rings -

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

It has been interesting to observe the power of propaganda. A bit scary too.

To be honest, I get scared too when I read the mainstream stuff - it's very powerful, I'm not immune to it, I have to zoom out and try for perspective very regularly. I get the heebie jeebies too at the thought of new variants with high morbidity etc etc. I just have stronger heebie jeebies about being injected with random genetic stuff!

For happy new year thoughts - I think more is to come. Digital IDs, individual carbon records, medical records as social credit style systems, CBDCs, etc. But as long as I'm around they will have a stubborn contrarian to deal with.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Well, I was at an event yesterday. It was both indoors and outdoors and there was about 150 to 200 people there. I was the only one wearing a mask and keeping the 2m distance. There was plenty people coughing and from talking, a lot recently suffered from "flu".....
Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori »

I have just got on with living my life - no masks or any of that. I would consider getting a booster, but given that it does not prevent transmission, I don't see much of a point, given my (relatively!) young age.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm in my 40's and relatively healthy. I got the booster as I've seen younger friends suffer massively with Covid that they cought before the vaccines. That's why I got the booster, I am being selfish and don't want to suffer they way they are.
Jack The Stripper

Is there any data available on the % of population in Ireland that are vaccinated/boosted?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:07 pm Is there any data available on the % of population in Ireland that are vaccinated/boosted?
https://covid-19.geohive.ie/pages/vaccinations

Jack The Stripper

Thanks for those stats, bad news for Pfizer and all involved in earning a few euro out of this what ever it is. No wonder the government are peddling rte and getting Fergal scours wound to the sky on a possible new variant. There won’t be a new variant by the way until next week anyway.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm Amazed that the WALL STREET JOURNAL (!!!) has today published an article that sounds like (but wasn't) it was written by one of the very bold virology and vaccinology experts I have been reading since this situation began.

Incredible that this is now allowed to be seen in the mainstream media when the problem of immune imprinting and the likelihood of the vaccine itself causing virus evolution via selective evolutionary pressure was considered lunatic conspiracy talk before. Look at my very earliest posts - this was what I have been reading elsewhere for ages. I was sanctioned on threads on other forums for saying that eminent virologists were worried about this in 2020. Now, January 1st 2023, here it is...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/are-vaccin ... c3itletmli

Public-health experts are sounding the alarm about a new Omicron variant dubbed XBB that is rapidly spreading across the Northeast U.S. Some studies suggest it is as different from the original Covid strain from Wuhan as the 2003 SARS virus. Should Americans be worried?

It isn’t clear that XBB is any more lethal than other variants, but its mutations enable it to evade antibodies from prior infection and vaccines as well as existing monoclonal antibody treatments. Growing evidence also suggests that repeated vaccinations may make people more susceptible to XBB and could be fueling the virus’s rapid evolution.

Prior to Omicron’s emergence in November 2021, there were only four variants of concern: Alpha, Beta, Delta and Gamma. Only Alpha and Delta caused surges of infections globally. But Omicron has begotten numerous descendents, many of which have popped up in different regions of the world curiously bearing some of the same mutations.

“Such rapid and simultaneous emergence of multiple variants with enormous growth advantages is unprecedented,” a Dec. 19 study in the journal Nature notes. Under selective evolutionary pressures, the virus appears to have developed mutations that enable it to transmit more easily and escape antibodies elicited by vaccines and prior infection.

The same study posits that immune imprinting may be contributing to the viral evolution. Vaccines do a good job of training the immune system to remember and knock out the original Wuhan variant. But when new and markedly different strains come along, the immune system responds less effectively.

Bivalent vaccines that target the Wuhan and BA.5 variants (or breakthrough infections with the latter) prompt the immune system to produce antibodies that target viral regions the two strains have in common. In Darwinian terms, mutations that allow the virus to evade common antibodies win out—they make it “fitter.”

XBB has evolved to elude antibodies induced by the vaccines and breakthrough infections. Hence, the Nature study suggests, “current herd immunity and BA.5 vaccine boosters may not efficiently prevent the infection of Omicron convergent variants.”

A New England Journal of Medicine study published last month provides more evidence of the vulnerability caused by immune imprinting. Neutralizing antibodies of people who had received the bivalent were 26 times as high against the original Wuhan variant as they were against XBB and four times as high as they were against Omicron and the BA.5 variant.

Similarly, a study this month in the journal Cell found that antibody levels of people who had received four shots were 145 times as high against the original Wuhan strain as the XBB variant. A bivalent booster only slightly increased antibodies against XBB. Experts nevertheless claim that boosters improve protection against XBB. That’s disinformation, to use their favored term.

