Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

The Covid Religion

All things COVID
kadman
Verified Username

Re: The Covid Religion

Post by kadman »

I want to read everyones view, not just the views decided by some i should read. That way I get to decide, thats what makes Gubu of interest to me.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Having been brought up in Holy Catholic Ireland where diverse opinion was a rare commodity, I welcome differing points of view.
I do find, however, that this particular poster does little research before posting and is continually called out for posting misinformation.
By all means post your different, even radical views, for debate but at least have the good manners to ensure there is at least a modicum of truth in them.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

The internet is constantly becoming a place influenced by corporations, being heralded as the truth seekers and sayers, more so to increase their bottom line, than anything remotely related to the truth,

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

We've started so well here and it would be nice to leave name-calling behind in the other place.
'no more blah blah blah'
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:37 pm People that whinge about the quality of the moderation or quality content of threads are to me the big killers of the site. In my opinion if you don't like it, don't be ruining it for everyone else by trying to make a big exit. If you don't like the site, you know where the delete account button is.
I'm going to take your advise.

Unfortunately there isn't actually a delete account button but if you change your email to a non existent email you will never be able to log in again. Close enough.

The site's slowed to a crawl and when it's descended into threads about 'The first time I scratched myself' then it's time for me to go. The internet is a big place and there's far more interesting things to see. Adios!
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Hey Scotty, you dont have to piss yerself off engaging with nutballs ( should you decide they are one), just move on , leave them alone, and start a thread that would engage you and interest you. Thats what we want.

There's always gonna be nutballs , depending on your viewpoint, but you've already engaged intelligently on interesting threads, so keep going with that............leave the fruitcakes in the rear view mirror. It would be a boring forum if we all had the same viewpoints, we need a bit of diversity ;)

Post by 6456739 »

Scotty wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:50 pm I'm going to take your advise.

Unfortunately there isn't actually a delete account button but if you change your email to a non existent email you will never be able to log in again. Close enough.

The site's slowed to a crawl and when it's descended into threads about 'The first time I scratched myself' then it's time for me to go. The internet is a big place and there's far more interesting things to see. Adios!
Agreed. I'm seeing less and less reason to stay in this barren asylum.

Post by 765489 »

Scotty wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:50 pm I'm going to take your advise.

Scotty, that thread was posted in After Hours, the Op meant it as a bit of fun. I think you just want every thread title and post to agree with your point of view and your sense of humour. Not going to happen in a public forum that has balanced moderation. You have to expect there are going to be posters with different points of view and different reasons for being on a public forum. Variety is the spice of life and all of that. Good luck in your search for the perfect public forum.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

ancapailldorcha wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:20 pm Agreed. I'm seeing less and less reason to stay in this barren asylum.
Well if it's barren you've only yourself to blame - your posting record is hardly anything to write home about.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

@ ancapailldorcha - are you still a moderator on Boards?
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Mountain wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:37 pm Have you actually read the first post?

It's not an interesting opinion, it's puerile drivel. "People who believe in science are all in a religious cult". And from a poster who just posts lies and ravings. Now, I'm absolutely fine with a forum that allows that, but let's call it for what it is.
I'm not referring to that post Mountain. It's the trivial post he decided to add in from After Hours that I posted on a thread about scratching oneself.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

All I'll say is thank feck for the "Add Foe" function. It stops me seeing a posters posts. I use it to turn off noise posters
Abella

Post by Abella »

ancapailldorcha wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:15 pm I've only posted in this thread, the Latvian one, and the main vaccine one in this forum. Hardly stalking but I suppose when you're an extremist, all dissent must be condemned in the most extreme rhetoric possible.
The woke left rely on a carefully constructed denial of reality, to a far greater extent than any of the cults or religions they seek to supplant. This does not attract intelligent followers who can think for themselves, they must be told how to interpret the comings and goings in the world, if they are not provided with several layers of carefully selected context by the the likes of CNN, they'll interpret it the wrong way.
These Branch Covidians could not be happier, they for once get to be heroes by carrying on in life as they always have, losers with no social life who rarely go out, Covid restriction have made them "heroes" when the rest of the time they seen as losers by society.
These are the posters who rush to try shut down any discussion on just maybe we are not been told the truth, they love this time when they can be "heroes" and dont want it to end.

Post by 6456739 »

Abella wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:04 pm The woke left rely on a carefully constructed denial of reality, to a far greater extent than any of the cults or religions they seek to supplant. This does not attract intelligent followers who can think for themselves, they must be told how to interpret the comings and goings in the world, if they are not provided with several layers of carefully selected context by the the likes of CNN, they'll interpret it the wrong way.
These Branch Covidians could not be happier, they for once get to be heroes by carrying on in life as they always have, losers with no social life who rarely go out, Covid restriction have made them "heroes" when the rest of the time they seen as losers by society.
These are the posters who rush to try shut down any discussion on just maybe we are not been told the truth, they love this time when they can be "heroes" and dont want it to end.
Generic fascist claptrap. I'm Irish. How would I even watch CNN? Actually, don't bother answering. I think I'll put you on ignore with the rest of the edgy culture warriors.