Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Should Ireland sell or give a county to Ukraine?

News, geopolitics, impact, consequences etc from the Ukraine Russia conflict
Mirabeau

Re: Should Ireland sell or give a county to Ukraine?

Post by Mirabeau »

Ukraine should give us land.
They owe us big time.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Mirabeau wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:10 pm Ukraine should give us land.
They owe us big time.
We’d just sell it to some fund management company in the UK.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

They aren’t happy now in hotels with the food options. Bunch of gimmigrants it’s give me and give me attitude.
Free board, full dole etc and now this crock of shit.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:41 pm They aren’t happy now in hotels with the food options. Bunch of gimmigrants it’s give me and give me attitude.
When looking up this story(found in the Irish times) I see we now have a department of integration. What a mammoth task they have ahead of them.

Don’t understand exactly how this becomes a national story and a brush to paint all Ukrainians with when this is just one hotel and it’s about yoghurts and fruit. https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2023 ... over-food/
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

knownunknown wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:51 am We’d just sell it to some fund management company in the UK.
Deflections aside, Ukraine owe us big time.
They put us under massive pressure and are ungrateful.
Send them all back.
Jack The Stripper

knownunknown wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:53 pm When looking up this story(found in the Irish times) I see we now have a department of integration. What a mammoth task they have ahead of them.

Don’t understand exactly how this becomes a national story and a brush to paint all Ukrainians with when this is just one hotel and it’s about yoghurts and fruit. https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2023 ... over-food/
The wef control the government, my pet dog may as well be the department of integration. Is everyone one here clueless?
Jack The Stripper

Mirabeau wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:28 pm Deflections aside, Ukraine owe us big time.
Send them all back.
For sure back to Poland, Bulgaria etc. Fakeugees getting free council houses now this year. They will be up €400k with their free house and all the entitlements they have stolen from us.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Mirabeau wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:28 pm Deflections aside, Ukraine owe us big time.
Send them all back.
Jack The Stripper wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:41 pm They aren’t happy now in hotels with the food options. Bunch of gimmigrants it’s give me and give me attitude.
In a strange way, it's great to see this stuff written so plainly.

There's no need to read between the lines to understand what you're looking at.

What I'm looking at is some truly disgusting attitudes being exhibited by the worst part of a small part of Irish society.
Jack The Stripper

JayZeus wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:01 pm In a strange way, it's great to see this stuff written so plainly.

What I'm looking at is some truly disgusting attitudes being exhibited by the worst part of a small part of Irish society.
You will perish on that hill alone when ye finish eating bits off each other, but carry on.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:05 pm You will perish on that hill alone when ye finish eating bits off each other, but carry on.
Eh, what?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

JayZeus wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:07 pmEh, what?
I didn’t understand this one either,
Jack The Stripper wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:56 pm
The wef control the government, my pet dog may as well be the department of integration. Is everyone one here clueless?
Jack The Stripper

knownunknown wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:13 pm I didn’t understand this one either,
How are the lads in the migrant camp getting on?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:57 pm How are the lads in the migrant camp getting on?
All the lads in all the migrant camps? The same I’m sure.
Jack The Stripper

knownunknown wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:46 pm All the lads in all the migrant camps? The same I’m sure.
How do you know that?
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

JayZeus wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:01 pm In a strange way, it's great to see this stuff written so plainly.

Spare me your pathos.
The majority have concerns about immigration but know they will be called racist by the new church.
Concerned about your own people - racist
Ask about the rate of immigration - racist
Ask about what sort of person is coming in - racist
Wondering about what impact a crowd of unknowns will have on your area - racist

I'm sick of it and don't care what some middle-class wannabe vomits out their puckered holes.

We owe them nothing.
They owe us.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Spare me the vitriolic rant.

Middle class wannabe? LOL.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Send them all back.
They just entered when allowed to do so. Your anger is misplaced it’s the elected officials that are making this happen.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:59 pm They just entered when allowed to do so. Your anger is misplaced it’s the elected officials that are making this happen.
It takes two sides.

It takes the chancers, the criminals, the scum from other countries that will eventually show their true stripes when they attack someone, when they kill someone, when they rape some girl or woman (and before the holy than thou liberal ar**holes pipe up - yes there have been savage murders, rapes and sexual assaults carried out by Eritreans, Egyptian, Albanian) on one side.

