Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Will Russia Invade Ukraine Tonight.

News, geopolitics, impact, consequences etc from the Ukraine Russia conflict
JONJO THE MISER

Re: Will Russia Invade Ukraine Tonight.

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

Celchick wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:48 pm Which people? There's no "winning" a nuclear war - there's just annihilation.
Who brought up nuclear war? The only person that brought up that was your war criminal pal putin!
The world will react to this scumbag and its going to happen.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Celchick wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:22 am This shit is deranged. Why can't you post constructively? You know full well the majority here don't support Putin or the appalling invasion. You're just posting unhinged stuff for the laugh. Something very vindictive and perverse about getting your kicks that way.
An unfortunate consequence of the recent type of constant hyperbole and emotionalism in the media about every damn thing is that some people get very affected by it. For example I have read of quite a few people reporting to applause on Twitter of them leaving their own small children (9 or 10 years old) uncomforted and crying in their rooms when they have covid, to enforce isolation, and also about others disowning family members. It is crazy kind of stuff. With the Ukraine/Russia agitation on media and click bait social media especially, some people get very consumed by it and it affects them mentally. Look at Biden even, calling for basically assassination and refusing to rule out first strike nuclear response.
I think a lot of people could use a lot of calming down! At least we can see now how all of the nudge behavioural theory works.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Isolating your own children in their rooms instead of actively caring for them when they are sick and crying is just fucked up. I don't care how comfortable their rooms are. God, it's seriously a perversion of privilege ideology to suggest how lucky are the kids left to suffer alone because so many others don't have their furnishings etc. I have covid right now, it's a quite unpleasant illness, and the isolation is a strange and extra unpleasant factor. But I am an adult and will deal with it. If my children were still young, I would NEVER ever inflict isolation on them if they were sick.

And I also don't care for armchair emoting about people listening to shelling whilst simultaneously dismissing serious concerns about one of the most militarily powerful men in the world speaking in escalating tones right now in such a dangerous time of global history as "hand flapping". FFS.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

isha wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:12 am Isolating your own children in their rooms instead of actively caring for them when they are sick and crying is just fucked up.
Totally agree.

There was an alarming number of parents in my kids school who not only did this but also virtue signal about it as if it makes them contenders for parents of the year. I find it utterly shocking.

Just one of the many things that makes me scratch my head and ask did covid turn everybody into raving idiots or was I living amongst total lunatics all along and just didn't realise it.

Post by 95438756 »

Mountain wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:22 am so many Irish people flap their hands about Biden, as if somehow he's the problem.
Yup. Over on that other side boards.ie new threads have been started by recent join lunatics about Biden's mental state being a key component on how the war in Ukraine has gotten completely out of hand in all respects.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:14 pm Yup. Over on that other side boards.ie new threads have been started by recent join lunatics about Biden's mental state being a key component on how the war in Ukraine has gotten completely out of hand in all respects.
It is not a key component - the key component is Putin.

But Biden is not behaving well under pressure and it may be inflammatory. Even the Guardian says so today (but then again maybe they ARE aiming at dumb GROLLIES :? ) - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ents-putin
The US secretary of state, Antony Blinken, has insisted the country does not have “a strategy of regime change in Russia – or anywhere else”, hours after President Joe Biden described Vladimir Putin as a “butcher” who “cannot remain in power”.

Blinken’s intervention is the latest White House attempt to walk back the inflammatory remarks Biden made in a speech in Poland on Saturday.

In comments taken by many as a call for regime change in Moscow, Biden said: “For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power.”
It does seem quite a few people, including some commentators I respect, are happy to see Biden talking like that - I think it is not good.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Joe Biden needs to be stood down as he is showing serious signs of losing his grip on reality. The world is properly fxxd up with a madman in Moscow and an almost senile US President who will talk us all in to a nuclear war. The call for regime change in Moscow was the latest of his unscripted gaffes and follows hot on the heels of his 'response in kind' reference to a Russian chemical attack on Ukraine. The military in both superpowers must be rightly confused by the antics of their leaders.
'no more blah blah blah'
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:49 pm Joe Biden needs to be stood down as he is showing serious signs of losing his grip on reality. The world is properly fxxd up with a madman in Moscow and an almost senile US President who will talk us all in to a nuclear war. The call for regime change in Moscow was the latest of his unscripted gaffes and follows hot on the heels of his 'response in kind' reference to a Russian chemical attack on Ukraine. The military in both superpowers must be rightly confused by the antics of their leaders.
Vlad is a lot of things but very unlikely that he's mental

Jo,e on the other hand, seems to have a tenous grip on his facilities
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

I'm loving this guys channel on youtube.

JONJO THE MISER

Videos all over Twitter of bodies of civilians strewn on every street of areas recapture by the Ukrainians, massacre after massacre done by Russian animals.

In #Bucha, #Russian invaders killed the entire male population aged 16 to 60 - journalist Dmitry Komarov
simone
Location: remember me in the months ahead, and how i was correct

Post by simone »

The Ukrainian forces came into Bucha and slaughtered the locals, the same locals wearing white armbands to signify friendly to Russian forces , bodies dead beside green MRE packages, the MRE that where distributed by Russian forces, it all to obvious what is happening to those who what to see what is happening.

