Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Will Russia Invade Ukraine Tonight.

News, geopolitics, impact, consequences etc from the Ukraine Russia conflict

Re: Will Russia Invade Ukraine Tonight.

Post by 316670 »

Celchick wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:13 pm That's literally a photo of soldiers - zero evidence they're nazis but you just choose to believe it because you like Putin because America?
There are more photos , they are Azov, self proclaimed Nazis.
The other photos show a perfect circle where the missile entered the gymnasium and of the dead bodies inside. Not exactly suitable for posting here , would you think?
We have had 2 years of the media lying about Covid , trust the science they say, now the actual Pfizer trial science documents are being released showing the danger of the vaccine the science is to be ignored?
Why are people believing the media? Genuine answers would be appreciated.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Denying the strong existence of the Azov battalions in Ukraine is as stupid as hyping them to say they reflect on most Ukrainians.

It is possible to contemplate many contradictory and awkward things within the space of ones skull without it exploding.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

isha wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:57 pm Denying the strong existence of the Azov battalions in Ukraine is as stupid as hyping them to say they reflect on most Ukrainians.

It is possible to contemplate many contradictory and awkward things within the space of ones skull without it exploding.
But in todays level of technology its nigh on impossible to sort all the wheat from the chaff. But we should at the very least be willing to listen to everybody's input on it. It doesn't mean we agree with them. If we cant do that, then how in the name of god can we expect to have politicians negotiate a peaceful outcome, coming from radically different viewpoints.
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

Best news I've heard all week was the truck taking down them gates at that Russian embassy.
Good luck getting new gates or anyone to work on it.
The embassy says and I quote "The incident is cause of extreme concern. We believe that no people of sound mind could support such senseless and barbaric actions"
They really are taking the piss here, demented and should be kicked out of this country immediately.

Post by 490808 »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:14 pm Best news I've heard all week was the truck taking down them gates at that Russian embassy.
The embassy says and I quote "The incident is cause of extreme concern. We believe that no people of sound mind could support such senseless and barbaric actions"
They really are taking the piss here, demented and should be kicked out of this country immediately.
Better if they stay then they can see how much red paint they attract.

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

If we close the russian embassy, then maybe our embassy in Russia gets closed, and then any Irish people in Russia will have lost consular support should they need it.

Post by 316670 »

I say most here have never heard of Stephan Bandera, big hero in west Ukraine,erecting statue’s and putting him on postage stamps, small problem for the western media, he was a Nazi
The Ukrainian government gave him the Hero of Ukrainian Award in 2010 to widespread international condemnation including the Simon Wiesenthal Center, but many round here refuse to believe there is a Nazi element in Ukraine.
You won’t here about him on the BBC, should make you wonder what else is been kept hidden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepan_Bandera
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:14 pm Best news I've heard all week was the truck taking down them gates at that Russian embassy.
The truck incident is being reported around the world. Guards outside the embassy are said to have stood idly by. There were spectators, video takers and cheerers. And a lot of positive commentary about it on Twitter - the kind of truck protest people like, it seems.
The man who drove the truck also organised protests against accommodation outside of Direct Provision for asylum seekers in Ballinamore, and Oughterard. |Protests which included lighting a fire beside proposed apartments, and other criminal damage. He has been subjected in the past to a court injunction to stop him erecting a high fence to stop work being done on apartments. One local who expressed concern about those protests at the time had his home and car fire-bombed.

See the way every thing has shades of dark and light, and nothing is as straight up as it seems.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Celchick wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:06 pm But who's denying it?
I was referring to Mountain, who automatically dismisses anything that does not fit into his world view paradigm. That's all.

