Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Gender Theory Thread

The burning issues of the day
Apelles

Re: Gender Theory Thread

Post by Apelles »

I was looking up Nina Paley whose poignant video Isha had posted on the Israel Palestinian thread. A talented artist who's had her own run-ins with trans-activists.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

She has long been a favourite animator of mine. Her opportunities for recognition were destroyed by TRAs. One of the most talented artists I know.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Why is there a "trans row" on the new Big Brother ??

Some "transwoman" - i.e. biological man - berated someone for saying "you're biologically male so if a man fancied you he would be gay ?"

TIM goes "but I'm a woman". But in your pants where it matters you're not!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... abour.html

Jesus wept. There is 1930s Germany level antisemitism on the streets of the UK and this is Labour’s priority.

Ffs.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Deleted

Post by Deleted »

https://x.com/brandubh4/status/1713593761282830429?s=20

Weird story, so he won his case, and so now what ?
I can't imagine the atmosphere in that house is good.
You'd think he'd just leave, would you want to live in a house where the flatmates hate you ?

Then again, he could enjoy the discomfort ...

creep
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RogerMoore wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:18 am https://x.com/brandubh4/status/1713593761282830429?s=20

Weird story, so he won his case, and so now what ?
I can't imagine the atmosphere in that house is good.
You'd think he'd just leave, would you want to live in a house where the flatmates hate you ?

Then again, he could enjoy the discomfort ...

creep
He's a pervert who has found a way to perv legally.

I had a conversation last week that included a gay person (mid 20s) - they feel that what "trans" people are going through "must be the same as gay people went through when you were young". That would be mid 80s.

Really ? Not having AIDs would seem to be a fecking win.

The 1970s Paedophile Information Exchange - Google it, chilling - played a decades long game, but are winning.

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... uncil.html

The world is beyond fcked.

I don't have an Irish accent because I spent my formative years in the UK.

I get asked "you'll be supporting England then PS ?" every fcking sporting event.

I was asked did I complete a form wrong as I selected Irish.

When Brexit was happening I was asked how I voted ("fck all to do with me lads, I had enough problems with the Nice vote!")

Where's my fcking money ?? 25 grand cos you put on a frock ???

James Brown was almost right, it is a man's man's man's world - he just needs mascara and a Twisted Sister-esque wig.

Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Tell you what, from a completely cynical perspective, I'm thinking of starting a consultancy business. Organisations literally don't know what to do when this shit happens.

A man turns up to work in a dress and all hell breaks loose. My new consultancy (Allied Gender Practitioners ;) ) will guide them through the process of making sure they can't be sued.

I would insincerely guide the employee through the process and advise the company of the minimum required actions to avoid legal culpability. I would establish the appearance of a sincere and robust gender recognition policy. The only genuine act would be to counsel the employee in a modicum of human understanding with regard to colleagues deadnaming/pronoun usage, along with some advice on resilience.

The final act would be to go completely over the top and organise a party to celebrate the employees gender transition. This would entail the employee sitting completely alone in a function room filled with pink balloons while their phone receives a cavalcade of texts from all their colleagues containing heartfelt congratulations but genuine excuses as to why they can't attend.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Cyclepath wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:08 pm Tell you what, from a completely cynical perspective, I'm thinking of starting a consultancy business. Organisations literally don't know what to do when this shit happens.

A man turns up to work in a dress and all hell breaks loose. My new consultancy (Allied Gender Practitioners ;) ) will guide them through the process of making sure they can't be sued.

I would insincerely guide the employee through the process and advise the company of the minimum required actions to avoid legal culpability. I would establish the appearance of a sincere and robust gender recognition policy. The only genuine act would be to counsel the employee in a modicum of human understanding with regard to colleagues deadnaming/pronoun usage, along with some advice on resilience.

The final act would be to go completely over the top and organise a party to celebrate the employees gender transition. This would entail the employee sitting completely alone in a function room filled with pink balloons while their phone receives a cavalcade of texts from all their colleagues containing heartfelt congratulations but genuine excuses as to why they can't attend.
Oh I laughed way too hard at that!!!! Re-education camp for me!!

Deleted

Post by Deleted »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:33 pm Oh I laughed way too hard at that!!!! Re-education camp for me!!
a Pride Garda squad car has been dispatched to pick you up ..

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

And it’s looking fierce!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

If ever there was a squad car in need of a wash with a couple of litres of brake fluid, that’s it.

Honestly, WTF are the gobsheites doing with taxpayers money? Someone should be sacked for wasting money like that, let alone undermining the robust representation of professionalism the Gardaí need right now.

They’ll be fluff-bearded, wearing cut-off denim shorts and with bullrings and blue hair the way things are going.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

The latest Australian offering from TEDx talks is a cringeworthy assessment of a somewhat tenuous they/them pronouns history class.

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Apelles wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:04 am The latest Australian offering from TEDx talks is a cringeworthy assessment of a somewhat tenuous they/them pronouns history class.

