Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Burke family, Castlebar

The burning issues of the day
Hairy-Joe

Re: Burke family, Castlebar

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Anyway, back to Burke. Just a random thought. Why does Daddy drop him to the school? Surely he's capable of driving himself?

It's a long trek every morning from Castlebar.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

What is this fella at atall. On one hand I have a sort of admiration for his determination and fight. It's very difficult to make such a stand. On the other hand what is the end point here? They are a fascinating family and I'd love to have a chat with them to get some insight.
Fratello
Verified Username

Post by Fratello »

I love to go camping with them.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

According to RTE he's back in the school this morning.
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 am Anyway, back to Burke. Just a random thought. Why does Daddy drop him to the school? Surely he's capable of driving himself?

It's a long trek every morning from Castlebar.
The man is being spoken about as if he’s a murdering, rapist or something really terrible. Incest has been mentioned on boards along with insulting his pronouns as mammy’s/ boy.

If anyone of us were ever in such a horrible situation you can bet we’d be happy to have the support of a family member. Especially if said family member agrees with us.

These types of comments are vile and mean and there is an 80 page thread on boards full of them. Go knock yourself out.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:00 am According to RTE he's back in the school this morning.
I think his main aim is to cause as much disruption to the school and as much upset to staff and pupils as he can. I can't see what his end game is, he's not winning any friends. He's ended his career by his actions and I'm sure there are substantial legal bills to pay, so apart from self gratification, what else has he to gain?
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:08 pm The man is being spoken about as if he’s a murdering, rapist or something really terrible. Incest has been mentioned on boards along with insulting his pronouns as mammy’s/ boy.

If anyone of us were ever in such a horrible situation you can bet we’d be happy to have the support of a family member. Especially if said family member agrees with us.

These types of comments are vile and mean and there is an 80 page thread on boards full of them. Go knock yourself out.
How is it a vile comment? It's a fair journey twice a day and in today's world, it's VERY unusual to see a country fella who can't drive.

It's a situation of his own making. Read the bloody judgement handed down on his motion to get the school's hearing stopped. The judge basically said that if had copped himself on and obeyed the courts, he would have the school tribunal stopped!

It's something of his own making.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

marhay70 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:11 pm I think his main aim is to cause as much disruption to the school and as much upset to staff and pupils as he can. I can't see what his end game is, he's not winning any friends. He's ended his career by his actions and I'm sure there are substantial legal bills to pay, so apart from self gratification, what else has he to gain?
If that was his main aim he wouldn’t have been sitting quietly in a classroom or by a school gate. This faux concern for the students was no where to be seen when he was suspended and his students were missing their teacher.

He has to gain what all martyrs throughout time thought they stood to gain, a change in the way things are done. You could say Rosa Parks just wanted to cause a disruption or someone like that but that would be ignoring the elephant in the room. It’s propaganda designed to belittle the experience of the person going against the status quo. This has become a national conversation and the most active thread on boards for months. I suppose that’s what he wanted really. Legal costs dwarf in significance as a national issue compared to compelled speech.

a martyr(noun) is someone who chooses to sacrifice their life or face pain and suffering instead of giving up something they hold sacred
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:28 pm How is it a vile comment? It's a fair journey twice a day and in today's world, it's VERY unusual to see a country fella who can't drive.

It's a situation of his own making. Read the bloody judgement handed down on his motion to get the school's hearing stopped. The judge basically said that if had copped himself on and obeyed the courts, he would have the school tribunal stopped!

It's something of his own making.
The judge admitted upon releasing Burke that he was gaining in some way from being imprisoned, which he was by having the national spotlight on the case where otherwise it wouldn’t have been. The judge also admitted that Burke had a strong case against the principal because he lied about him and was therefore bias, but he wasn’t going to address it because of Burke’s actions. It’s like a police officer telling you he’s not going to listen to how you were attacked first and acted in self defence because you attacked back once the fighting started. It’s punitive crap considering Burke was already jailed for breaching the injunction for 3 months.