Strange things presented in an unlikable manner MAY sometimes prove to be true in the end. I have found that to be so, certainly over the course of this pandemic - I started out as a fervent zero covid supporter and literally detested people who I thought endangered older people with their attitude.
Over time I see that what was done caused immense harm to many people, some in my own family circle - elderly isolated, young people left with dreadful mental health issues, lost diagnoses, etc etc etc. I trust that may have been unforeseen by most who implemented measures, but the downsides were at least partially foreseen by people presenting a different narrative in a very unlikable manner. That has been sobering (for me).
peasant
Verified Username

Post by peasant »

isha wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:22 pm
See the way every thing has shades of dark and light, and nothing is as straight up as it seems.
Problem is though, newspaper headlines, tweets, facebook posts and insta captions don't leave room for grey ...everything has to be black and/or white.

Try to show, disect and analyse the grey and all the reaction you usually get is ...tl,dr

Post by 316670 »

The gullible lapped this up when the media pushed this nonsense.
*Fake News*
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

peasant wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:37 pm Problem is though, newspaper headlines, tweets, facebook posts and insta captions don't leave room for grey ...everything has to be black and/or white.

Try to show, disect and analyse the grey and all the reaction you usually get is ...tl,dr
Yeah tis true.
And this is all bloody awful. So I can understand people being horrified and wanting black and white. It is horrific. But it is not straight -forward. I do think the worst thing politically was leading Ukraine up the garden path. What a terrible mess.

And by the way I think Ireland should move over in the bed and take in as many war refugees from Ukraine as we possibly can. I felt the same about Syria. People fleeing war is a nightmare for them, everything they left behind is also in ruins. There are houses in villages around me that are empty. There should be some kind of local quick restoration of houses that have been let go.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

isha wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:49 pm And by the way I think Ireland should move over in the bed and take in as many war refugees from Ukraine as we possibly can.
For context, the latest information I've seen is that Ireland has already taken in 1800 refugees. The UK, on the other hand, has taken in ... 50. I am utterly disgusted at the UK's response to this problem - refusing to take in shell-shocked families, but quite happy to give peerages to Russian spies. :evil:

As for my own response, I am seriously considering offering to house three mother-and-child(ren) groups, if (a) I can find some way to do it without looking like I'm trying to set up my own personal harem :P ; and (b) if I can get organised enough to clear the space in the bedrooms, which seem to have become pandemic project dumping grounds while I wasn't looking! On account of work commitments, I can't do or offer anything for another few weeks at the earliest, so I'd be hoping that maybe, just maybe, a tenuous peace will have returned to the region by then.

Post by 316670 »

Was only a conspiracy till today
From the Russian ministry of defence
And a statement released today , things getting interesting to say the least.
Statement by the Chief of the Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Protection troops of the Russian Federation Armed Forces Lieutenant General Igor Kirillov (March 7, 2022)

▪ The Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation has repeatedly drawn attention to the biological programmes implemented by the Pentagon in the post-Soviet area.

Including the territory of Ukraine that has united a chain of more than 30 biological laboratories divided into those for scientific research and for sanitary-epidemiological investigations.

▪Those works have been ordered by the Defence Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA). A firm affiliated to the defence department (Black and Veatch above all others) are involved in the implementation of the projects.
The works refer to three main branches. In the first place, it refers to the biological situation observation in the areas of possible deployment of the NATO military contingents, according to the Pentagon. In the second place, it is dedicated to collecting and transporting the strains of dangerous microorganisms. The third branch of activity refers to scientific investigations on potential biological weapons agents that are specific for that region, possessing natural focuses and able to be transmitted to humans.

For example, since 2021, the Pentagon has been carrying out the project called 'Diagnosis, observation and prevention of zoonotic diseases in the Armed Forces of Ukraine' funded with 11.8 million dollars.

In 2020-2021, the German Ministry of Defence examined the Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, leptospirosis, meningitis, hantaviruses
causative agents within the Ukrainian-German initiative for biological security on the external borders of the European Union.

Under the pretext of testing agents for the treatment and prevention of the coronavirus infection, a few thousand of serum samples taken from the infected individuals that refer to the Slavic ethnicity have been transported from Ukraine to Walter Reed Army Institute of Research.

