Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Will Russia Invade Ukraine Tonight.

News, geopolitics, impact, consequences etc from the Ukraine Russia conflict
Banshee Bones

Re: Will Russia Invade Ukraine Tonight.

Post by Banshee Bones »

Celchick wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:41 pm Ukrainians are fighting for freedom and democracy... so let's bomb the shit out of them.

Russian folk of course are living in a democratic paradise.

How come only what the mainstream media reports is suspicious but the other sources are just so trustworthy?
Windex

Post by Windex »

The Russians will run out of ammo and other supplies in the next 2 days and their forces are abandoning positions and deserting in huge numbers. - western media today reporting in one sentence.

Interesting from a Former United Nations Weapons Inspector, former Marine Corps Intelligence Officer, author, analyst.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Windex wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:59 pm Interesting from a Former United Nations Weapons Inspector, former Marine Corps Intelligence Officer, author, analyst.
I suppose a convicted (violent) sex offender would know about the nitty grittiness of compliance with the law, or not. :roll: Any chance you can link to his description of how the Russians' most barbaric actions (as reported) are so assiduously legal?

As to your "run out in 2 days" comment - that's the same kind of argument that was (and still is) used by Brexiters: attribute an exaggerated statement to the other side, then bang on about how things didn't turn out as forecast. Funnily enough, though, there's ample evidence that a good number of Russian divisions have already run out of food, fuel and ammunition, so what point are you trying to make?
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

Mountain wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:59 pm I see a Russian news agency reported almost 10,000 Russian soldiers dead and 15,000 injured. They then deleted it and said they were hacked. But it would seem that across the board the consensus is that their losses are substantial.

So far it looks rather disastrous, so clearly Russia has switched to civilians which might see resistance weaken.
The Ukranians are shelling themselves...from Russian positions, devious little devils
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I remember when Scott Ritter the leading weapons inspector on the planet was hailed as the guy who was going to hunt down the weapons of mass destruction that saddam had hidden away that was going to kill us all. He was treated as a hero and interviewed on every media outlet. As long as he was singing the narrative, he was god. The second he questioned the narrative and could not find any WMD's, he fell from grace.

He is an expert in his field, and proved right in saying there were no WMD's. No matter what he has done now, which was disgusting, he remains an expert and thats why he was tasked to find non existing weapons.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ukrainian ambassador rambling away on "The Last Shoulder" this evening and making all sorts of nonsensical claims such as 76% of Russians think that Russia should invade Poland next. Nearly as mad a claim as some made by a former poster here. As far as she is concerned "no fly zone" now and bring on World War III. - quite how this would help the Ukraine is beyond me.
'no more blah blah blah'
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:17 pm Ukrainian ambassador rambling away on "The Last Shoulder" this evening and making all sorts of nonsensical claims such as 76% of Russians think that Russia should invade Poland next. Nearly as mad a claim as some made by a former poster here. As far as she is concerned "no fly zone" now and bring on World War III. - quite how this would help the Ukraine is beyond me.
What makes you think the claim is mad?

A few weeks ago you probably would have said the idea of Putin invading ukraine was mad. :lol:
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Banshee Bones wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:41 pm What makes you think the claim is mad?

A few weeks ago you probably would have said the idea of Putin invading ukraine was mad. :lol:
I always thought he was going to invade Ukraine just not the entire country. If he attempts to invade any NATO country it is insanity as all-out war between NATO and Russia will follow. It just depends on how deranged the man is. I am intrigued as to why you think the situation is remotely amusing?
'no more blah blah blah'
Windex

Post by Windex »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:55 pm I always thought he was going to invade Ukraine just not the entire country. If he attempts to invade any NATO country it is insanity as all-out war between NATO and Russia will follow. It just depends on how deranged the man is. I am intrigued as to why you think the situation is remotely amusing?
Big day today, the NATO summit, Poland pushing hard to put boots on the ground in the form of "peace keepers", yesterday USA stated no US boots on ground but would support any NATO country doing such, meanwhile Russia states any third country puts boots on Ukrainian ground, they are now at war with Russia, NATO status be damned.
The fantasists might just get the Russian NATO war they are diamond hard for in the next few days.
Now don't forget, Ireland has made some seriously stupid moves as a supposedly neutral country, and the entire east coast region is within cruise missile range from Kaliningrad, be careful what you wish for.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Windex wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:02 pm Big day today, the NATO summit, Poland pushing hard to put boots on the ground in the form of "peace keepers", yesterday USA stated no US boots on ground but would support any NATO country doing such, meanwhile Russia states any third country puts boots on Ukrainian ground, they are now at war with Russia, NATO status be damned.
The fantasists might just get the Russian NATO war they are diamond hard for in the next few days.
Now don't forget, Ireland has made some seriously stupid moves as a supposedly neutral country, and the entire east coast region is within cruise missile range from Kaliningrad, be careful what you wish for.

