Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

LIV Saudi sponsored Golf Event and the morally bankrupt golfers?

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

LIV Saudi sponsored Golf Event and the morally bankrupt golfers?

Post by Del.Monte »

https://www.si.com/golf/news/dustin-joh ... rs-problem

Hard to know what to say about this issue but listening to a press conference today where journalists asked "is there any country where you wouldn't take part in a sporting event" - Putin's Russia was mentioned by the journalist but not a single solitary person asked would say that Russia was beyond the pale. I don't like golf anyway but putting that aside these golfers are disgusting, super rich, morally bankrupt scumbags. One of them said they were role models for young people - God help us! :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Re: LIV Saudi sponsored Golf Event and the morally bankrupt golfers?

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Personally I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than watch golf. However, it just shows money talks and the people taking part have no morals.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:25 pm https://www.si.com/golf/news/dustin-joh ... rs-problem

Hard to know what to say about this issue but listening to a press conference today where journalists asked "is there any country where you wouldn't take part in a sporting event" - Putin's Russia was mentioned by the journalist but not a single solitary person asked would say that Russia was beyond the pale. I don't like golf anyway but putting that aside these golfers are disgusting, super rich, morally bankrupt scumbags. One of them said they were role models for young people - God help us! :mrgreen:
These guys fall into the celebrity status bracket, where they think they are something special in the human gene pool.
But society actually thinks celebrities like the kardashians ect , actually ARE something special.

As me old dad would say......They are special alright
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I love my golf but the names that are there are completely wrong - GMac is a disappointment, thought he had more class than that.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Frank

Post by Frank »

There's no way anyone could have thought Graeme McDowell and class belonged in the same sentence.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Frank wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:02 pm There's no way anyone could have thought Graeme McDowell and class belonged in the same sentence.
Am I missing something ? He seemed a nice guy to me ??
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane