Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

The tactics

News, geopolitics, impact, consequences etc from the Ukraine Russia conflict
Scotty

Re: The tactics

Post by Scotty »

NotThatDevnull wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:40 pm Watch the the following video from about 3:30 and you will never think of the BBC as impartial ever again.

"Don't believe what the BBC are telling you, watch this Tiktoc video to find out why... ". Priceless!!

When are the tickets for your live show going on sale?

Post by 316670 »

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:14 pm "Don't believe what the BBC are telling you, watch this Tiktoc video to find out why... ". Priceless!!

When are the tickets for your live show going on sale?
Read it and see, official BBC website. the BBC is not bound by any laws to tell the truth on the BBC world wide service, its funded and under the oversight of the Foreign Secretary, in other words a propaganda arm of the UK government.
I understand it can be difficult to accept you have been played like a fiddle for years, but trying to ignore reality will only make it worse for you when the penny finally drops and it can no longer be ignored.
https://www.bbc.com/aboutthebbc/governance/regulation

Post by 316670 »

Mountain wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:12 pm You're being a dick again.

Please stop being a dick. In. Every. Post.
Are you Ok sweetie?
Get informed
Once informed you will see im not being a dick
I back up all i post with proof , more than many around here
you will see i was being helpful.

You would be much better of not trying to chase "up votes" wanting to be on "the right side of history".
You post about taking in a refugee
We all know that wont happen, but you get a few "up votes" and a warm a fuzzy feeling
If you do actually take in a refugee(1 in a million chance) post proof and i will delete account and you will never have to worry about me again.

Post by 490808 »

NotThatDevnull wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:39 pm Read it and see, official BBC website. the BBC is not bound by any laws to tell the truth on the BBC world wide service, its funded and under the oversight of the Foreign Secretary, in other words a propaganda arm of the UK government.
I understand it can be difficult to accept you have been played like a fiddle for years, but trying to ignore reality will only make it worse for you when the penny finally drops and it can no longer be ignored.
https://www.bbc.com/aboutthebbc/governance/regulation
You posted the wrong link :roll: But the link to the Licence for the World Service wouldn't have fitted your remit.
• deliver services that provide audiences with a global perspective on the world, not one
based upon any national or commercial interest;

Post by 316670 »

The Continental Op wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:53 pm You posted the wrong link :roll: But the link to the Licence for the World Service wouldn't have fitted your remit.
Thank you.
If you scrolled down the page and read the relevant part, at least one poster other than myself will have seen in black and white that the BBC world service is not bound by UK law and will face zero consequences for spreading fake news/propaganda and the BBC world service is beholden to the UK Foreign Secretary and his/her objectives, targets and priorities".

Contrary to the feeling of the sensitive few around here, posting a true fact backed up with official sources is not being a dick, it called helping the uninformed become informed, and this is a good thing.
With any luck after becoming aware of this BBC fact, posters here will now take a moment to think about any Ukrainian BBC reports before believing the are 100% true.

Post by 316670 »

Back to tactics, interesting reports coming out of Ukraine from "EX" soldiers from western armies who have gone to Ukraine to put a jolly good spanking on Ivan, its not looking good, years of fighting unconventional warfare against Abdul and Usman(farmers by day, freedom fighter by night) has left these western fighter totally unprepared to fight a conventional war, its been a long time since western troop have face a Artillery barrage, followed by tanks advancing onto the field of battle while covered by air support, and well they just ain't up to it.

One Mercian Regiment veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, dubbed a “British Lion” by one tabloid, travelled to Ukraine to fight the Russian military, but is now back in Kidderminster after narrowly surviving one battle with Putin’s forces. He explained:
Iraq and Afghanistan was totally different. The Russians are a conventional modern army…I’ve never experienced firepower like that, I don’t think anyone of this generation ever has.
- JASON HAIGH

https://unherd.com/thepost/british-sold ... pe-of-war/

Post by 95438756 »

An obvious tactic of the Kremlin is their hot anger and rage at every single way (no matter how small) other countries are acting against the war in Ukraine.
Take the ramming of a lorry against the gates of the Russian Embassy on Orwell road:

The Irish Ambassador in Russia was summoned by the Kremlin to explain this grave insult.

