Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Prepping For Inflation

News, geopolitics, impact, consequences etc from the Ukraine Russia conflict
simone
Location: remember me in the months ahead, and how i was correct

Re: Prepping For Inflation

Post by simone »

Ethics of cooking oil are a topic for another thread, the fact is the price will rise drastically for all edible oil, Del.Monte might think it wont effect him, he will find out soon, it is in many items of food stuff we consume.
Stock up now, it is long life and you will use it in the future.
46a

Post by 46a »

Trouble ahead is a dead cert AFAIC, you can see the prices increases yourself when you go shopping.

Martin Lewis warns of RIOTS amid cost of living crisis as police chief predicts crime will soar as desperate public try to feed themselves
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... risis.html
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

If you're relying on a rag like The Daily Mail for your information....... :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
46a

Post by 46a »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:55 pm If you're relying on a rag like The Daily Mail for your information....... :roll:
Look closer🤪

Source: International Food Policy Research Institute

UK Retail Prices Index, as of April 2022, over past year
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:55 pm If you're relying on a rag like The Daily Mail for your information....... :roll:
The governor of the Bank of England warned this week of ‘apocalyptic’ food prices :o
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61469532
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I suppose it comes from having lived in a semi-permanent state of recession since the early 1990's it all passes me by and I see little point in hyping things up the way the media - and certain posters here - seem to delight in doing. We'll get through it like we always do unless the Russian nut job kills all life on the planet. Apocalyptic................. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Isn’t it a recession and inflation at the same time, stagnation I saw it called. We haven’t seen inflation this high since 1984 and it’s only going in one direction. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!