Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Will Russia Invade Ukraine Tonight.

News, geopolitics, impact, consequences etc from the Ukraine Russia conflict
DeletedUser

Re: Will Russia Invade Ukraine Tonight.

Post by DeletedUser »

When a Muslim goes into a concert hall and blows up a load of people at a concert in the name of Islam - we are told “not to blame all Muslims”.

Yet a single person - Putin - invades a neighbouring country and it’s clear most of his country are against it though too afraid to say so - we “cancel” ALL Russians!!!

The left are so woke they’re disappearing up their own holes.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:22 pm When a Muslim goes into a concert hall and blows up a load of people at a concert in the name of Islam - we are told “not to blame all Muslims”.

Yet a single person - Putin - invades a neighbouring country and it’s clear most of his country are against it though too afraid to say so - we “cancel” ALL Russians!!!

The left are so woke they’re disappearing up their own holes.
Who's saying blame all Russians?
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:45 pm Who's saying blame all Russians?
Have you been asleep ?
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:54 pm Have you been asleep ?
Go on then, enlighten me!
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:47 pm This conflict has nothing to do with leftys, rightys, wokeness / pc correctness or covid belief or disbelief.

This is a war between the Americans and the Russians over a country that has special strategic value to both. American foreign policy versus Russian foreign policy. It's as simple as that. Its what it was always about.
Not to forget American Interests which is top of the agenda. They have long time been pressuring the EU to cut all dependance on russian energy, and take good old yankee fracked oil in exchange. And now that ship has landed for them.

Plus all the money for the weaponry they have been flooding ukraine with over the years.

Oh yeah, and the US think people are important too.

Post by 316670 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:58 pm Go on then, enlighten me!
Censorship of any dissenting voice to the narrative "All Russians bad"

Post by 316670 »

isha wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:20 pm I absolutely reject any attempt at forced or even coercive vaccinations so would disagree with him COMPLETELY there. It is dreadful authoritarianism. But he can also be right on other things, even if wrong on some. I do find it weird to think that if someone is wrong at x, she or he must be considered wrong on everything. Me and my mechanic are a good example. We disagree on almost every political issue, and he is quite adamant about things, but by Christ can he fix my car!
Has he apologized for getting it spectacularly wrong about vaccines?
We can all have a opinion , but when it it demonstrably wrong we should admit it, he has not done so on vaccines so why should we give a hoot about what he has to say now?

Post by 316670 »

Celchick wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:45 am

What did he get spectacularly wrong?
I'm currently of work with Covid, tested positive for it last Friday, boss said take the week of see you after paddys weekend, had a runny nose and a tickly cough, bit of a fever and some chills Staurday and Sunday, woke up Monday felt fine, the most deadly virus know to man©, and here i am not a bother on me, unvaccinated master race.
Arnold was for forcing a experimental vaccine into people, not looking good now the Pfizer trial documents are being released.
Triple vaxxed filling up the hospitals and I'm back to normal in under week .

Post by 95438756 »

Nazi holocaust survivor, 96, killed in Russian shelling on his Apartment block :shock:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60826303
Windex

Post by Windex »

No wonder they banned RT news in the west, cant have the truth been given to the westerner audience.
We have been told the last few days the baddies bombed a shopping center for no reason other than they are the baddies.
Turns out the the Ukies where using it in a military capacity, the shopping center has been quietly dropped from the news, its as if a narrative is more important than the actual truth.
Video from a Russian drop showing Ukie rocket launcher firing and then going back to base, the shopping center

naturally i will be accused of working for the Kremlin, just for posting the truth. :?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Whiff of a re-reg about your nonsense posting. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Mountain wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:33 am What is with the obsessive need to return to a forum from which you've been repeatedly banned?

