Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Woke Hypocrisy

The burning issues of the day
DeletedUser

Woke Hypocrisy

Post by DeletedUser »

Just had the misfortune to see an advert for Plan International about how you should pony up a fiver a month as young girls are being trafficked for sex, forced into marriage with older men and at risk of FGM.

All true, all vile and should be stopped.

What bugs me is these very earnest and worthy people are the very same ones who believe the scum who perpetrate these crimes immediately stop cold the second they get off the boat!!!

I’m not sure if it’s simple cognitive dissonance or pure hypocrisy and this point but it would be laughable we’re it not for the ruined lives they are leaving behind.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
knownunknown

Re: Woke Hypocrisy

Post by knownunknown »

Mountain wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:19 pm We can hardly blame immigrants for child abuse when of course historically we are world leaders at it. And we sent plenty of abusers to Africa and around the world as missionaries.
Agreed.

Woke hypocrisy would more be Chris Cuomo leaving CNN quietly for helping his brother cover up sexual abuse or three other producers involved in child grooming and exploitation, 2 in the last month alone. CNN the instigators of woke won’t even call out this abhorrent behaviour.

Or how about recently where the US women’s soccer team renewed the ‘discriminatory contract’ they have been fighting tooth and nail in the courts over for years. They rejected an identical contract to the men. Both men and women would have made more money under the other’s collective bargaining agreement. The women opted for guarantees, the men for performance bonus’. The USWNT want both.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

You know it is possible to help protect people from abuse and also welcome immigrants. I say that as someone very much against mass immigration.
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

2u2me wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:29 pm Agreed.

Woke hypocrisy would more be Chris Cuomo leaving CNN quietly for helping his brother cover up sexual abuse or three other producers involved in child grooming and exploitation, 2 in the last month alone. CNN the instigators of woke won’t even call out this abhorrent behaviour.
And of course none of this will ever be mentioned by RTE and there love struck fascination with CNN.
Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori »

Mountain wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:19 pm We can hardly blame immigrants for child abuse when of course historically we are world leaders at it. And we sent plenty of abusers to Africa and around the world as missionaries.
Less of the self-flagellation. "Historically we are world leaders" - nonsense.

Expanding beyond your flippant remark, even if the underlying treatise was correct, the implication is rather disturbing. So Irish people have committed child abuse so we "can hardly blame" immigrants who commit child abuse for doing so!?
Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:56 pm And of course none of this will ever be mentioned by RTE and there love struck fascination with CNN.
Sure we get a whole documentary cause some lad from Kerry works for CNN. Somehow I doubt if he was a roving reporter for Fox he would get the same treatment. Of course, neither should.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

These woke morons are the very same people who will scream "civil liberties" and "racism" when these sickos are handed their just desserts, whatever form that might take.
Samson

Post by Samson »

Black people cant be racist, only White people and possibly Asians depending on who they are.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

'no more blah blah blah'
Samson

Post by Samson »

You asked for woke hypocrisy, where given a perfect example that is woke orthodox thinking and somehow you made it into me being a right wing racist. Me thinks you have drank deeply of the woke kool aid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Samson wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:10 pm Black people cant be racist, only White people and possibly Asians depending on who they are.
So when a horrible African woman called me an ugly white bitch that wasn’t racism ?

When I overheard Ebun Joseph saying she thought white hair was always ugly, that wasn’t racism??

But surely the black mob outside a supermarket shouting “die you white bastards!!” - racism yeah ??

Pathetic you think not.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

Mountain wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:39 pm :D :D

Anyone else want to blurt out some right wing statement, this is the thread for it.
Do you think black people are incapable of racism?
Samson

Post by Samson »

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

And once again we are thankful for the "foes" list....

Peace perfect peace...

Post by 316670 »

Its a contender for worst of the year and we are only in March.
FACEBOOK ALLOWS PRAISE OF NEO-NAZI UKRAINIAN BATTALION IF IT FIGHTS RUSSIAN INVASION
https://theintercept.com/2022/02/24/ukr ... -russia/

Post by 316670 »

Its ok when we are doing the banning, but not if anyone else is doing the banning.
The current state of media in the west is summed perfectly with this quote
“We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying.” - Solzhenitsyn
Frank

Post by Frank »

They coined the term for themselves originally.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Mountain wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:55 am Old right wing types regard it as an insult.

