Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Roe v Wade to be overturned?

The burning issues of the day
simone
Location: remember me in the months ahead, and how i was correct

Roe v Wade to be overturned?

Post by simone »

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/leaked ... 022-05-03/

Some amazing reactions online.
Rabbi preaching love

The tide is turning in the culture wars
Catholic governors of Florida and Texas ban pro sodomite pro tranny sex education and books and critical race theory in schools and libraries.
Governor of Florida goes against Disney for supporting sodomy.
Catholic governor of Texas supreme justices decide to overturn legal abortion.
Regional authorities In USA and local people are successfully rising against national government and globohomo authorities and oligarchs.
A large proportion of the population distrusts the pro Democrat news media and the science establishment and is put off by Hollywood.
Twitter ceases to suppress the accounts of people on the right.

Where America leads the rest of the west will follow, the next few months will see unprecedented change, its all coming to a head.

"There are decades when nothing happens, and there are weeks when decades happen."--Lenin
knownunknown

Re: Roe v Wade to be overturned?

Post by knownunknown »

Unprecedented leak from the court, worrying times. People can lose trust in this institution just like any other, what then? The unprecedented change could be anarchy and mayhem.

Post by 6456739 »

More linkdumps and far right US nonsense.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Another post from a prolifically vacuous poster, conflating all and sundry because they lack the intelligence to be able to process separate topics with any degree of mental acuity.

Culture wars. Give it a rest you simpleton.
simone

Post by simone »

JayZeus wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:35 pm Another post from a prolifically vacuous poster, conflating all and sundry because they lack the intelligence to be able to process separate topics with any degree of mental acuity.

Culture wars. Give it a rest you simpleton.
Why are you still stalking me?
The very same posters that won’t to know how to block me are the ones responding to my posts.
Speaks volumes about you and dare I say a lack of personality, start some topics , let’s see how clued in you are, afraid you are to much of a bore to get replies?

Anyway the far left 5% loony folk have pushed for increasingly insane policies that now the 90% normal folk are starting to agree with the 5% far right loony folk, the far right have gained the middle ground by doing nothing and letting the left crazies push policies, simply a huge happening anyway you look at it.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

simone wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:51 pm Why are you still stalking me?
The very same posters that won’t to know how to block me are the ones responding to my posts.
Speaks volumes about you and dare I say a lack of personality, start some topics , let’s see how clued in you are, afraid you are to much of a bore to get replies?
Won't to know? What's that now?

Block me if you want. I'm happy enough where I am.
simone wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:51 pm Anyway the far left 5% loony folk have pushed for increasingly insane policies that now the 90% normal folk are starting to agree with the 5% far right loony folk, the far right have gained the middle ground by doing nothing and letting the left crazies push policies, simply a huge happening anyway you look at it.
Anyway nothing.

More generalisations stating nothing about everything. More rambling rubbish, devoid of substance, and never a salient argument formed of your own intellect to be found in your musings. Not surprising, really.

Would you not just do everyone a favour and go annoy people over on boards? You'll be in good company there, assuming they haven't thrown you off hundreds of times already.

Post by 6456739 »

simone wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:51 pm
Anyway the far left 5% loony folk have pushed for increasingly insane policies that now the 90% normal folk are starting to agree with the 5% far right loony folk, the far right have gained the middle ground by doing nothing and letting the left crazies push policies, simply a huge happening anyway you look at it.
Such as?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Just a crazy guess, but I'm thinking the good folx have all pivoted firmly back to my body, my choice, right?

☺️☺️☺️
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:34 pm Just a crazy guess, but I'm thinking the good folx have all pivoted firmly back to my body, my choice, right?

☺️☺️☺️
Also back to ‘how dare you refuse healthcare’ after about a year ago looking to deny healthcare to certain groups. Funny old world.
simone

Post by simone »

Celchick wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:20 pm "Sodomite", "globohomo" - what's with the homophobic language?
LOL, dont post about globohomo until you know what it is, :lol: :lol: :lol:
simone

Post by simone »

JayZeus wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:18 pm Won't to know? What's that now?

Block me if you want. I'm happy enough where I am.