Has the Kremlin anything better to do right now? No: This anger and hot indignation is just another tactic for the Kremlin to use on the "chessboard"
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

NotThatDevnull wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:39 pm The BBC is not bound by any laws to tell the truth...
Neither are you unfortunately.

Not that you'd know it if you saw it.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

NotThatDevnull wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:47 pm You would be much better of not trying to chase "up votes" wanting to be on "the right side of history".
You post about taking in a refugee
We all know that wont happen, but you get a few "up votes" and a warm a fuzzy feeling
If you do actually take in a refugee(1 in a million chance) post proof and i will delete account and you will never have to worry about me again.
Knock it off, if you want people to engage constructively with you, discuss, debate and give you the benefit of the doubt that you are posting in good faith, it will help to extend the same courtesy to others.

Post by 95438756 »

The Russian Army and Navy are Reaching out far & wide for Fresh Resources: Also, read the first comment beneath the video. Very Reassuring.

Post by 316670 »

Mountain wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:37 pm As we near the 4th week of a war that some said would take hours, with Russia completely bogged down and reports of 7,000 Russian soldiers killed and 14,000 injured, Ukraine's defenders inspiring counties around the world, including some of less belligerent ones like Sweden and Canada to pour in military aid, and neutral countries like Ireland reassessing our neutrality, assessments that Ukraine will fight Russia to a standstill, with Russia training artillery on hospitals and theatres, with Russian broadcasters protesting against their own policies, and the economy taking a hammering, it seems Russia could hardly have got it more wrong at so many levels.
-Sources who wish to remain anonymous close to those familiar with the thinking of the President.

Stop watching CNN, the war is won , it just about how many people die unnecessary now, Ukraine is going to be worse off after a peace treaty is agreed than if it agreed to not pursue Nuclear weapons and join NATO before the war.
The media has done a number on the public, "Russia is loosing a Ukrainian victory is imminent"
Check out the maps, look at the size of the battlefield, get some perspective
The Donbas is bigger than all of Ireland

Latest map from the 16th March, the bulk of Ukrainian forces are in that blue blob to the east encircled by Russian forces

Post by 95438756 »

And now, RT's United Kingdom operating licence revoked by OFCOM. Auntie is displeased. ;)

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60791734

Post by 95438756 »

The Russian Forces are no better than the WW 2 German Werhmacht on the Eastern Front:

Post by 95438756 »

And when everything else fails ( in terms of other tactics )...

Post by 95438756 »

Inner circle of Putin,

Colonel Mikhail Mizintsev dubbed 'Butcher of Mariupol

Look him up on YouTube. With looks of the finest James Bond Villain
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

From looking at the BBC, it seems that things are stalling and it's looking more and more like a stalemate.

The one thing I don't understand is why Ukraine don't try to bomb the bridges linking Crimea to Russia to stop the reinforcements. But I'm no expert.....

Post by 95438756 »

The Russians are still fighting the war in terms of the way it was faught in WW 2.
Then, when the Nazis were in retreat, they were DEMORALIZED and DEJECTED. They realized the bullshit nazi propaganda.
Today, Patriots are fighting, and they will fight to the last. They are defending Ukrainian Civilian population. They see themselves going up against forces akin to Sauron's legions of Orcs in Lord of the Rings.

Post by 95438756 »

Putin not just having to rely on the friends in high places - no sir

simone
Location: remember me in the months ahead, and how i was correct

Post by simone »

Its as good as over, how long will the EU support Ukraine as the economy gets worse in the EU day by day? Not long i'd guess
All it took to win was to price gas in Roubles
simone
Location: remember me in the months ahead, and how i was correct

Post by simone »

It’s over already, you just have not realised

Inflation and all the economic problems with it are a certainty, EU and US won’t have any money to give away to Ukraine.

Germany unions have stated 2-3 weeks tops without Russian gas German industrial output grinds to a halt.

Germany and EU choose either economic ruin or buy Russian gas, you work out the rest , start at the petrodollar
quodec

Post by quodec »

The big problem for Germany for the immediate future is - they have no alternative to using Russian gas. Their hands are tied. At least we could head for the turf bogs if the worst comes to the worst ;)
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

quodec wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:47 pm The big problem for Germany for the immediate future is - they have no alternative to using Russian gas. Their hands are tied. At least we could head for the turf bogs if the worst comes to the worst ;)
Trump warned the Germans of exactly this problem in 2018, and they simply laughed and mocked his stupidity in response.