Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Can I get the J&J vaccine?

All things COVID
Wibbs
Verified Username

Re: Can I get the J&J vaccine?

Post by Wibbs »

JDaniels wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:01 amFrom your link
Yep the usual scaremongering based off the strong tendency in the human mind, myself included, to not understand big numbers and statistical risk. We see the scary pic and naturally shudder in horror. If you read of the side effects and deaths that occur from over the counter aspirin every year... It's a tiny risk of death(unless for example you take aspirin on the regular and don't tell your doctor before an operation), but it would put off many. People read of a 1 in 300,000 figure for side effects and crap the bed, yet unless you're a vegetarian marathon runner, who sleeps stress free up a tree in paradise land we all do things that are likely to take months if not years off our lives and/or make us unhealthier for longer and never give them a second thought.

Well I'll find out tomorrow as I've just come off the phone with a pharmacy who has me in for the J&J in the morning. If my willie falls off and I start getting 5g updates through my left nostril I'll let ye know. If I die ye can say I told you so. :D

Funny enough a half hour ago I got a call from another pharmacy who I'd also registered with telling me they had no J&J left but would I be interested in Pfizer. Spooky... Or not. She went on to tell me that there was almost no J&J left in hand anywhere and that the government would not be buying in any more in the future, so it was pfizer/moderna or nothing and was I still interested. I declined. The pharmacy who I am getting it from said it was one of their last batches.
Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Just been to two local pharmacies who were listed online as J&J vaccinators. Both said they're out and not expecting more. Looks like you got in before the lock Wibbs!
Wibbs
Verified Username

Post by Wibbs »

I'm fine... Microsoft Update... Over 5G... Restart is required... Fribbet.... Wibble... All hail Liam O'Gates.
Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.
Wibbs
Verified Username

Post by Wibbs »

schmittel wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:40 am Just been to two local pharmacies who were listed online as J&J vaccinators. Both said they're out and not expecting more. Looks like you got in before the lock Wibbs!
It seems I did S. For a nice change I beat the odds. Just. :shock: :D