Ukrainian forces on video kneecapping Russian forces, gouging out eyes of captured Russians and stating they will not follow Geneva convention with captured Russian soldiers, Ukrainian army doctor saying we will castrate any captured Russians, it has been a bad week for the Ukrainian side from a PR perspective, so they need to do something to get a win, unfortunately it does not pass the slightest scrutiny.
Only a halfwit would believe it.
JONJO THE MISER

Great tweet here, looking at the scum that are Claire daily and Mick Wallace in Ireland.

JONJO THE MISER

simone wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:34 am The Ukrainian forces came into Bucha and slaughtered the locals, the same locals wearing white armbands to signify friendly to Russian forces , bodies dead beside green MRE packages, the MRE that where distributed by Russian forces, it all to obvious what is happening to those who what to see what is happening.

Ukrainian forces on video kneecapping Russian forces, gouging out eyes of captured Russians and stating they will not follow Geneva convention with captured Russian soldiers, Ukrainian army doctor saying we will castrate any captured Russians, it has been a bad week for the Ukrainian side from a PR perspective, so they need to do something to get a win, unfortunately it does not pass the slightest scrutiny.
Only a halfwit would believe it.
You and your comrades will be turfed out of Ireland in the near future and thrown back to your pariah state and wasteland that is russia.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:05 pm You and your comrades will be turfed out of Ireland in the near future and thrown back to your pariah state and wasteland that is russia.
Would you ever get a grip or better still move back to Boards.ie ?
'no more blah blah blah'
simone

Post by simone »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:05 pm You and your comrades will be turfed out of Ireland in the near future and thrown back to your pariah state and wasteland that is russia.
Ask yourself this one simple question and give a honest answer.
Russian forces left Bucha 30 March, why are we only seeing this atrocities now 4 days later?
I think we all know the answer.
JONJO THE MISER

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:04 pm Would you ever get a grip or better still move back to Boards.ie ?
You should get a grip and take a hard long look at yourself condoning genocide.
simone

Post by simone »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:26 pm You should get a grip and take a hard long look at yourself condoning genocide.
You where played for a fool, take the loss and move on.
Staged footage of the Ukrainian psyop unit from Bucha, in one video there are two mistakes at once. First, we see one of the corpses raising his hand, and then in the rearview mirror, we watch another corpse get up, immediately after playing the part.

The mayor of Bucha in Kyiv region, Anatoliy Fedoruk, stated that the town had been liberated from Russian troops............March 31 will go down in the history of our Bucha community as the Day of Liberation.
https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/34 ... mayor.html
JONJO THE MISER

More war crimes.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:04 pm More war crimes.

Do you believe everything you see on Twitter/YouTube etc? I don't support Putin's invasion in the slightest but in war truth is always the first victim and never more so than in the age of computers and the internet.
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:12 pm Do you believe everything you see on Twitter/YouTube etc? I don't support Putin's invasion in the slightest but in war truth is always the first victim and never more so than in the age of computers and the internet.
While I do think Jonjo lives in a strange part of the internet, let's not forget that 'twas he who asked the question "Will Russian Invade Ukraine Tonight." and the rest of us made fun of him for several weeks ... until his doom-mongering came to pass.

It might also be worth noting that there are now so many accounts of the depravity of Russian forces, if even one tenth of it is true, that's already more than our sanitised Western societies consider tolerable behaviour, and there's probably a lot more that will come to light in due course.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

CelticRambler wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:37 pm While I do think Jonjo lives in a strange part of the internet, let's not forget that 'twas he who asked the question "Will Russian Invade Ukraine Tonight." and the rest of us made fun of him for several weeks ... until his doom-mongering came to pass.

It might also be worth noting that there are now so many accounts of the depravity of Russian forces, if even one tenth of it is true, that's already more than our sanitised Western societies consider tolerable behaviour, and there's probably a lot more that will come to light in due course.
True what you say about Russian forces and what they may have done, but I suspect that the Ukrainian soldiers are not all the gallant warriors that the Western media would have us believe. As for Jonjo's prediction, it was always a 50/50 call so it doesn't really do him much credit for predicting it.
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:39 pm... but I suspect that the Ukrainian soldiers are not all the gallant warriors that the Western media would have us believe.
And yet, to my knowledge, there's not a single video clip or news article describing Ukrainian soldiers raping and pillaging civilians in Russia or Belarus, or shooting them dead in the streets of suburban Moscow, or laying ruin to parts of Minsk. Whatever their degree of gallantry - or lack of it - they've stayed in their own country and kept any bad behaviour "local" and subject to the approbation of their own countrymen.
simone

Post by simone »

CelticRambler wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:57 am And yet, to my knowledge, there's not a single video clip or news article describing Ukrainian soldiers raping and pillaging civilians in Russia or Belarus, or shooting them dead in the streets of suburban Moscow, or laying ruin to parts of Minsk. Whatever their degree of gallantry - or lack of it - they've stayed in their own country and kept any bad behaviour "local" and subject to the approbation of their own countrymen.
Unfortunately plenty of proof out there if you look beyond BBC/CNN
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

This reminds me of the famous photo taken by Adams in Vietnam of a member of the South Vietnam police executing a member of the NVA.

[https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/01/wor ... hoto.html]
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

simone wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:26 am Unfortunately plenty of proof out there if you look beyond BBC/CNN
Yeah ... I think you need to revise your European geography. Mariupol is (at the time of writing) in Ukraine, not Russia or Belarus.