Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Burke family, Castlebar

The burning issues of the day
Verified Username

Re: Burke family, Castlebar

Post by 8760976543 »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:06 pm The rights and wrongs of compelled speech should have made its way to court but the system and the school Jerry rigged it not to.

The initial injunction that burke broke, that saw him jailed, was for what Joe? Something the judge now admits the principal lied about. To ignore this is to stick one’s head in the sand and ignore reality.

If I sought a restraining order against you, and lied about you in my application, and you got suspended from your job because of that, I bet you would think it would be fair to turn up to your workplace to protest that. Just try and put yourself in that situation. You have evidence of my lies but the judge won’t hear it because you tried to stand up for yourself. What a justice system, eh.
He could of stayed away from the school during the injuction and still made his point in the court proceedings.
But no, he acted above the law. He either got poor legal advice or was too stubborn to think this through and now it's impacted his chances.
No sympathy for him really.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:45 pm He could of stayed away from the school during the injuction and still made his point in the court proceedings.
But no, he acted above the law. He either got poor legal advice or was too stubborn to think this through and now it's impacted his chances.
No sympathy for him really.
Peaceful protest is a human right. Unless of course he was doing something else.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:07 pm Peaceful protest is a human right. Unless of course he was doing something else.
You're 100% correct and I never said it wasn't. But he wasn't doing a peaceful protest, he violated an injuction.
If he wanted to do a peaceful protest he could of done it outside the school grounds..
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Burke's concept of justice was in evident at the school hearing, with the shouting, intimidation, interrupting, etc.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:59 pm You're 100% correct and I never said it wasn't. But he wasn't doing a peaceful protest, he violated an injuction.
If he wanted to do a peaceful protest he could of done it outside the school grounds..
There was a whole movement in the US about BLM, largely came about because Colin Kaepernick wanted to take the knee or peaceful protest during the national anthem. He could have just done it outside of the national anthem but that’s the time he chose for his protest because it would bring about the most attention. This seemed to be a position supported by many at the time.

The only condition for peaceful protest is that it is peaceful, doesn’t matter where or when it is.

On another point I see burke is getting slated on boards for wanting to be reinstated in his job and do what is right more than wanting money. There was a time when this was called character, integrity. Those guys usually slate people for being ‘grifters’ you can see that they just like attacking people for disagreeing with them.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

“ I feared we would forget Colin Kaepernick’s(Enoch Burke’s) great contribution was providing a method of struggle for athletes(teachers) fed up with police brutality (LGBT activism) and racial inequality(wokeism)”

Zirin says. “He provided a key that someone as an individual could start a conversation in their community and start to organise for change as an athlete(teacher).”

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... -1.4673927
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

knownunknown wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:37 pm There was a whole movement in the US about BLM, largely came about because Colin Kaepernick wanted to take the knee or peaceful protest during the national anthem. He could have just done it outside of the national anthem but that’s the time he chose for his protest because it would bring about the most attention. This seemed to be a position supported by many at the time.

The only condition for peaceful protest is that it is peaceful, doesn’t matter where or when it is.

On another point I see burke is getting slated on boards for wanting to be reinstated in his job and do what is right more than wanting money. There was a time when this was called character, integrity. Those guys usually slate people for being ‘grifters’ you can see that they just like attacking people for disagreeing with them.
Colin didn't have an injuction against him. You're stretching a bit..
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:56 pm Colin didn't have an injuction against him. You're stretching a bit..
Colin’s employer told him he wasn’t allowed to kneel during the anthem, he did it anyway as a form of protest. Trump among other people tried to force him not to. It was all political.

Burke was told not to attend the school because he wouldn’t agree with compelled speech, he did it anyway as a form of protest. The court tried to force him not to and even punitively punished him for doing so…. A court. A joke of a court. All political.

Burke may be the first be he won’t be the last, the “Streisand effect” ensures the thousands if not millions of people out there in agreement with Burke won’t accept this compelled speech bullshit. Expect some new teacher with a similar angle bar the religious aspect to become sensational news sometime soon. I’d bet pounds to pennies. This is not where it ends, it’s just the beginning.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Different views on it I guess. Think he could of handled it better if he really was serious about it but was a bit of an attention whore. But that's just like my opinion man..
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

He's been dismissed
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Bill Burr saying "Oh Jesus" suddenly came into my head seeing that..

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I hope he finds some way of suing the school. I don't know the man, or want to, but why should he lose his job for not kowtowing to the woke establishment and their agenda. Tail wags the dog once again. When Ireland no longer has a Christian majority population - probably by the middle of next year at the current rate of immigration - it will be interesting to see how things pan out for these fringe groups.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:01 pm I hope he finds some way of suing the school. I don't know the man, or want to, but why should he lose his job for not kowtowing to the woke establishment and their agenda. Tail wags the dog once again. When Ireland no longer has a Christian majority population - probably by the middle of next year at the current rate of immigration - it will be interesting to see how things pan out for these fringe groups.
I'm afraid it'll go the same way as the sister when taking the case against Arthur Cox. The hearing will start at the WRC and any merits in their case will be outdone by their shouting, interrupting the speakers for the other side and completely disrespecting the court. Then it'll be appealed with the same behavior.