Anyway nothing.

More generalisations stating nothing about everything. More rambling rubbish, devoid of substance, and never a salient argument formed of your own intellect to be found in your musings. Not surprising, really.

Would you not just do everyone a favour and go annoy people over on boards? You'll be in good company there, assuming they haven't thrown you off hundreds of times already.
The midwit lefty folk are outraged, this can only be is a good thing.
Keep stalking me around Gubu, step out of your echo chamber, ill make you better informed, make you more humble, make you better people.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

simone wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:28 pm The midwit lefty folk are outraged, this can only be is a good thing.
Keep stalking me around Gubu, step out of your echo chamber, ill make you better informed, make you more humble, make you better people.
I'll tell you what, you learn how to write your own thoughts down in a way that people can understand you're actually capable of having your own thoughts, and I'll have less critical replies for you.

Unfortunately the above isn't a good start. "Ill make you better informed"? Ill will? I will, abbreviated to I'll? It will, abbreviated to it'll?

Did you mean to write 'make you a better person'? "Make you better people" is real redneck language, when you're addressing a person in the singular.

Is that what's happening here? You can't think or write for yourself, hence the copy and paste from everywhere else, and the poorly written brain-farts?

And what's a midwit? It's technically not a real word in the English language, not with a modern definition anyway. You can check a dictionary if you need to. Dictionary. It's a useful kind of book full of 'big peoples words'. You should look it up.

If you're using the word with the understanding that it refers to someone of middling intelligence, but under the illusion they're a genius, you really should look up the word 'Irony'. You'll like that one. If you can understand its meaning of course.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

MOD NOTE: @Simone and @JayZeus - if you can only resort to insulting and bickering with each other, please just ignore each other instead
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The ACLU protesting this after years of prioritizing men and reducing women to “birthing bodies” can get to fcuk.

This is a woman’s issue - only woman can get pregnant, only women have ever got pregnant and only women ever WILL get pregnant.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

It’s more nuanced than that. It’s really a matter for the parents of an unborn child, not for women alone to decide, in the context of a couple who have a relationship. Outside of that, it’s nobody else's business.

I write that as someone who was in a 5+ year relationship with someone who decided to terminate a pregnancy at 8 weeks, and tell me 2 weeks later. Why? Because she wanted to complete her masters degree before starting a family. That’s a horrible thing to do, just a despicable act of selfishness.

The Roe v. Wade decision leaves no room for states to provide for legislation to recognise that a father to be SHOULD have rights also. It’s not right to lean to one extreme or the other. The law should provide some reasonable and fair means for both to have protections as both parties were required for the conception in the first place.

Obviously, this doesn’t take into consideration the extreme cases, but a bad faith act of a pregnant woman leaves no recourse in law for a man who has been grossly wronged through abortion, as in my own case.

The law should address such matters with fair and balanced measures and means, to ensure we’re not all left exposed to such consequences.

Registered civil partnerships and marriages should convey equal rights for fathers to be, leaving them with some say when it comes to legal access to abortion for the mother of their unborn child, at minimum. A fast-track process in the courts should facilitate a decision for or against, taking into account any relevant arguments and evidence etc to support an application to terminate a pregnancy.

Fair is fair.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I agree that abortion is an issue that can affect men. It can affect them very strongly, emotionally and psychologically, there could be feelings of dreadful loss, deep upset and so on. Not only partners, but perhaps father's of women could be thus affected. We just can't handwave that kind of generational impact. Having children is a extraordinarily emotional and primal event.

But probably the only recourse left to the partner if sorely hurt is to choose to not be in the relationship any longer, because I can't see how their undeniable interest could be morally used to in any way compel a woman to continue to carry a baby.

I have a big mix of conflicting opinions on abortion. Hardly know how to express them, because as a woman I am almost compelled to be of a certain opinion or be considered an outcast. And yet the contradictory opinions continue to exist within me. I have friends and family who are strongly pro choice or pro life and thankfully we have found ways to discuss without hurting each other. And to love each other no matter what choices are made.