Amongst 20 and 30 somethings it seems to be almost always a compliment.
In my case, old right wing monarchist, and I despise any person I perceive to be 'woke' be it in the media or in everyday life. In the same way I have contempt for people who adopt the latest bs-speak 'going forward', 'reaching out' 'get go'....etc. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Mountain wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:55 am Old right wing types regard it as an insult.

Amongst 20 and 30 somethings it seems to be almost always a compliment.
I don't think it's as simple as that, in fact it's far more nuanced. My sons are aged between 20 and 30. None of them would claim to be woke and find many of the markers of wokeness to be laughable. They're well educated IT professionals and bombarded with Diversity and Inclusion training - none of which appears to have any success in convincing them that only white and asian folks can be racist for example.

Similarly, I know more than a few 50 somethings, like myself, who claim to be woke and certainly espouse some of the credo along with lashings of cultural relativism. My wife is a mental health professional and can regularly pinpoint the cognitive biases that she observes, which is very enlightening when trying to navigate through some of the debates.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Cyclepath wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:28 pm I don't think it's as simple as that, in fact it's far more nuanced. My sons are aged between 20 and 30. None of them would claim to be woke and find many of the markers of wokeness to be laughable. They're well educated IT professionals and bombarded with Diversity and Inclusion training - none of which appears to have any success in convincing them that only white and asian folks can be racist for example.

Similarly, I know more than a few 50 somethings, like myself, who claim to be woke and certainly espouse some of the credo along with lashings of cultural relativism. My wife is a mental health professional and can regularly pinpoint the cognitive biases that she observes, which is very enlightening when trying to navigate through some of the debates.
Far too rational a post for me to understand but thanks. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Cyclepath wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:28 pm I don't think it's as simple as that, in fact it's far more nuanced. My sons are aged between 20 and 30. None of them would claim to be woke and find many of the markers of wokeness to be laughable. They're well educated IT professionals and bombarded with Diversity and Inclusion training - none of which appears to have any success in convincing them that only white and asian folks can be racist for example.

Mirrors my experience. In fact my lads, groovy chaps in their 20s and 30s who are very modern and international etc, mercilessly take the piss out of po-faced wokery. And the cognitive biases are really something else to behold. EG male ''feminists'' who vocally ''fight'' for the rights of trans women to compete in female sports - get up the yard, yiz fecken gobshytes.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Mountain wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:41 pm Do they regard that belief as some cornerstone of wokeness? I can't say I've heard anyone I'd regard as pretty woke argue it.
Oh c'mon, seriously? Maybe you've your own definition of woke but that's one of the cornerstones!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Celchick wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:10 pm Oh Isha, do you remember on the other forum someone said "cis women and trans women are each a subset of women"?! I was flabbergasted. A... "subset". Good heavens.
I remember it all...just in case anyone thinks I don't :lol:

I also see how over the intervening time so many things we argued have come true - Sweden and many other countries are moving completely away from medicalising children and acknowledging the irreversible harms that have been done to so many. Remember we were lectured about being pearl clutchers who thought we knew more than doctors who definitely knew best? :roll:

And more and more male bodies have ended up in female sports - Lia Thomas just announced a couple of days ago ''I am female '', which made me laugh as a certain someone invented the word transfemale. There are not enough eye rolls in the Universe.
Lia is lauded by so many, and is setting new records for women's college swimming and gathering up all the awards.
Violent sex offenders who say they are women continue to be transferred to female jails.
Wicklow Library could not find a single woman in Wicklow to talk to for upcoming International Woman's Day events and so Sara Phillips who signed the Amnesty letter to disenfranchise women who spoke up will give us all a gentle talk on the womanly state.
It goes on and on, and will go on and on.

I don't bother at the moment to talk about it as I was exhausted and punch drunk from the shyte doled out elsewhere :P But I keep my toe in the water.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Celchick wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:45 pm Earlier I lamented when the woke brotherhood lecture women as to what they should be saying a woman is... but it's worse from fellow women. I mean that feels like betrayal.
It really does.
Many are very young though and ideologically possessed - there was a time when I was young that I was also an absolute utter eegit. I know! You would never guess that now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Mountain wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:25 pm Never heard it. If you look at parties that are dubbed "woke", Labour, the Social Democrats, none of them espouse it. I haven't heard any high profile liberal argue it it eg. a Trudeau or Arderin. Are they not woke?
Yeah I think this does come down to how you define 'woke'. There's an increasing divide between the traditional liberal left and the newer woke left. You mentioned Trudeau who I wouldn't necessarily put in the same camp as Jacinda Ardern. The Canadian government seem to be a little further along the Critical Race Theory path:

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/on ... -materials