I really don't where you're coming from except that you're obviously some sort of idiot who gets off on pretending to be an expert on World affairs when you're nothing more than a sorry internet troll with no life.
'no more blah blah blah'
simone
Location: remember me in the months ahead, and how i was correct

Post by simone »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:56 pm I really don't where you're coming from except that you're obviously some sort of idiot who gets off on pretending to be an expert on World affairs when you're nothing more than a sorry internet troll with no life.
I was hoping for a more balanced discussion over here, as boards is now home to countless Rambo's itching for all out war but alas seems we have plenty of delusion over here as well
I will guess you dont know any Polish people?
Yesterday they where very concerned about black smoke rising from the Russian embassy in Poland, days before the Ukrainian invasion the Russian embassy there was burning documents, is the same happening in Poland?
Then from earlier in the week this had them deeply concerned.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/po ... 022-03-15/

Another thing you may not be aware of is when the Polish phone home, they tell me everyone is fearful of a Russian attack, and that petrol stations are hit and miss as to if they will have fuel.
Ignorance is bliss I suppose, right up until reality hits.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

simone wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:00 pm I was hoping for a more balanced discussion over here, as boards is now home to countless Rambo's itching for all out war but alas seems we have plenty of delusion over here as well
I will guess you dont know any Polish people?
Yesterday they where very concerned about black smoke rising from the Russian embassy in Poland, days before the Ukrainian invasion the Russian embassy there was burning documents, is the same happening in Poland?
Then from earlier in the week this had them deeply concerned.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/po ... 022-03-15/

Another thing you may not be aware of is when the Polish phone home, they tell me everyone is fearful of a Russian attack, and that petrol stations are hit and miss as to if they will have fuel.
Ignorance is bliss I suppose, right up until reality hits.
You're quite right, I don't know any Polish/Russian or Ukrainian people and have no affinity with them. That piece from Reuters you linked to only heightens my concern that Poland is stirring things up and given their previous experience with the old Soviet Union you would think that they would be trying to calm things down rather than inflame them. In what way am I being deluded?
'no more blah blah blah'
simone
Location: remember me in the months ahead, and how i was correct

Post by simone »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:49 pm You're quite right, I don't know any Polish/Russian or Ukrainian people and have no affinity with them. That piece from Reuters you linked to only heightens my concern that Poland is stirring things up and given their previous experience with the old Soviet Union you would think that they would be trying to calm things down rather than inflame them. In what way am I being deluded?
You admit you don’t know any Poles, a poster informs you about Poland wanting to put peace keepers in Ukraine and you can them a troll.
Just because you don’t know something, and someone brings you up to speed, how does that make them a troll?
Anyway you won’t see it on the news and I only know as it has effected my job but truck drivers have been on strike in Italy and Spain over fuel costs. Nothing on the news about it, the public will notice price rises when shopping very soon, does sharing this news make me a troll?
The cost of imports has been rising since the beginning of the year and the war has only increased costs, honestly people should be hoping for a quick resolution to the war, if that’s a Russian victory so be it, as the longer it goes on the more prices will rise to crazy levels.
The news get over here is very different from Poland, Italy and Spain, just to name three countries, but we are all interconnected and should really be paying attention to what is happening as it will effect us one way or another.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

simone wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:09 pm You admit you don’t know any Poles, a poster informs you about Poland wanting to put peace keepers in Ukraine and you can them a troll.
Just because you don’t know something, and someone brings you up to speed, how does that make them a troll?
Anyway you won’t see it on the news and I only know as it has effected my job but truck drivers have been on strike in Italy and Spain over fuel costs. Nothing on the news about it, the public will notice price rises when shopping very soon, does sharing this news make me a troll?
The cost of imports has been rising since the beginning of the year and the war has only increased costs, honestly people should be hoping for a quick resolution to the war, if that’s a Russian victory so be it, as the longer it goes on the more prices will rise to crazy levels.
The news get over here is very different from Poland, Italy and Spain, just to name three countries, but we are all interconnected and should really be paying attention to what is happening as it will effect us one way or another.
Can you point to where I accused you of being a troll?
'no more blah blah blah'
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:01 pm Can you point to where I accused you of being a troll?
He's referring to his previous account earlier today. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Del.Monte wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:56 pm I really don't where you're coming from except that you're obviously some sort of idiot who gets off on pretending to be an expert on World affairs when you're nothing more than a sorry internet troll with no life.