A Cleveland Clinic study that tracked its healthcare workers found that bivalent vaccines reduced the risk of getting infected by 30% while the BA.5 variant was spreading. But, as the study explained, the reason might be that workers who were more cautious—i.e., more likely to wear N95 masks and avoid large gatherings—may have also been more likely to get boosted.

Notably, workers who had received more doses were at higher risk of getting sick. Those who received three more doses were 3.4 times as likely to get infected as the unvaccinated, while those who received two were only 2.6 times as likely.

“This is not the only study to find a possible association with more prior vaccine doses and higher risk of COVID-19,” the authors noted. “We still have a lot to learn about protection from COVID-19 vaccination, and in addition to a vaccine’s effectiveness it is important to examine whether multiple vaccine doses given over time may not be having the beneficial effect that is generally assumed.”

Two years ago, vaccines were helpful in reducing severe illness, particularly among the elderly and those with health risks like diabetes and obesity. But experts refuse to concede that boosters have yielded diminishing benefits and may even have made individuals and the population as a whole more vulnerable to new variants like XBB.

It might not be a coincidence that XBB surged this fall in Singapore, which has among the highest vaccination and booster rates in the world. Over the past several weeks a XBB strain has become predominant in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts, making up about three-quarters of virus samples that have been genetically sequenced. The variant has been slower to take off in other regions, making up only 6% of the Midwest and about 20% in the South. The Northeast is also the most vaccinated and boosted region in the country.

Hospitalizations in the Northeast have risen too, but primarily among those over 70. One reason may be that the T-Cell response—the cavalry riding behind the front-line antibodies—is weaker in older people. The virus can’t evade T-Cells elicited by vaccines and infections as easily as it can antibodies. Because of T-Cells, younger people are still well-protected against new variants.

Another reason may be that monoclonal antibodies are ineffective against XBB, and many older people who catch Covid can’t take the antiviral Paxlovid because they have medical conditions such as severe kidney disease or take drugs that interfere with it.

The Biden administration’s monomaniacal focus on vaccines over new treatments has left the highest-risk Americans more vulnerable to new variants. Why doesn’t that seem to worry the experts?
Jack The Stripper

Time to get off the bus when you get slapped by the wee wee on forums.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

utter farce
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

WSJ - "Should Americans be worried?"
How worried are they of catching 'flu' every year?
Is there huge hype about the different 'flu' variants appearing every year?

More fear mongering and hype.
There is no intention of letting things go 'back to normal'.
The 'new normal' is to keep the people in a constant state of fear.
Much easier to control them in that state.

Bring back masks - a definite indicator of how successful the control is - which are pointless in the face of an airborne viral infection.
If in doubt that the control is not optimum, then bring back lockdowns - another ineffective action against viral spread.

The circle remains unbroken!
KHD

Post by KHD »

The heathens in this thread should all be thrown in jail.... according to this prize idiot. Purillse and Isha, ye are going straight to deathrow unfortunately.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Meh I won't be paying much attention to that weasel. He is very unlikeable, not to mention free with his fists.
🙂
KHD

Post by KHD »

isha wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:01 pm Meh I won't be paying much attention to that weasel. He is very unlikeable, not to mention free with his fists.
🙂
FFS... he even gave away his Oscar recently to a great celebrity cause... straight to the electric chair with you, and no special meal allowed the night before,.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

KHD wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:46 pm The heathens in this thread should all be thrown in jail.... according to this prize idiot. Purillse and Isha, ye are going straight to deathrow unfortunately.
Is there any subject on which he holds a reasonable view?

He would do himself a favour if he kept quiet instead of showing everyone how stupid (most mild I could think of ATM) he is.

.. anywhere he is not, would not be too bad ....
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, wants a public enquiry into the Irish response to the pandemic.
An inquiry into the handling of the Covid-19 pandemic should not be about “pointing fingers” or “ascribing blame”, the Taoiseach has said.

Leo Varadkar also said he wants an inquiry into the response to the virus “up and running” this year.
https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/r ... 56961.html

The Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, in July 2021, on CNN, saying that the main trouble in Ireland was being caused by the "5% who are unvaccinated".

"Unfortunately the 5% who are not (vaccinated) are causing a lot of the trouble." - Leo Varadkar pointing fingers and ascribing blame.

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

isha wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:55 am The Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, wants a public enquiry into the Irish response to the pandemic.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/r ... 56961.html

The Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, in July 2021, on CNN, saying that the main trouble in Ireland was being caused by the "5% who are unvaccinated".

"Unfortunately the 5% who are not (vaccinated) are causing a lot of the trouble." - Leo Varadkar pointing fingers and ascribing blame.

Absolutely sickening.
A lying little sociopathic thug, and that CNN lying c*nt nodding along...