There must be other sites where all this conspiracy theory right wing racist anti vaxx pro Kremlin anti liberal tirade is welcome?
I find his posting fairly dumb but I find your posting insulting and wearisome in a different way - here you are (again!) literally conflating ''anti-vaxx'', ie anyone who personally chose not to take a gene therapy still in trial, with right wing, racist, anti liberal etc etc, whatever you can shoe horn in for another ridiculous tirade against anyone who is not and does not think exactly like you. Talk about the kettle and the pot. I refute your rotten accusations of being right wing etc etc, because your regular tirades include me among your targets. I did not take that shot and never ever will. And I will defend my right not to do so literally to my last breath.

On Russia/Ukraine, there have been terrible stories over the weekend of suffering by people being bombed. It is horrific. I also met a lady running an airbnb I stayed in who is taking in a family - she is a lovely person and they will be looked after royally in an historic old house. And I saw some horrific videos/photos which are available in their hundreds now of Ukrainian soldiers, or some kind of forces, wrapping sellophane and sticky tape to tie people to lamp posts who they are calling ''marauders''. The people on the lamp posts included girls, a father and his son, groups of young men, people caught stealing bread etc. They often had their pants removed and people were invited to beat them with implements. And worse, I presume. I showed some to my husband and he was terribly upset by them.
I remember after the Yugoslavian war hearing from friends who live in the countries affected about the atrocities that were committed on all sides and how it led after the war to an epidemic of alcoholism and domestic violence, the effects of which are still felt to this day. A whole society is being destroyed.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Windex

Post by Windex »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:31 am Whiff of a re-reg about your nonsense posting. :mrgreen:
been here since the beginning
the other place has lost it big time over Ukraine, so posted here
would seem discourse is unwelcome here also, only the official line will be tolerated
surprising considering Zelenskyy just banned all opposition political parties and seized all media
how many times will you hear today in the western press that the Ukrainians are fighting for freedom and democracy?
everyone i dont agreed with must be a rereg :lol:
just because you took the media bait hook line and sinker, does not mean others are not so easily led
Windex

Post by Windex »

Mountain wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:33 am What is with the obsessive need to return to a forum from which you've been repeatedly banned?

There must be other sites where all this conspiracy theory right wing racist anti vaxx pro Kremlin anti liberal tirade is welcome?
reading a few of your posts............i feel sorry for you
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

MOD NOTE: If you wish to debate/refute/discuss whatever points the poster is making, please do so. If you think the points are not worth debating/refuting/discussing because in your opinion the poster is a conspiracy theory right wing racist anti vaxx pro Kremlin anti liberal troll, just ignore the poster.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

Windex wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:24 am No wonder they banned RT news in the west, cant have the truth been given to the westerner audience.
We have been told the last few days the baddies bombed a shopping center for no reason other than they are the baddies.
Turns out the the Ukies where using it in a military capacity, the shopping center has been quietly dropped from the news, its as if a narrative is more important than the actual truth.
Video from a Russian drop showing Ukie rocket launcher firing and then going back to base, the shopping center

naturally i will be accused of working for the Kremlin, just for posting the truth. :?
MOD NOTE: Another poster was previously warned for posting screenshots rather than direct links. It's not helpful. Please include links if you want to post this sort of stuff.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Mountain wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:48 am That's a bit sensitive and dramatic, dying breaths and all. I never mentioned you. I was referring to his conspiracy theory right wing racist anti vaxx pro Kremlin anti liberal tirades. This site is full of examples under his various names.

There's no need to get offended on his behalf, I'm sure he can post his own defence!
It's not dramatic. I am done with people bundling a whole heap of irrelevant insults together to disparage others with whom they disagree.

It has been stressful and horrible to be among the population who chose not to take the gene therapy. There are direct consequences in real life to labelling people with whom you don't agree. We have had to withstand being the subjects of constant hate mongering and scapegoating by senior media figures which resulted in literal hate within communities. People agreeing the unvaccinated should not get transplants. Being banished from social life, and many ordinary establishments for months.
People lost their careers, their livelihoods. A neighbour and former friend of mine said I should never be allowed to have any form of medical treatment for anything ever again or be permitted to enter a doctor's surgery or hospital. That's just the tip of the iceberg. There are real effects from calling people nasty things.

