Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Gender Theory Thread

The burning issues of the day
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Re: Gender Theory Thread

Post by Cyclepath »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:11 pm Like one of the set designers or something you mean put it there?
The photographer would have an assistant and Balenciaga would have an artistic director of some sort, but you can bet the photographer didn't just turn up and take photos - he would have been involved in the process. So it's hard to point a finger really.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:17 pm Project veritas is back and that’s great news, real undercover investigative journalism. Remember this?

So did Musk fire this little authoritarian SS thug ?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:31 am So did Musk fire this little authoritarian SS thug ?
I see reports he’s fired 90% of the staff. If this guy was an SS thug then Parag Agrawal and Vijaya Gadde were the Fuhrers and they are definitely gone. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/vid ... 143554.cms
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Balenciaga has apologised, said it will fire all the bold people, and won't be bad again 🙄
Meanwhile internet sleuths have looked at their other campaigns and found this has been going on elsewhere with them. I don't believe them. I think they were just caught finally with very weird signalling.

But anyway more substantive news is that the UN Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women and Girls has written to the UK government and said that the proposed gender recognition act going through now at great haste in Scotland throws up issues where there are conflicts of rights.

Reem Alsalem makes all the right inclusivity noises about trans women, those who identify as women etc, but also says quite clearly (in a very long letter, most of which I have read) that there are clear instances where SINGLE SEX SPACES and protections are needed. Basically she says much of what I have said for years and been called a bigot and TERF for saying. She implicitly acknowledges in this letter that while we should respect people's gender expression etc, sex is immutable and relevant.

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

isha wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:21 pm Reem Alsalem makes all the right inclusivity noises about trans women, those who identify as women etc, but also says quite clearly (in a very long letter, most of which I have read) that there are clear instances where SINGLE SEX SPACES and protections are needed. Basically she says much of what I have said for years and been called a bigot and TERF for saying. She implicitly acknowledges in this letter that while we should respect people's gender expression etc, sex is immutable and relevant.
This is so important. When will TWs realise that feeling like a woman doesn't mean that their expected rights can override existing rights. There's a very clear conflict of rights - only one of which is supported with biology! There does seem to be an increasing amount of support from various quarters for this distinction.

Also I can't help feeling that the Scottish parliament move is political and idealogical contrarianism - designed to virtue signal as a response to some sensible moves in England.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

OpenAI have trained a model called ChatGPT which interacts in a conversational way. The dialogue format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer followup questions, admit its mistakes, challenge incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests.

So I asked the OpenAI "what is a woman?" and it answered:

A woman is a female human being. The term woman is typically used to refer to an adult, with the term girl being used to refer to a female child or adolescent. Women are capable of giving birth and are also capable of lactating in order to feed their young. Women often have different physical and hormonal characteristics than men, and they also often have different social and cultural roles.

I'm now wondering how long it'll be before the trans community get their hands on it....
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Cyclepath wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:19 pm OpenAI have trained a model called ChatGPT which interacts in a conversational way. The dialogue format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer followup questions, admit its mistakes, challenge incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests.

So I asked the OpenAI "what is a woman?" and it answered:

A woman is a female human being. The term woman is typically used to refer to an adult, with the term girl being used to refer to a female child or adolescent. Women are capable of giving birth and are also capable of lactating in order to feed their young. Women often have different physical and hormonal characteristics than men, and they also often have different social and cultural roles.

I'm now wondering how long it'll be before the trans community get their hands on it....
They got their preemptive attacks in already.
The figures are actually worse in AI. At one of 2015’s biggest artificial intelligence conferences—NIPS, held in Montreal—just 13.7 percent of attendees were women, according to data the conference organizers shared with Bloomberg….
If un-diverse stuff goes in, then closed-minded, inside-the-box, not-very-good results come out,
https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/ ... s-problem/
knownunknown

Andrew Tate vs feminism

Post by knownunknown »

Saw this interview with piers Morgan and generally I like debates where people aren’t just shouting at each other.

Some tough topics which this guy addresses with brutal honesty, is he wrong or do you agree with what he says? Forget the title of the video the interview is interesting.

Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

It's Andrew Tate vs the Romanian courts now.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Excellent interview.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Yeah, I listened to that early this morning. What I like about Helen is she is just completely rational, logical, no-nonsense and frank. It's the mathematician in her! Good interview, especially if anyone needs a primer in the issues at stake. I honestly don't know what we would do without women like her telling this story.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

isha wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:29 pm Yeah, I listened to that early this morning. What I like about Helen is she is just completely rational, logical, no-nonsense and frank. It's the mathematician in her! Good interview, especially if anyone needs a primer in the issues at stake. I honestly don't know what we would do without women like her telling this story.
Exactly, she is a true actual feminist!