Oh ffs.

No love, your pronouns don’t make anyone angry. They make us roll our eyes at you being a stereotypical attention seeking fcking hobbit.

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rison.html

Another loophole for men - be crap at sports “transition” and won; now it’s beat up or rape women “transition” and you’ll walk free.

JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:26 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rison.html

Another loophole for men - be crap at sports “transition” and won; now it’s beat up or rape women “transition” and you’ll walk free.
Whatever anyones thoughts on transgenderism or otherwise I don't think you should be saying that there's a loophole for men where they can beat up women, then transition in order to walk away free.

Men don't do that. If that's what you believe then I'd argue it to be barely disguised misandry.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JayZeus wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:38 pm Whatever anyones thoughts on transgenderism or otherwise I don't think you should be saying that there's a loophole for men where they can beat up women, then transition in order to walk away free.

Men don't do that. If that's what you believe then I'd argue it to be barely disguised misandry.
I am FAR from a misandrist and I reject your characterization.

I am saying that those men who wish to rape and demean women have now found a way round being punished.

But I think you knew that anyway.

JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:56 pm I am FAR from a misandrist and I reject your characterization.

I am saying that those men who wish to rape and demean women have now found a way round being punished.

But I think you knew that anyway.
I don’t know what you think.

The vast majority of men who rape and sexually abuse women don’t identify as transwomen. And I certainly don’t accept that even a substantial minority of men, even those guilty of such crimes and offences, would employ such tactics.

There are a lot of men and women with serious mental health conditions which for various reasons are identifying as the opposite sex. Within their ranks, not because of it, there will be a subset who are sex offenders.

If the whole defense against this whole nonsense is to continue to speak the truth, it’s important to at least try to stay grounded and rational and to control for the statistical outliers when we criticise this ‘movement’.

Releasing a violent person be they a biological man or a woman or jailing them in a prison intended for the opposite sex because of some perceived heightened threat to their safety is the issue here. Don’t make it about men, as you did, please. You’re wrong to do so IMHO.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JayZeus wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:50 pm I don’t know what you think.

The vast majority of men who rape and sexually abuse women don’t identify as transwomen. And I certainly don’t accept that even a substantial minority of men, even those guilty of such crimes and offences, would employ such tactics.

There are a lot of men and women with serious mental health conditions which for various reasons are identifying as the opposite sex. Within their ranks, not because of it, there will be a subset who are sex offenders.

If the whole defense against this whole nonsense is to continue to speak the truth, it’s important to at least try to stay grounded and rational and to control for the statistical outliers when we criticise this ‘movement’.

Releasing a violent person be they a biological man or a woman or jailing them in a prison intended for the opposite sex because of some perceived heightened threat to their safety is the issue here. Don’t make it about men, as you did, please. You’re wrong to do so IMHO.
I see what you’re doing and once again you are making something up and being disingenuous.

This is NOT ABOUT ALL MEN.

It is about a small section of violent and abusive men who are being defended by the same idiots who think you can magically change sex. It has given them a convenient get out of jail free card. They are putting women in danger.

Again you know this but are arguing in bad faith.

JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:22 pm I see what you’re doing and once again you are making something up and being disingenuous.

This is NOT ABOUT ALL MEN.

It is about a small section of violent and abusive men who are being defended by the same idiots who think you can magically change sex. It has given them a convenient get out of jail free card. They are putting women in danger.

Again you know this but are arguing in bad faith.
Once again I’m making things up?

I’m not making anything up, being disingenuous or arguing in bad faith. I’m arguing against what I see as a tabloid newspapers oversimplification of decision taken by the courts in the UK in a case which quite frankly neither you nor I have studied conclusively, and in particular your assertion that this is ”another loophole for men” as you put it.

I’m not saying for one moment that I do or you should agree with the outcome of that particular case. I’m not saying that in a very small but very publicised number of cases the transgender aspect hasn’t come into a decision before a court, nor that the outcome won’t favour the transgender accused or whatever.

The issue as I see it is that you’re throwing men under the bus here by saying men have another loophole, and going on then to argue that a man can beat up or rape a woman, transition and walk away free. That is simply not the case.

The person in this case received a 21 month sentence suspended for 12 months on a good behaviour bond. The fact that their solicitor or barrister presented as one of doubtless many arguments against an immediate custodial sentence the defendant’s transgender status and possible consequences of same were they imprisoned is just one of the many points of argument the court will have heard.

Needless to say, the hype rag you quoted latch on to this point and sensationalise it for their hungry readers to feed upon. An inability or refusal to consider the broader context of how the judge made their final decision and the subsequent ’loophole’ stuff you posted is what has us disagreeing here.

Don’t make this about men. It’s a single case and decision, but you’re throwing ‘men’ under the bus. Sorry if this upsets you PS, but that’s just not acceptable to me. We can agree to disagree and move on.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JayZeus wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:42 pm Once again I’m making things up?