So, I have the experience to warrant being angry at labelling people with whom you disagree on anything with ridiculous epitaphs. You can fully think someone is wrong about the Russian- Ukrainian situation without calling them right wing, racist, anti vaxx, anti liberal etc. People will always disagree on stuff and life is so complex now that disagreement will be profound. I just scroll past the stuff that looks ridiculous. That one second of scrolling is easy.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Name calling seems to have been a tactic used here as support for a persons opinion to bolster their view. It gives them a feel good self righteous feeling.
I never opted to get vaccinated due to the new type of medication rushed through with no testing which I never felt happy about. Anyone I talk to now who are vaccinated say its looking like I was probably right in my choice, but who knows. I was unvaccinated when I was hospitalised on 3 occasions, and twice when there was an outbreak in 2 hospitals, but all went well, and I am still unvaccinated.
I have a superfit son who was vaccinated due to it being compulsory, or lose his job. He is a keep fit fanatic doing high intensity training at least 1 1/2 hours per day " insanity fitness training. Mountain climber, skier, snow boarder, you know the type. Since the vaccine he has developed a cardiac issue that he never had. My brother developed a serious reaction to his vaccine and was hospitalised a few days later in icu and was told it was a extremely rare reaction and was a 1 in a million case.
One of his work colleagues developed the same thing, and was hospitalised. So do I trust what we are being told no.

Am i an anti vaxxer, of course not. Am i a pro choicer.............you bet your ass I am . Isha I totally respect your choice when it comes to your bodily integrity. If the anti vax tag is the only thing a poster can come up with, then they are not worth engaging with.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Windex wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:40 am Image
would seem discourse is unwelcome here also, only the official line will be tolerated
surprising considering Zelenskyy just banned all opposition political parties and seized all media
how many times will you hear today in the western press that the Ukrainians are fighting for freedom and democracy?
just because you took the media bait hook line and sinker, does not mean others are not so easily led
I haven't taken any media bait thank you. I have a brain and as somebody who has probably been around a great deal longer than you I have seen it all before. I have no love for Putin or indeed most Eastern Euopeans who can't seem to move on into the 21st century. As I stated at the outset, there's nothing happening in the unfortunate Ukraine that should drag the rest of us into the post-WW.III. stone age and there's no reason for the West to get involved in a dispute between two former Soviet states. That Putin needs to be put in a padded cell is beyond doubt but that is up to his own people.
'no more blah blah blah'
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

Windex wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:40 am Image
Zelensky banned ALL opposition parties? Wow, show us a link. And not a link to him banning 11 political parties with ties to Russia during a fecking war with Russia :lol:

The best advice I'd seen for the demented clowns who don't get why the west is siding with Ukraine is just imagine your reaction if it was Trudeau doing what Putin is doing. :lol:
Windex

Post by Windex »

Banshee Bones wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:39 pm Zelensky banned ALL opposition parties? Wow, show us a link. And not a link to him banning 11 political parties with ties to Russia during a fecking war with Russia :lol:

The best advice I'd seen for the demented clowns who don't get why the west is siding with Ukraine is just imagine your reaction if it was Trudeau doing what Putin is doing. :lol:
the important bit you skipped over
how many t2imes will you hear today in the western press that the Ukrainians are fighting for freedom and democracy?"
Trudeau a hero to many on the left, shown his true colours with the truck protest, a danger to freedom, but not a peep from the media about it, i wonder why?
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

Aaannd no attempt to defend or concede a point when its disproven

You know the maxim that BS is far less effort to generate than it is to rebuke? That's not the case with your posts :lol:

You know that the UK suspended elections for the duration of WW1 and WW2 and it outlawed pro Hitler parties? That's how Democracy works in war.

Putin bombs the shit out of a city and you're still sperging out about Trudeau being some sort of equivalence. My point proven.

