Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Gender Theory Thread

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: Gender Theory Thread

Post by isha »

I think most of us know well how bad Communists have been. It's just the weirdness of them being condemned as far right now by progressives who for some crazy reason have been quite affirming of the idea of "communism". It's the contrast between people who believe in material reality affecting the proletariat and people who believe material reality is whatever you feel it to be.

I'm certainly not becoming a Communist because of their gender theory critical tweets. But fair play, they are correct on this one.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 678904673 »

Cant quite believe it but I find myself agreeing with the Communist Party. Stop the world folks. I'm getting off
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

Can't see how it's "tryhard". What's actually tryhard are attempts to make people genuinely believe that biological sex is immaterial and inconsequential. All they said was that it's material reality, and claims that it can be disregarded and eclipsed by feelings, is preposterous. Material reality is one of the central tenets of communist theory, hence no religion, and gender identity ideology bears the hallmarks of a religion (or cult).

People can condemn vicious, horrific genocidal communist regimes AND agree with the above point.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Imagine being over 18 and entertaining Communism as a legitimate way to organise society.
Lol
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

A day of captivating imagery and words. A day of poetic mise en scene. The breadth of modernity captured in a cinematic shot. The Minister beats his breast, thumps his craw forlornly. The lovely ladies in waiting glisten serenely.

20230331_184339.jpg
20230331_184339.jpg (94.31 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

My eyes, my eyes....there are somethings that can't be unseen!
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

That Roderic O'Gorman lad has a lot to answer for and has damaged the Greens nearly as much as that fool Eamon Ryan.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:15 pm My eyes, my eyes....there are somethings that can't be unseen!
I think that beautiful photo of the fragrant flowers should be made famous. Who was the delectable photographer chosen to witness this intimate moment? Who cleverly propped the lamp so that it emphasised the serenity of the siren in the bath tub? Who turned on the tap to capture the passing of time, the fruitless inappropriate yearning? Who placed the nail brush so delicately balanced on the cistern? What precious fluid is in the yellow bucket? Why was the toilet brush holder moved so that we see the filthy imprint? What are the lovely girls discussing?

Dissertations could be composed about this piece of art that is certainly worthy of David Lynch, Lenny Abrahamson, Neil Jordan, or Terence Malik. I want to see the epic movie inspired by this mise en scene.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

Mirabeau wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:30 pm Imagine being over 18 and entertaining Communism as a legitimate way to organise society.
Lol
That looks like a dig but nobody here is saying it.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

isha wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:41 pm I think that beautiful photo of the fragrant flowers should be made famous. Who was the delectable photographer chosen to witness this intimate moment? Who cleverly propped the lamp so that it emphasised the serenity of the siren in the bath tub? Who turned on the tap to capture the passing of time, the fruitless inappropriate yearning? Who placed the nail brush so delicately balanced on the cistern? What precious fluid is in the yellow bucket? Why was the toilet brush holder moved so that we see the filthy imprint? What are the lovely girls discussing?

Dissertations could be composed about this piece of art that is certainly worthy of David Lynch, Lenny Abrahamson, Neil Jordan, or Terence Malik. I want to see the epic movie inspired by this mise en scene.
Reading through your discription of how the bathroom scene was
staged, reminds me more of something Tracey Emin might have come up with.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:18 pm That Roderic O'Gorman lad has a lot to answer for and has damaged the Greens nearly as much as that fool Eamon Ryan.
He is an utter degenerate - and no you losers from planks reading this for ammunition - I'm not calling him this because he is gay, I am calling him this because who he has aligned himself with..
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

According to Jennifer O'Connell in today's Irish Times, JK Rowling has brought the witch hunts on herself.
Predictably JOC has turned off replies to her Twitter post re same.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

isha wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:16 pm A day of captivating imagery and words. A day of poetic mise en scene. The breadth of modernity captured in a cinematic shot. The Minister beats his breast, thumps his craw forlornly. The lovely ladies in waiting glisten serenely.

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:22 pm According to Jennifer O'Connell in today's Irish Times, JK Rowling has brought the witch hunts on herself.
Predictably JOC has turned off replies to her Twitter post re same.
Just a wild guess here ...

Her twitter profile :

She/Her
Ukrainian flag ?
Trans/pride flag ?
Palestine flag ?
Environmental activist ?

Pathological hatred of Donald Trump and is dancing with glee over his looming arrest ??
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:38 pm Just a wild guess here ...

Her twitter profile :

She/Her
Ukrainian flag ?
Trans/pride flag ?
Palestine flag ?
Environmental activist ?

Pathological hatred of Donald Trump and is dancing with glee over his looming arrest ??
You must be psychic…..!!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Not an April Fools. He actually said these words.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ns-issues/
20230402_074950.jpg
20230402_074950.jpg (125.19 KiB) Viewed 2480 times

Post by 678904673 »

isha wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:50 am Not an April Fools. He actually said these words.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ns-issues/

20230402_074950.jpg
An to think that he's probably the next British PM. Scary
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Keir Starmer is 99.9% right here ....
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Imagine going through 7 years of medical school, done your years training in a hospital, and now have to sit through this drivel with some talentless hairy bollocked lunatic in a dress

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/1 ... -unicorns/
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Giulio Valentino has been approved to play in Ladies GFA under the new recent rules re transgender players.

https://www.businesspost.ie/news/trans- ... -football/
20230302_103334.jpg
20230302_103334.jpg (66.51 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

I remember reading the Gulag Archipelago.
There was a scene related in the book.
At the closing of a village soviet meeting, there was a call to applaud Stalin (who obviously was not present.)
Those in attendance stood clapping for hours because they were so afraid for being seen as not supporting the regime.
Some people preferred to collapse with exhaustion than to stop their applause.
Im always reminded of this when I read a gender/pc/woke/race story.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

There's a Swedish pregnancy and nursing brand called Boob.

On 1 April they did A Bad Thing and outraged a SJW.

Boob eventually deleted their post

nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

The Twitter version

AND

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Only woman can get pregnant.

Often the fathers get sympathetic pregnancies called Kouvad’s Syndrome.

The word transphobic is a handy shutdown for discussion - cf also Islamophobia .
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

I'm confused. Why is her Twitter called Parody Parody Parody? Anyway, there's an April Fool's joke there all right, and it's not Boob's little skit.