▪At the same time, the activity of the biological laboratories that, according to our data, has been intensified since 2014 and the so-called Ukrainian healthcare system 'reforming' programme implemented by the United States have led to an unmanageable increase of hazardous and economically important infections morbidity.

Thus there has been noted an increase of rubella, diphtheria and tuberculosis cases in Ukraine. The incidence of measles has increased more than 100 times. The World Health Organization has declared Ukraine a country with a high risk of the poliomyelitis outbreak.

▪We are considered that in the year of 2007 a strain of African swine fever with high contagiousness was constructed in the Georgian biological laboratory which is subordinate to Pentagon. It`s spread caused significant economic damage to a number of states including Ukraine and Poland and excluded them from a number of pork exporters.

▪The Department of the Chief of the Russian troops NBC protection constantly analyzes the biological situation on the territory of Ukraine.

According to our data an emergency phasing out of the biological programmes takes place. The analysed documents confirm that Ukrainian Health Ministry has set a task to completely destroy the bio-agents in the laboratories since 24th of February.

At the same time the analysis of the instructions given to the laboratory officials indicates that liquidation procedure is aimed at the irrevocable destruction of the collections. Apparently, everything necessary for continuation of the implementation of the military biological program has already been taken out of Ukraine.

▪The analysis of the acts of destruction shows that work was carried out with pathogenes of plague, anthrax and brucellosis in the Lvov biological laboratory, pathogens of diphtheria, salmonellosis and dysentery in laboratories in Kharkov and Poltava. Here are some of them: only in Lvov 232 containers with the casuative agent of leptospirosis, 30 containers with tularemia, 10 with containers brucellosis, 5
containers with plague were destroyed. In total more than 320 containers. The nomenclature and excessive number of bio-pathogens indicate that the work was carried out within the framework of military biological programs.

▪The curators from the Pentagon understand that if these collections get to Russian experts a fact of violation of the Convention on the Prohibition of Biological and Toxin Weapons by Ukraine and the USA will most likely be confirmed. Namely: carrying out work to enhance the pathogenic properties of microorganisms with usage of synthetic biology methods.
Only this can explain a haste with which the liquidation was carried out.
This is only a small part of documents. We continue the work and will inform you.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

CelticRambler wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:35 pm For context, the latest information I've seen is that Ireland has already taken in 1800 refugees. The UK, on the other hand, has taken in ... 50. I am utterly disgusted at the UK's response to this problem - refusing to take in shell-shocked families, but quite happy to give peerages to Russian spies. :evil:

As for my own response, I am seriously considering offering to house three mother-and-child(ren) groups, if (a) I can find some way to do it without looking like I'm trying to set up my own personal harem :P ; and (b) if I can get organised enough to clear the space in the bedrooms, which seem to have become pandemic project dumping grounds while I wasn't looking! On account of work commitments, I can't do or offer anything for another few weeks at the earliest, so I'd be hoping that maybe, just maybe, a tenuous peace will have returned to the region by then.
Yeah I was actually casting an eye over my spare room today. A problem is it's quite a small house and very - extremely - rural, which might drive people demented if they are not used to it. It is close to literally nothing and lots of it! So I thought what about the empty houses in the villages, the ones left behind after the celtic tiger - surely there could be meitheals to do up some of them.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

@NotThatDevnull - as mentioned before, if you wish to post this sort of stuff can you please provide source links so others can view it if they want. Thanks.
NotThatDevnull wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:40 pm And a statement released today , things getting interesting to say the least.
Statement by the Chief of the Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Protection troops of the Russian Federation Armed Forces Lieutenant General Igor Kirillov (March 7, 2022)
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

Land mines littered a proposed route for Ukrainians to flee, Red Cross official says.