Did the other lad get banned or summat?
Windex

Post by Windex »

Banshee Bones wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:22 pm Aaannd no attempt to defend or concede a point when its disproven

You know the maxim that BS is far less effort to generate than it is to rebuke? That's not the case with your posts :lol:

You know that the UK suspended elections for the duration of WW1 and WW2 and it outlawed pro Hitler parties? That's how Democracy works in war.

Putin bombs the shit out of a city and you're still sperging out about Trudeau being some sort of equivalence. My point proven.

Did the other lad get banned or summat?
bans opposition partys, very democratic
controls the media, cant have any voice calling for peace
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ci ... 022-03-20/
he will fight to the last man, and then flee to the west, corrupt to the core, imagine what he will get paid to drag this no win situation out?

the media has now told you they are the good guys, what short memories some have
Welcome to Ukraine, the most corrupt nation in Europe
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/f ... pe-ukraine
U.S., EU 'Very Disappointed' As Ukraine Delays Appointing Anti-Corruption Head
https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-anti-co ... 01183.html
Oh no what is this
Ukraine’s Accelerating Slide into Authoritarianism
https://www.cato.org/commentary/ukraine ... itarianism
he is the good guy now, what changed?
Ukraine - Zelensky's authoritarian turn?
https://euobserver.com/opinion/152478
he is our nazi now, so he is alright
Ukrainian President Zelensky deepens alliance with far right
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2021/0 ... r-m01.html
you are been played like a stradivarius
Facebook owner defends policy on calls for violence that angered Russia
https://www.reuters.com/world/kremlin-s ... 022-03-11/

obviously you wont read any of the links i provided, might make you think and we cant have than
Last edited by Windex on Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windex

Post by Windex »

Celchick wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:41 pm Ukrainians are fighting for freedom and democracy... so let's bomb the shit out of them.

Russian folk of course are living in a democratic paradise.

How come only what the mainstream media reports is suspicious but the other sources are just so trustworthy?
why are the Ukrainian far right and the corruption OK now?
have you formed your own opinion or has the news given it to you?
have you looked into it on your own or has all your info been given to you by the main stream media?
bear in mind the media has been caught lying plenty of times before, and on many occasions to push for war, why would you still trust them to give you the truth on Ukraine now?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Windex wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:47 pm why are the Ukrainian far right and the corruption OK now?
have you formed your own opinion or has the news given it to you?
have you looked into it on your own or has all your info been given to you by the main stream media?
bear in mind the media has been caught lying plenty of times before, and on many occasions to push for war, why would you still trust them to give you the truth on Ukraine now?
It is a fact that there are issues with right wing movements in the Ukraine. I also believe there have been numerous killings of Russian ethnic people in the eastern parts of Ukraine since 2014. Not many believe that, and even fewer want to mention it now.

BUT what you are getting completely wrong - in my opinion- is using those facts or even the fact of massive corruption within the Ukraine (or the US or France or wherever) to create any kind of moral equivalence or moral basis for equivocation when it comes to the situation in Ukraine now.
It is not justified to snipe at one's own civilisation / ''team''/ side right now when we are facing such a dreadful situation. It is a time for one voice.

There will be time enough in the future to deal with the pimples on an arse after the cancer has been dealt with.
Russia has invaded a sovereign country. Its armed forces are brutalising the people there. It is wholly wrong and unjustified and MUST be stopped. Anything else is inconceivable. Including the weird armchair jingosim among some western people for war, for no fly zones, for teaching Russia a lesson etc - all of that is extremely weird, and even moronic. It could lead to nuclear war.

For the time being, however, there cannot be disruptive equivocation or whataboutery regarding Russia or other imperial forces etc.
I do not want Russia to ''win'', or to be emboldened. I do not want to be ruled by people like the Russian oligarchy. I do not want their kind of politics or social system. Vladimir Putin is not saving the west from the Great Reset or from globohomo leftism or imperialism. He is not providing an alternative to the corrupt global economic system. He is not a saviour figure.
It is extreme foolishness and illusion to imagine he is anything but a greedy, selfish oligarch and a dangerous aggressor.