The pile on this guy is just another one in a long line of people who get treated worse than everyone bar child molesters to which Burke has also been compared.

Anything that goes against the LGBTQI+ lobby receives this same treatment. It’s vitriolic and malicious stuff like attacking the guy for his pronouns and being a ‘mammy’s boy’. The same ones happy to call others terfs and the likes. It shows a level of disdain for their own ideology which is supposed to be about protecting people’s identities. Maybe you are not an adherent to this but I’ve seen many that are throwing this same playground stuff around. Let people choose who they want to be rather then getting labelled by others is what it’s supposed to be about and they attack the guy who stands up to it through his identity and his family. Very trumpesque. It’s a contradiction, an epic failure of showing themselves up to be hypocritical asses.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Top billing on RTE News website - daily fines.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0126/13519 ... rke-court/

Seriously, will he cop on and respect the court. He has a strong case on procedural grounds but he's throwing away any chance.

Post by 95438756 »

^^^ Of course you're meaning that question as a rhetorical question hairy, we all know what Enoch's answer is!
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

BLM protesters never lost their right to protest despite going against the public lockdowns that were a matter of law. Their plight was seen as more important by the media(rte hosted the events) despite the movement being started in a country thousands of miles away where we don’t have the same problem. In a time where everyone was supposed to be at home and Tony Holocaust(weird spell check there, Holohan) said it “ posed a risk to life”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.4569543

They were doing it for the same reason as Burke, for media attention. Something the judge even admitted was benefitting him while in another breath saying it served no purpose.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

According to the 9am news bulletin he's back at the school this morning.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Heh. Imagine if he actually DOES have some billionaire far right white supremacist backer from America and he can afford to do this for the publicity.
0c4.gif
0c4.gif (271.01 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

And if he doesn’t pay the fines, what then? Send him to prison? The place where the judge released him from because he said he was benefitting from the public spotlight.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

I'm convinced he's being bankrolled by some extreme group
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

God be with the days when the parents of 'identity confused' children would have been asked to find another school for their child rather than sacking a teacher that refuses to conform to the pc agenda. The educational authorities have been heading down this road for decades in many respects - forever tinkering with the examination system, removing any disciplinary tools such as corporal punishment without putting any proper alternatives in place and now this.

PS: I don't know anything about Enoch Burke apart from what I have seen and heard in the media, and I am about as far removed from being a Christian fundamentalist as is possible - sure I'm C of I. :mrgreen:

My final post in this thread - in fact I want to be thread banned.
'no more blah blah blah'
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

There's a good feature on the family in today's Independent. I signed up for their premium deal a few months back when they were offering it at €26 for 12 months.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/e ... 16863.html

I presume the paper will be doing follow-up articles about the other participants in this matter.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:16 am
That could be a fun game..
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

How would posters feel if the roles were reversed and all students were compelled to refer to their male German teacher as they, thus acknowledging via use of language that the children have accepted the supposed fact that their teacher is neither male nor female, or is both, or fluidly moves between the biological sexes?

How would posters feel if the students had to refer to their male German teacher as she?

This will happen.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

KHD

Post by KHD »

Del.Monte

Elwood_Blues wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:42 am That could be a fun game..
Ciara Kelly is one of Ireland's greatest broadcasters. :mrgreen:

Post by 95438756 »

I want to be threadbanned:
The only valid issue for me now, which tv series suits Enoch Burke as an stage - extra:

The walking dead
Or
The last of us

Post by 95438756 »

If this thread is locked or closed before any poster being banned first, nobody wins.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:28 pm I want to be threadbanned:
The only valid issue for me now, which tv series suits Enoch Burke as an stage - extra:

The walking dead
Or
The last of us
How about the exorcist? Burke is saying things that offend them (speaks in tongues, using the wrong pronouns) so they assume he’s possessed by the devil and try everything they can to shut him up.