simone wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:09 pm Anyway you won’t see it on the news but...
Your usual MO. Has anything you've predicted over the last several months come to light? I don't think so, in fact, I think it's usually the opposite.
Last edited by Scotty on Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

@ Scotty

The only thing that I predicted ( actually what I said was "'I'd say an invasion is unlikely but if it does happen the West should stay well clear - it's Russia's back yard.") not a prediction but a feeling. Surprisingly, unlike a few on here, I don't claim to know what's going in Putin's brain and I don't revel in trying to be clever or delight in whooping up war rhetoric. I worry about the situation and find it affecting my day to day decisions. Anyway, you enjoy yourself working on my MO or whatever turns you on. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:08 pm @ Scotty

The only thing that I predicted ( actually what I said was "'I'd say an invasion is unlikely but if it does happen the West should stay well clear - it's Russia's back yard.") not a prediction but a feeling. Surprisingly, unlike a few on here, I don't claim to know what's going in Putin's brain and I don't revel in trying to be clever or delight in whooping up war rhetoric. I worry about the situation and find it affecting my day to day decisions. Anyway, you enjoy yourself working on my MO or whatever turns you on. :mrgreen:
DelMonte, the last part of my post was aimed at Simone (aka samson, arbella, baddabing, notthatdevnull, windex, etc). I had a load of space between your quote and his to make that clear but the software cut it all when I posted. I should have separated it into two posts but....
Last edited by Scotty on Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

@Scotty - you may have missed the mod note about ignoring a poster if your not prepared to debate/discuss/refute etc their points.
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Trump is a balanced voice of reason, therefore Ukraine bad = Russia good. The cognitive dissonance that goes on to justify an illegal land grab and indiscriminate killing of thousands. Pre-2016: "Those commie bastards trying to undermine my religious faith, conservative ideals and the American way of life." Post-2016: "Well if Trump says they're the good guys then a convenient 180 eludes the moral compass of a moron and yeehaw Putin wrestling bears in pathetically staged photo-op is not a cut-price Napoleon with a rampaging inferiority complex about lack of height, virility and waning influence on world affairs.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

Post by 95438756 »

Getting serious boys & girls. Put on your bug pants everybody!

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Biden is getting more dotty by the day. Only the other day he implied that he would respond in kind when asked what his response would be if Russia used chemical weapons. Ever since the White House have been saying he didn't mean that. Incidentally, given that the US is supposed to have got rid of its chemical stocks ....

PS. I would still take a slightly senile Biden over that Trump eejit any day of the week but frightening stuff all the same.
'no more blah blah blah'
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

Oh please Mr Putin ,.the man with the nuclear weapons , please don't look our way, for we are cowards and nothing but cowards, we won't stand against you and your war criminal acts for we want our comfortable and carefree life.
These people are nothing but war criminal appoligists, immoral and if there Irish I don't know how they think they have a soul.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:38 pm Oh please Mr Putin ,.the man with the nuclear weapons , please don't look our way, for we are cowards and nothing but cowards, we won't stand against you and your war criminal acts for we want our comfortable and carefree life.
These people are nothing but war criminal appoligists, immoral and if there Irish I don't know how they think they have a soul.
You're all mouth, why don't you go and join the Ukrainian Legion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internati ... of_Ukraine and if you survive you can go on "Liveline" when you get back and tell us about your heroic deeds.
'no more blah blah blah'
JONJO THE MISER

<SNIP> - Please remember not to be a dick
JONJO THE MISER

Russian attacking western Ukraine now, who would have thought any different except the Putin lovin posters here, Russia will ratchet up again and again and again until we take them down.
Every poster here that says don't intervene has the blood of innocent people in there hands, shameful immoral war criminal Putin appoligists, simple as that.