https://www.businessinsider.com/land-mi ... &r=US&IR=T
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

isha wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:42 pm Yeah I was actually casting an eye over my spare room today. A problem is it's quite a small house and very - extremely - rural, which might drive people demented if they are not used to it. It is close to literally nothing and lots of it! So I thought what about the empty houses in the villages, the ones left behind after the celtic tiger - surely there could be meitheals to do up some of them.
Well, that's the other thing: so many of the images of refugees are of people fleeing an out-and-out urban environment, so I was wondering to what extent they'd be able to settle into a rural routine. But then I remembered the remarks of a couple of my young "Covid" refugees, who came for a mental health break, a couple of summers ago. One said, when I commented on her singing what sounded like a very sad song while sitting on the doorstep in the twilight, "at least I can sing here" ; the other, when she reappeared after an unexplained absence of an hour or three, said "I love that this place is full of hiding places, where I can be on my own for as long as I want, and nobody comes looking for me".

But country life can be pretty tough for people who aren't used to it. And then there's the local hunt, tearing around the countryside and letting loose with their double-barrelled shotguns at things that scoot across the fields ... that wouldn't be great for the PTSD. :(
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Mountain wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:47 pm I never denied the existence of the Azov battalions.

I do laugh at those who obviously spend far too much time devouring alternative news in matters like science and foreign policy when they clearly lack the ability to process and/or to filter. It's as if standards like "what are your qualifications", "what are your sources" have been thrown out the window in recent years.
You clearly presume that YOU have the ability to process/filter all the stuff you read/hear. And that your sources are always the correct ones. And that your qualifications are the necessary ones. That your standards are the good ones. Etc.
And that's kind of what we all do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lots of the ''science'' and ''foreign policy'' that has been pushed most heavily in recent years has turned out to be wrong.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Just heard a report that the UK government is concerned about the sheer number of Ukrainian refugees the Irish government is intending to take - common travel area etc. Of course the State here will take everybody with minimum security checks and add them to the very large number of undocumented already here. A Stalinist friend told me after the fall of the Berlin Wall that we (the West) had seen nothing yet and I now see what he meant.

On another tangent, global disasters are becoming great business for Ireland's bloated hotel sector with many now in line to receive millions for being turned into refugee accommodation. Loads of cheap labour too for those hotels that remain in use for tourists. Whatever happened to that sensible Peter Bacon 2009 report that said we had vastly too many hotels: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/qua ... n-1.770198
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

We never ever had a proper process for vetting anyone that was let into the country. I remember working on a site where some of the workers left when a new worker started on the site. It turned out that the new worker was a convicted murderer in his home village. The fact that the ukraine government freed convicts that had military experience in order to fight, is probably going to worry some people, or maybe not.

Its going to be impossible to vet people properly now.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I just heard on the radio that the ukranian people coming into the country will be met by department of social welfare and issued PPS numbers and child benefit numbers. I only wish the 3000+ homelesss people sleeping on our streets a few years ago had been dealt with in such a manner, instead of the issue being swept under the carpet and ignored.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

kadman wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:32 am I just heard on the radio that the ukranian people coming into the country will be met by department of social welfare and issued PPS numbers and child benefit numbers. I only wish the 3000+ homelesss people sleeping on our streets a few years ago had been dealt with in such a manner, instead of the issue being swept under the carpet and ignored.
It's like a play on the Biblical saying, "A prophet is not without honour except in his own country"
Our politicians are at their best when trying to impress outsiders as to what a major player we are on the world stage, they don't need to impress the captive natives. The unfortunates who come here will also be disillusioned before too long

Post by 316670 »

Guburnor wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:44 pm @NotThatDevnull - as mentioned before, if you wish to post this sort of stuff can you please provide source links so others can view it if they want. Thanks.
It’s not hard to find official Russia sources, they publish a lot of information that is not reported by the western media.

Post by 316670 »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:18 pm Land mines littered a proposed route for Ukrainians to flee, Red Cross official says.

https://www.businessinsider.com/land-mi ... &r=US&IR=T
Stop and think.
Land mines are a defensive weapon
Who is attacking and who is defending?
Why would the Russians sow a mine field that their soldiers would have to advance over to capture the objective?
A moment of thought Is all it take to see through the propaganda bull shit.