Regarding my own general and conflicting opinions - for example, I believe women have known since antiquity how to abort unwanted pregnancies through the use of herbs. The abortifacient herbs would have been generally strong enough to alter the womb environment to prevent implantation or cause shedding of the lining of the womb. They would have been the most valuable tool females had to prevent pregnancy, which even when hugely desired carried a heavy risk of mortality. Death in childbirth was a huge consideration for females, perhaps the biggest threat our sex faced, and there are ancestral echoes of that in every girl and woman. Just as many men fear death in battle as an almost epigenetic inbuilt trait, and this creates the evolutionary desire to be strong and able to fight.

To the extent that pills mimic that abortifacient effect early in pregnancy, I cannot oppose their use at all. First trimester medical abortion may be emotionally sad and produce moral controversy, but I can't see how females can be compelled to continue pregnancy if such is undesired.

But coupled with the older knowledge there would have been an acute awareness of one's body, and the likelihood of pregnancy etc. To my mind that is surprisingly lacking in modern times. There is a modern carelessness about material reality, the implications of sexual encounters, and sometimes a presumption of "rights" that can encourage ignorance and thus callousness.

Because at some point the group of cells DOES become sentient, able to feel pain, a human. And as thinking beings we must not deny that. In my opinion.

Ultimately a good goal for our species would be to advance to a time that we are so educated, wise, in tune with reality, cared for, etc that we evolve beyond the need for abortion.

Because in my opinion the act of surgical abortion is cruel to the baby, I have no time for the no limits abortion activists, the "shout your abortion people", even those who cheer themselves raw for abortion rights generally. It seems crude, undignified, cold. In my opinion, it is a serious matter, a sombre affair.
There are serious psychological and emotional implications for many girls and women that are largely ignored by the cheering factions. Women who have abortions because their child is damaged, their own body is threatened, they have been raped etc, suffer terrible trauma, and some of the pro choice stuff is so raucous, so belligerent, that it ignores and rides roughshod over this incredible pain, and the agonising that preceded choices made.

My opinion, if I can generalise it, is there is madness and cruelty at both ends of the spectrum of activism on abortion. There is the callousness of those who would judge a woman for using what are among the oldest recourses females have had to determine autonomy over the health of their bodies - the emmenagogues. And there is the inhumane enthusiastic support for no term limits destruction of a sentient being.

Working out the middle ground between both extreme is very, very difficult. I think advances in science will help us.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

isha wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:59 am My opinion, if I can generalise it, is there is madness and cruelty at both ends of the spectrum of activism on abortion. There is the callousness of those who would judge a woman for using what are among the oldest recourses females have had to determine autonomy over the health of their bodies - the emmenagogues. And there is the inhumane enthusiastic support for no term limits destruction of a sentient being.
This really resonates for me. I am pro choice in principle but extreme factions on both sides have made me wince at at times.

Ultimately, even though the father has a significant stake in the process, it's the woman that must actually bear the child. I don't think anyone man or woman should be coerced into bearing responsibility for a child they don't want. And this raises the difficult question.

If a woman should be allowed to decide upon aborting a foetus she DOESN'T want, can a man similarly decide that they can notionally abort their responsibility for a foetus that the woman decides she DOES want?

My own belief is that neither party should be forced to go through with a pregnancy but that both parties need to be far more responsible in preventing it happening in the first place. Abortion should be a rare consequence of unwanted pregnancy, not a form of contraception or encouragement to treat reproductive health casually.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JayZeus wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:57 am It’s more nuanced than that. It’s really a matter for the parents of an unborn child, not for women alone to decide, in the context of a couple who have a relationship. Outside of that, it’s nobody else's business.

I write that as someone who was in a 5+ year relationship with someone who decided to terminate a pregnancy at 8 weeks, and tell me 2 weeks later. Why? Because she wanted to complete her masters degree before starting a family. That’s a horrible thing to do, just a despicable act of selfishness.

The Roe v. Wade decision leaves no room for states to provide for legislation to recognise that a father to be SHOULD have rights also. It’s not right to lean to one extreme or the other. The law should provide some reasonable and fair means for both to have protections as both parties were required for the conception in the first place.

