Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Proxy war between NATO and Russia

News, geopolitics, impact, consequences etc from the Ukraine Russia conflict
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Proxy war between NATO and Russia

Post by CelticRambler »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:15 am I still can't fathom why young people worldwide aren't on the streets in the West and Russia demanding an end to this 'absurdity' as the UN Secretary General put it.
Well, it's easy enough to understand why they're not on the streets of Russia. Putin doesn't take well to people (of any age) suggesting that anything he says isn't entirely true, or anything he does isn't entirely motivated by honest intentions.

As for the youth of the West - of whom can they demand an end? Putin started it, Putin's keeping it going, and Putin doesn't want to listen to anyone who doesn't agree with him, so ... :?:

Better that the youth of today keep doing what they are doing: offering practical support to the victims of Putin's murderous fantasy.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:29 am This article I find very informative, it dispenses with the propaganda and emotion and focuses on what actually going on in Ukraine at the moment from a military perspective. Written by a former lieutenant colonel from the US army.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/04/can ... unt-on-it/

From what I can see the Russians have now got their sh1t together both tactically and logistically and slowly moving westwards from the east. If they make a move later on Odessa, Ukraine as a country will become landlocked. The weaponry being shipped in by Nato and other western nations seem to be getting blown up on a nightly basis by both ballistic missiles and RU aviation according to nightly Russian military updates ( if true ) An S300 air defence system retails for 150 million euros, how many of these donated by Western countries are now burnt out piles of scrap ?
I wouldn't read too much into that. For a start, they're assuming that it would be Ukranians training Ukranians (note use of future conditional tense) when in fact it has been and is (past, and now present tense) various Western forces that are providing the training. The article also seems to put considerable weight on the use of tanks, when in fact the weaponry being supplied at the moment is "everything but tanks" ... and they're not being blown up every day and every night.

The article also makes no reference to the equivalent situation on the Russia side: i.e. that the Russians also have to train up a whole new army of conscripts if they want to keep the effort going, and they haven't even started the process because, y'know, they're not at war. Not only that, but if they decide to go to war, they'll also have to equip those soldiers with guns and ammunition and various weaponry, of which they have a limited - and dwindling - supply.

When all is said and done, since the article was written, Russia has lost more territory than it's gained, and the number of "suspect" incidents at critical infrastructure in Russia has increased, so I think it's pretty fair to say that the wind is firmly in Ukrainian sails at the moment.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Putin started it but the Military/Industrial complex in the West are lapping it up and if we survive to have a War Crimes Tribunal in the Hague they can stick Biden and his fellow travellers in for good measure. A plague on them all and if I could push a button .......
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:44 am Putin started it but the Military/Industrial complex in the West are lapping it up and if we survive to have a War Crimes Tribunal in the Hague they can stick Biden and his fellow travellers in for good measure. A plague on them all and if I could push a button .......
Yep, MIC think they have won the lotto, its perfect for them in terms of multi billions into their bank accounts.
As for war crime tribunals, we never had them in any real sense of the word, and none for western war mongers. Nuremberg tribunal was a show trial, as most of ss criminals were scooped up and brought to the US in operation paperclip and virtually given US citizenship.

Pox on all of them for sure, east and west, if you are an innocent civilian it makes no difference what force is pointing a weapon on you and pulling the trigger.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:01 am Given the stranglehold Putin and his cronies have on the Russian media I suspect that your average person on the street there has no grasp of how close the world is to Armageddon. In the West the lack of seriously large protest against the whole 'absurdity' is mind blowing.
‘Make love, not war’ has been replaced by ‘make war, for love’.

War doesn’t have many outcomes, annihilation of one or both sides or peace. People can’t reason properly anymore, it’s scary.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

knownunknown wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:30 pm ‘Make love, not war’ has been replaced by ‘make war, for love’.

War doesn’t have many outcomes, annihilation of one or both sides or peace. People can’t reason properly anymore, it’s scary.
Its not surprising that we have lost the art of communication in current society, when we look at any street corner you will find virtually everyone totally engrossed in their phones. At that level we wont allow proper verbal communication to interrupt our push button text speak.

And with modern weaponry its far easier to press a button than talk rationally
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:09 pm 7074LlY 4GR33 wI7 j00 K4dM4n. w0RLD I2 g0N3 M4D..
Just keep yer mallet fingers away from the nuclear football or we are all fekked.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

On a lighter note, I remember when I was camping with the scouts in the early 60's next to Fylingdales nuclear early warning facility.
It was the top secret early warning center that gave a 4 minute warning against a nuclear strike. In reality we had fek all chance of getting all our stuff and 15 tents stowed away in 4 hours let alone 4 minutes , if that warning went off :lol:

And we all used to think, what idiot designed a top secret facility to remain hidden in the middle of bogland that looked like a field full of massive white golfballs that you probably could have seen from the moon
Attachments
800wm.jpg
800wm.jpg (193.4 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

When the truth just pops out of yet darn mouth 🙂

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
46a

Post by 46a »

isha wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:06 am When the truth just pops out of yet darn mouth 🙂

Psalms 64:8

He will turn their own tongues against them and bring them to ruin; all who see them will shake their heads in scorn.