Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Internment of Aliens

News, geopolitics, impact, consequences etc from the Ukraine Russia conflict
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Internment of Aliens

Post by Del.Monte »

Came across this on eBay tonight and it got me thinking.....Assuming we continue to drift into a war between NATO and Russia/China, and that in the unlikely event that it remains limited to conventional weapons, where will we intern all the aliens (Russians, Belarusians, Syrians etc)?
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Internment of Aliens

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:47 pm Image

Came across this on eBay tonight and it got me thinking.....Assuming we continue to drift into a war between NATO and Russia/China, and that in the unlikely event that it remains limited to conventional weapons, where will we intern all the aliens (Russians, Belarusians, Syrians etc)?
Why in the name of god would we be imprisoning innocent people. We dont imprison real criminals for gods sake
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Perhaps we could put them up in holiday homes that the State may seize in Kenmare, West Cork etc. and they thought they were escaping from totalitarian regimes. https://www.newstalk.com/news/governmen ... es-1321606 :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:25 am Perhaps we could put them up in holiday homes that the State may seize in Kenmare, West Cork etc. and they thought they were escaping from totalitarian regimes. https://www.newstalk.com/news/governmen ... es-1321606 :mrgreen:
Jaysus I might put me name down, I love Kenmare its a special place. ;)
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Sure all they’ll end up doing is paying 1.5x the going rate for apartments and houses from vulture funds or developers, as usual.

A country full of taxpayers will pay for it one way or the other so no way some scumbag crooks won’t may hay while the sun shines.

I’m 100% in favour of giving every possible support to Ukranians by the way. Just know that once there’s a politician and a developer or fund manager in the mix, the Irish taxpayer’s about to get a dry ride when we try to do the tight thing. It’s the way it works it would appear.