And yes it takes the government, the politicians, the refugee industry insiders, the blattering media types, the celebs who want their likes on twitter and the morons who support this shytology.
Quislings the fooking lot of them.

You angle is like saying it is the persons fault for not padlocking the window and they deserved to be robbed.
And if you really want to throw a hand grenade into the debate what you are saying is akin to laying blame on a woman for being raped.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

jmayo wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:23 pm It takes two sides.

It takes the chancers, the criminals, the scum from other countries that will eventually show their true stripes when they attack someone, when they kill someone, when they rape some girl or woman (and before the holy than thou liberal ar**holes pipe up - yes there have been savage murders, rapes and sexual assaults carried out by Eritreans, Egyptian, Albanian) on one side.

And yes it takes the government, the politicians, the refugee industry insiders, the blattering media types, the celebs who want their likes on twitter and the morons who support this shytology.
Quislings the fooking lot of them.

You angle is like saying it is the persons fault for not padlocking the window and they deserved to be robbed.
And if you really want to throw a hand grenade into the debate what you are saying is akin to laying blame on a woman for being raped.
I was replying to someone who said to send the Ukrainians back because ‘they owe us’. They owe us nothing because those NGOs and politicians have already profited or will profit in the future with some guaranteed cushy job. The idea is that the immigrants will be paying our pensions down the line but if society fractures along some identity lines then at what cost.

Very few people have a problem with controlled immigration in fact the majority are in support of it. It’s the sheer scale of it that is the problem. The problems we experience are economic, not enough housing, healthcare, services, schools, etc.. we don’t have a problem of rape gangs etc.. thank god. Hopefully it remains this way.

The ordinary citizen has no say on the amount of immigration so the analogy to the woman being raped is a bad one. It might be better to say the father of an underage girl is to blame if he allows her out in the middle of the night. He was the one that was responsible for her, like our leaders are supposed to be for us citizens.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:59 pm They just entered when allowed to do so. Your anger is misplaced it’s the elected officials that are making this happen.
I'm not angry so you can project that somewhere else and the elected officials comment is a cop out.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I'm more concerned about the clash of cultures than anything else and the way it leads to ghettoisation. Ireland is a white, Christian country culturally and, while we have become more liberal and secular since the influence of the RCC waned, we still maintain a white Christian mentality.
I have noticed, in recent years, that ghettoes are beginning to appear in parts of Dublin, i.e. Muslims around the SC road, Orientals around Parnell St, and Blacks around parts of Tallaght and Blanchardstown. This is almost a mirror of what I witnessed in the Uk from the 1960s onwards in parts of London and Birmingham, and look where they are now.
Ukrainians are also a white Christian society culturally and while a lot of the people from the Balkans still have the siege mentality of the Russian occupation, they will probably adapt and integrate more easily, as the Poles have done.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

marhay70 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:16 pm I'm more concerned about the clash of cultures than anything else and the way it leads to ghettoisation. Ireland is a white, Christian country culturally and, while we have become more liberal and secular since the influence of the RCC waned, we still maintain a white Christian mentality.
I have noticed, in recent years, that ghettoes are beginning to appear in parts of Dublin, i.e. Muslims around the SC road, Orientals around Parnell St, and Blacks around parts of Tallaght and Blanchardstown. This is almost a mirror of what I witnessed in the Uk from the 1960s onwards in parts of London and Birmingham, and look where they are now.
Ukrainians are also a white Christian society culturally and while a lot of the people from the Balkans still have the siege mentality of the Russian occupation, they will probably adapt and integrate more easily, as the Poles have done.
What is a white mentality? I can understand a Christian mentality, led by beliefs and values but please explain this one.

I’d agree with this though, “ I'm more concerned about the clash of cultures than anything else and the way it leads to ghettoisation.”
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:57 pm What is a white mentality? I can understand a Christian mentality, led by beliefs and values but please explain this one.

I’d agree with this though, “ I'm more concerned about the clash of cultures than anything else and the way it leads to ghettoisation.”
Yes, European Christian would probably have been a better term, rooted in old Europe.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

marhay70 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:16 pm Yes, European Christian would probably have been a better term, rooted in old Europe.
Even European Christians had their fair share of spilled blood. Just look at the troubles in the north.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:43 pm Even European Christians had their fair share of spilled blood. Just look at the troubles in the north.
I didn't say the culture was devoid of bloodletting and conflict, in fact, I'd say it's very much part of it.