Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Jordan Peterson

The burning issues of the day
RandallWeems

Re: Jordan Peterson

Post by RandallWeems »

More young men should be listing to Jordan Peterson. He speaks a lot of sense and calls out the attacks on men and that men are not the bad guys. We should be in charge as alphas and not cowtowing to women or the gay agenda. Men should be men and this man knows how to educate on how tats done.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RandallWeems wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:17 am More young men should be listing to Jordan Peterson. He speaks a lot of sense and calls out the attacks on men and that men are not the bad guys. We should be in charge as alphas and not cowtowing to women or the gay agenda. Men should be men and this man knows how to educate on how tats done.
You're not even good at trolling mate, jog on eh ?

You're not hard enough to even watch Alphas the TV show let alone be one.

Roght incel vibe off this sort.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

I read 12 Rules for Life. It was ok. Some good stuff and some waffle. I think it could be of benefit to certain folk.

I don't mind the man himself. I don't think he's a bad cat and I like that he offers a different, mostly measured, perspective.

However, at times, willfully or no, he can come across as a milder Mr. Bounderby type character.
Its very hard to pull oneself up by the bootstraps if one doesn't have boots in the first place.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

RandallWeems wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:17 am More young men should be listing to Jordan Peterson. He speaks a lot of sense and calls out the attacks on men and that men are not the bad guys. We should be in charge as alphas and not cowtowing to women or the gay agenda. Men should be men and this man knows how to educate on how tats done.
Peterson would likely have stronger criticism to level at your reply here, but suffice to say, you're missing the points he has been making if you believe what you wrote.

Writing as a real world 'real man', permit me to point out that only intellectually lazy men think of themselves or others as 'Alphas', or think that kowtowing is something that other men do to any notable extent. As for the 'gay agenda', that's just homophobic rhetoric for equally ignorant and narrow minded simpletons.

Men should be men alright, developing their own thoughts based on their conscience and principles, with compassion and strength in equal measure. You should give it a go sometime yourself, as following any other mans dogma will only prevent you from being a man of any particular worth to society at large.

Post by 6456739 »

Mirabeau wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:44 pm I read 12 Rules for Life. It was ok. Some good stuff and some waffle. I think it could be of benefit to certain folk.

I don't mind the man himself. I don't think he's a bad cat and I like that he offers a different, mostly measured, perspective.

However, at times, willfully or no, he can come across as a milder Mr. Bounderby type character.
Its very hard to pull oneself up by the bootstraps if one doesn't have boots in the first place.
I found 12 Rules fairly harmless to be honest. God, it feels like so long ago when it came out. I remember seeing ads for it at my local tube station.

It's a mix of Grandad advice, some ramblings about Jesus and Peterson's political stuff. He's clearly a conservative and that's perfectly fine. I just dislike the pretending to be neither right nor left while exclusively criticising the left.

He's now firmly positioned himself on the right side of most, if not all cultural debates as far as I can tell. I've noticed that he contradicts himself a lot more now as a result.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

To liken the culture war to the war in Ukraine, only one side is the aggressor, the other side is defending themselves. Only one side is pushing radical new ideas and pretending it’s always been this way.

Peterson was defending against the introduction of bill c-16 in Canada which out him on the map. Compelled pronoun and identity politics nonsense. Only one side is pushing this, they should be called the culture war aggressors.

Post by 6456739 »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:43 pm To liken the culture war to the war in Ukraine, only one side is the aggressor, the other side is defending themselves. Only one side is pushing radical new ideas and pretending it’s always been this way.

Peterson was defending against the introduction of bill c-16 in Canada which out him on the map. Compelled pronoun and identity politics nonsense. Only one side is pushing this, they should be called the culture war aggressors.
This simply isn't true.

Peterson's been grifting for a while now, pushing climate denial and other nonsense. The comparison with Ukraine is only valid in that the modern American right is openly fascist.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

ancapailldorcha wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:02 pm This simply isn't true.

Peterson's been grifting for a while now, pushing climate denial and other nonsense. The comparison with Ukraine is only valid in that the modern American right is openly fascist.
I can remember watching the videos in 2016 about the bill c16 to do with pronouns and gender identity. This is indeed what put him on the map. If you have evidence of his grifting before this please post it up. He was catapulted directly into the middle of the culture war by those pushing an extreme ideology; gender identity and transgenderism.

Here was his most early and famous video from that time.

Here is a list of his videos from his YouTube channel, you’ll note that none of his videos prior to this were about climate denial or other (culture war* sic) nonsense. https://m.youtube.com/c/JordanPetersonV ... &flow=list

Post by 6456739 »

I don't give a toss what he says. That's not proof of anything.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Post by 6456739 »

No proof. As expected.

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:24 am Image
Amateur hour trolling at best tbh mate!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

MOD NOTE: there are currently two threads being derailed by the same posters with tit for tat nonsense. It's tedious for everybody else. It does appear that you guys don't get on, please try to ignore each other.
Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori »

Interesting enough appearance on Joe Rogan
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Memento Mori wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:43 pm Interesting enough appearance on Joe Rogan
Appearance indeed, his suit was off putting! Like the joker or something.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Suit was a bit mad, but my God he fecking NAILED it with the gender bollix and climate change reaction...
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Is this shite put-on for an audience....or is he really demented

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Setanta wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:21 pm Is this shite put-on for an audience....or is he really demented
Up yours, woke moralists!

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I know a lot of yiz aren't fond of Peterson (and I'm fairly ambivalent about him myself) and I know a lot of yiz are fairly committed atheists, so ye won't like how often the Bible or God crops up in this interview, but if you can get past those things (hard ask, I know) this may be the best thing Peterson has ever done with his platform and reach.

This morning on my Twitter feed a weird story cropped up and I took a gander at it. It was about a weird cult called the Finders who were investigated in the 1980s by police in Tallahassee. Totally bizarre stuff with kids and kidnapping and then the charges were all dropped. A conspiracy developed around it and some guy pursued it for years and some FBI documents were declassified in 2019 (I think) and the story was going towards FBI /CIA involvement in child trafficking. At that point I backed out because 1) it's a fkn horrendous thought and 2)so many conspiracies run headlong down that rabbit hole on very flimsy evidence..

Anyway then I saw this. It's not about CIA or FBI. It's about the millions and millions of children who are abused, sex trafficked, killed, harvested, and so on by unimaginably evil people for the use of and entertainment of hundreds of millions of people.

I believe it's true. This guy Tim Ballard rescues them. Jim Cavaziel plays him in a movie just released called The Sound of Freedom. It's mind blowing to think this is real. In fact I think the only way these people can face this monumental evil is because they are so religious. Any of the rest of us would lose our minds in one day confronting this.

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

PS the mainstream newspapers are saying this film is a Q ANON adjacent conspiracy.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

Yeah Peterson can be an absolute prick - and fairly unhinged. That toilet paper thing - wtf. But that doesn't mean he doesn't ever do good work.