Obviously, this doesn’t take into consideration the extreme cases, but a bad faith act of a pregnant woman leaves no recourse in law for a man who has been grossly wronged through abortion, as in my own case.

The law should address such matters with fair and balanced measures and means, to ensure we’re not all left exposed to such consequences.

Registered civil partnerships and marriages should convey equal rights for fathers to be, leaving them with some say when it comes to legal access to abortion for the mother of their unborn child, at minimum. A fast-track process in the courts should facilitate a decision for or against, taking into account any relevant arguments and evidence etc to support an application to terminate a pregnancy.

Fair is fair.
Excellent points all and I take every last one - I meant more men deciding for all women - and this tea a bullshyte about “pregnant men”.

I’m sorry for your loss - the father absolutely should be considered.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

isha wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:34 pm Just a crazy guess, but I'm thinking the good folx have all pivoted firmly back to my body, my choice, right?

☺️☺️☺️
Who’d have thought it eh?

In other less obvious pivots, they can make themselves look even more stupid than most thought possible.

Scotty

Post by Scotty »

schmittel wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:32 pm Who’d have thought it eh?

In other less obvious pivots, they can make themselves look even more stupid than most thought possible.

Ivermectin is not recognised by the WHO or any health agency as a treatment for Covid. Therefor, Rogan was spreading misinformation in promoting it as such.

Misoprostol is used to cause abortion and is recognised as such by the WHO and other health agencies.

There's a world of difference. It's a pretty stupid tweet.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:00 pm Ivermectin is not recognised by the WHO or any health agency as a treatment for Covid. Therefor, Rogan was spreading misinformation in promoting it as such.

Misoprostol is used to cause abortion and is recognised as such by the WHO and other health agencies.

There's a world of difference. It's a pretty stupid tweet.
A world of difference?!

You're surely not claiming that the WHO and other health agencies would recommend that women seeking an abortion should self medicate with drugs obtained from their vet?!!
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

schmittel wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:33 pm A world of difference?!
Yes, one drug does sweet feck all for what it's being touted for and the other does exactly what it's being touted for. The WHO warns against using one for treating a particular illness and gives guidelines for using the other. That's a world of difference, no?
schmittel wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:33 pm You're surely not claiming that the WHO and other health agencies would recommend that women seeking an abortion should self medicate with drugs obtained from their vet?!!
That's a stupid question.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:58 pm Yes, one drug does sweet feck all for what it's being touted for and the other does exactly what it's being touted for. The WHO warns against using one for treating a particular illness and gives guidelines for using the other. That's a world of difference, no?

That's a stupid question.
Presumably if you think it is a stupid question, you'd agree that it is a stupid recommendation. Yet it would appear that's exactly what vice are doing - suggesting that for those seeking an abortion, an option is to self medicate by procuring horse ulcer drugs from a vet.

Kind of ironic given their previous moral high ground against horse deworming drugs.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

schmittel wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:10 am Presumably if you think it is a stupid question, you'd agree that it is a stupid recommendation. Yet it would appear that's exactly what vice are doing.
Perhaps you're easier influenced than I am but I don't see anywhere in the article where VICE/Motherboard are recommending self medication with medicines acquired from a vet. It's an article about an organisation that advocates DIY medicine - it's clearly not an endorsement. Apart from the fact that they highlight the same drug being used to treat horses, they also state...
Motherboard cannot speak to the safety of making your own pills, and the Four Thieves Vinegar Collective has been criticized by some in the pharmaceutical and medical establishment who think that making DIY medicine isn't safe under any circumstances.
How anyone could read this as a recommendation to get abortion pills from a vet is beyond me. Again, it's a stupid tweet.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Scotty wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:56 am How anyone could read this as a recommendation to get abortion pills from a vet is beyond me. Again, it's a stupid tweet.
The tweet says: "Misoprostol is relatively easy to acquire from veterinary sources"

Fair enough, not a recommendation to get it from a vet, we can assume they think you should try and get it from the doctor in the first instance.

If your doctor refuses to prescribe the drug for what ever reason, @motherboard are simply pointing out that is "relatively easy to acquire from veterinary sources."

A stupid tweet indeed. And kind of ironic.