I’m not making anything up, being disingenuous or arguing in bad faith. I’m arguing against what I see as a tabloid newspapers oversimplification of decision taken by the courts in the UK in a case which quite frankly neither you nor I have studied conclusively, and in particular your assertion that this is ”another loophole for men” as you put it.

I’m not saying for one moment that I do or you should agree with the outcome of that particular case. I’m not saying that in a very small but very publicised number of cases the transgender aspect hasn’t come into a decision before a court, nor that the outcome won’t favour the transgender accused or whatever.

The issue as I see it is that you’re throwing men under the bus here by saying men have another loophole, and going on then to argue that a man can beat up or rape a woman, transition and walk away free. That is simply not the case.

The person in this case received a 21 month sentence suspended for 12 months on a good behaviour bond. The fact that their solicitor or barrister presented as one of doubtless many arguments against an immediate custodial sentence the defendant’s transgender status and possible consequences of same were they imprisoned is just one of the many points of argument the court will have heard.

Needless to say, the hype rag you quoted latch on to this point and sensationalise it for their hungry readers to feed upon. An inability or refusal to consider the broader context of how the judge made their final decision and the subsequent ’loophole’ stuff you posted is what has us disagreeing here.

Don’t make this about men. It’s a single case and decision, but you’re throwing ‘men’ under the bus. Sorry if this upsets you PS, but that’s just not acceptable to me. We can agree to disagree and move on.
Maybe the fourth times the charm:

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ALL MEN - BUT ABUSIVE AND RAPIST MEN.

Christ - called a left wing PC brigade when I’m politically, financially and socially Centre right and now when I’m not a feminist but for true equality of BOTH (I.e. there are only two) sexes/genders I am apparently a misandrist,

Ignored from now on.

JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:30 am Maybe the fourth times the charm:

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ALL MEN - BUT ABUSIVE AND RAPIST MEN.

Christ - called a left wing PC brigade when I’m politically, financially and socially Centre right and now when I’m not a feminist but for true equality of BOTH (I.e. there are only two) sexes/genders I am apparently a misandrist,

Ignored from now on.
Well you’re perfectly entitled to ignore me if you want, although I’ll have to point out that repeating a claim that it’s not about all men doesn’t do anything to support what you’ve written, especially when you’re being pretty rude about it.

The point is that you’re ignoring the FACT that there are no loopholes being availed of here. A suspended sentence was handed down in a single case with its own unique circumstances and basis for the courts decision. A suspended sentence in a unique court case is not getting to walk away free, whether the convicted party is a man, woman, flying pig or unicorn.

But you’re stating that there is a loophole for men (I don’t care is that’s 3 or 3 billion) to avail of so they can beat and rape women and walk away free. That’s not true. It’s a falsehood. But if someone were to take what you’ve written as truth, they’d go away thinking a man can act with violence against a woman and get away with it if they’re transgender. That is not true. You are wrong. Ignoring that or me doesn’t make it true either.

And you chose men as the fictitious beneficiaries of this non-existant ‘loophole’, and have stuck to that argument, which is based on nothing. The fact is that men don’t benefit from this either way. It’s yet another example of someone suggesting that men who do awful things can trick their way out of facing consequences, as if that’s something that only men can do.

That’s not right PS.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

JZ, you can doggedly pursue this point but can you also consider this point; Upon reading the quoted article, a woman might just react with annoyance at yet another example of a certain type of man using transition to create the circumstance in which they can get special treatment.

There are other documented cases of this happening, e.g.

https://reduxx.info/uk-transgender-pedo ... materials/
https://reduxx.info/spain-man-convicted ... -identity/
https://news.wttw.com/2020/02/19/lawsui ... der-inmate

I don't think anyone reading any of PSs other commentary on this site could conclude that she's a misandrist!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Cyclepath wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:31 am JZ, you can doggedly pursue this point but can you also consider this point; Upon reading the quoted article, a woman might just react with annoyance at yet another example of a certain type of man using transition to create the circumstance in which they can get special treatment.

There are other documented cases of this happening, e.g.

https://reduxx.info/uk-transgender-pedo ... materials/
https://reduxx.info/spain-man-convicted ... -identity/
https://news.wttw.com/2020/02/19/lawsui ... der-inmate

I don't think anyone reading any of PSs other commentary on this site could conclude that she's a misandrist!
Thank you for that my two wheeled friend - I really didn't think the red pill mob would come down so heavy on me!!!

JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:32 am Thank you for that my two wheeled friend - I really didn't think the red pill mob would come down so heavy on me!!!
The red pill mob? Give me a break :roll:

You've been too quick to jump to a wrong conclusion and when it's been pointed out to you that you're misrepresenting to facts, you argue that it's 'NOT ALL MEN', just some.

THERE IS NO LOOPHOLE.

Now rather than accept that, you've side-stepped and argued so you can maintain the claim that there's a loophole for men to beat and rape women and get away free.

PS, that's misandristic in effect, even if it's difficult for you to see it that way.