She'd wipe the floor in a debate with any of these regressive lefties..
Fratello
Verified Username

Post by Fratello »

Thanks for posting Bishop.
She said things were improving a bit which would give you hope.
PlaneSpeeking

Post by PlaneSpeeking »

Panti Bliss on Dancing With The "Stars" and going on about being part of the first same sex couple on the show.

So Rory's back to being a gay man ? I thought he'd gone down the rabbit hole with his links to the idiots in TENI and Panti was now a trans woman ?

Whatever suits eh ?
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:17 pm Panti Bliss on Dancing With The "Stars" and going on about being part of the first same sex couple on the show.

So Rory's back to being a gay man ? I thought he'd gone down the rabbit hole with his links to the idiots in TENI and Panti was now a trans ywoman ?

Whatever suits eh ?
The first thing Panti or any other man that wants to become a woman is chop off the penis. One way street, forget this online application to obey pretending to be a woman and like you said before trying to ride genuine young women.
PlaneSpeeking

Post by PlaneSpeeking »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:35 pm The first thing Panti or any other man that wants to become a woman is chop off the penis. One way street, forget this online application to obey pretending to be a woman and like you said before trying to ride genuine young women.
100% bang spot on.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:17 pm Panti Bliss on Dancing With The "Stars" and going on about being part of the first same sex couple on the show.

So Rory's back to being a gay man ? I thought he'd gone down the rabbit hole with his links to the idiots in TENI and Panti was now a trans woman ?

Whatever suits eh ?
It’s your own fault for watching dancing with the stars. :lol: The ideology is self admitted ‘whatever suits’: gender fluid they call it. I don’t care as long as no one compels me to call him something that differs from reality.

So simple… “ Gender fluidity refers to change over time in a person's gender expression or gender identity, or both. That change might be in expression, but not identity, or in identity, but not expression. Or both expression and identity might change together” :shock:
PlaneSpeeking

Post by PlaneSpeeking »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:37 pm It’s your own fault for watching dancing with the stars. :lol: The ideology is self admitted ‘whatever suits’: gender fluid they call it. I don’t care as long as no one compels me to call him something that differs from reality.

So simple… “ Gender fluidity refers to change over time in a person's gender expression or gender identity, or both. That change might be in expression, but not identity, or in identity, but not expression. Or both expression and identity might change together” :shock:
I saw Shane Byrne on it and read a bit more online lol!!!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This is a Bill going through the New York State Assembly.

I just don't know how any sane person can call this progress. It already happens here. At one point last year 3 of the people held in the 28 place women's prison in Limerick were male.

It's just when you see it written down - "person's self attested gender identity" - that it sounds so grotesque and weird.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I suspect that like the recently executed person in the USA many of those on prisons identifying as females are trying it on like Corporal Klinger from M*A*S*H.

'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

Mandatory cutting off genitalia would put a stop to 99% of the foolishness and the lgbqtybbhj5688 brigade will move on to another fetish.
You need to hit the problem square on.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:07 am I suspect that like the recently executed person in the USA many of those on prisons identifying as females are trying it on like Corporal Klinger from M*A*S*H.

Yes but Klinger was lovable. I've listened to interviews with former inmates of female prisons in America - the women are being raped by these self identifying men. Not always violently - sometimes they appease their cell mate to avoid violence erupting later on IE they do it to get it over with under psychological duress.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:16 am Mandatory cutting off genitalia would put a stop to 99% of the foolishness and the lgbqtybbhj5688 brigade will move on to another fetish.
You need to hit the problem square on.
I'm not in favour of that. I think no one should have a healthy functional part of their body damaged iatrogenically. Including children with dysphoria.

All that is needed is sense. Not cruel and unusual activity on either side.
Jack The Stripper

isha wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:26 am I'm not in favour of that. I think no one should have a healthy functional part of their body damaged iatrogenically. Including children with dysphoria.

All that is needed is sense. Not cruel and unusual activity on either side.
It’s very simple you can only play for one team. If you are a man and what to be a woman I would say that you don’t want your tool dangling along with you. I don’t think any woman wants a penis hanging off themselves.
Forget the dancing around the table.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Says the 20 something year old biological female that is going f*cking BALD !!

Complete clown world.