If they would just shut their mouths in relation to the abuse they hurl and respect the people on the other side, they would do a LOT better.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

He should set up his own school, with blackjack and hookers. In fact forget the school.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:24 am He should set up his own school, with blackjack and hookers. In fact forget the school.
His mother did! https://www.bcs.ie/
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:09 am His mother did! https://www.bcs.ie/
I had a look but couldn't find any information on blackjack and hookers - are you telling porkies? :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:23 am I had a look but couldn't find any information on blackjack and hookers - are you telling porkies? :mrgreen:
Now, what happens in the teachers room won't be published.

...que banjo music from Deliverance.....
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

This line from a letter that the student's council at Wilson's Hospital is interesting - "The Council said that for many LGBTQI+ students, Mr Burke's presence in the school "is a daily reminder of the prejudices they feel".

There are approx.400 students at Wilson's Hospital - just how many identify as LGBTQI+ (whatever you're having yourself) - is it any wonder that many young people are confused about their sexuality? Whatever happened to keeping one's private life, sexual preferences etc. private or at least between those of the same persuasion? How did any of us in the pre-woke era manage to get through the education system at all. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:00 am This line from a letter that the student's council at Wilson's Hospital is interesting - "The Council said that for many LGBTQI+ students, Mr Burke's presence in the school "is a daily reminder of the prejudices they feel".

There are approx.400 students at Wilson's Hospital - just how many identify as LGBTQI+ (whatever you're having yourself) - is it any wonder that many young people are confused about their sexuality? Whatever happened to keeping one's private life, sexual preferences etc. private or at least between those of the same persuasion? How did any of us in the pre-woke era manage to get through the education system at all. :roll:
Well it is Westmeath so you know, anything goes there..

But in all seriousness, in relation to keeping ones life private, thankfully mobile phones and social media weren't a thing when I was at school. Think I would of topped myself if it was.
I'm dreading when my wee lad is older and have to deal with all that. I love technology and all but not that part of it.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:16 pm I'm afraid it'll go the same way as the sister when taking the case against Arthur Cox. The hearing will start at the WRC and any merits in their case will be outdone by their shouting, interrupting the speakers for the other side and completely disrespecting the court. Then it'll be appealed with the same behavior.

If they would just shut their mouths in relation to the abuse they hurl and respect the people on the other side, they would do a LOT better.
Well, if they stopped the shouting then people would have more time to dissect their argument, which probably wouldn't suit their agenda, and I admit to being at a complete loss as to what that agenda is sometimes. Rational discussion seems to be an alien concept to them and that doesn't really seem to be compatible with the legal profession.
Personally, I find the XX and XY chromosome systems completely satisfactory as the method of determining gender, no matter what the individual might decide later on in life.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

For me, gender has two parts;
  • what you are biologically
  • what you identify as
Biologically, you are what you are. You can't change it. You can alter it via surgery, hormones, etc but you can't change it. You are what you are and what you started off as.

However, for what you identify as, that's up to you. You can identify as a man/woman/bat and it's no skin off my nose. You can alter your appearance to fit what you identify as.

Personally, I don't give a fig what you identify as. As long as it makes you happy to be identified as a man/woman/bat, I'm happy for you and will call you by what you want. It won't alter the fact that biologically, you are a man/woman/bat
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Any person can identify as they want. That same person identifying as they want CANNOT force or wheedle their way into the spaces of the other biological sex.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I think they are starting to realize that in sports where physical strength has an impact. Wasn't there something about this in Rugby in stopping transgender playing the woman's rugby due to size/strength mismatch?

Edit, can you imagine Isha if you were on a rugby field and had to face someone of Paul O'Connell's size and strength wearing a skirt and had bits altered surgically? That would not be a fair game....
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

And the Indo is saying he turned up again this morning......

Edit Is that man stupid? All he's doing is making his case against the school harder
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

"They" are not realising anything fast enough to be honest. Yesterday in Scotland, after all the politicians assurances re this won't happen, this lowlife rapist decided MID TRIAL that he is now a woman, and having been convicted of two rapes of women yesterday he was remanded to Cornton Vale women's prison pending sentencing. He was referred to consistently throughout trial and decision as SHE and HER. This is wrong.

But to be a proper ally no deviation from Trans Women ARE Women is permissible. It starts with being compelled to call a boy "they" as if they have no sex. Then you call a boy "she" then "she" MUST be allowed in all the girls spaces, sports etc, because "she" is a girl.

No, I say.
20230124_163304.jpg
20230124_163304.jpg (180.64 KiB) Viewed 2246 times

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...