Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Poor old Borris - sinking ships leaving the rat!

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Poor old Borris - sinking ships leaving the rat!

Post by Del.Monte »

"Sinking ships leaving the Rat" according to Sir Keir Rodney Starmer KCB QC but who will replace Young Winston? A disloyal rabble in my opinion but the only thing that can save Borris now is if Putin does something really dangerous.
'no more blah blah blah'

Re: Poor old Borris - sinking ships leaving the rat!

Post by 95438756 »

Ah well, me own "tuppence":
Same as 'The ides of March" with George Clooney
We won't see Boris turn into a gooey mess on camera that's for sure, unlike poor Margaret Thatcher - she cracked up

I don't give a shit..
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Cometh the hour cometh the man eh? Not entirely sure Boris would hold it together under serious pressure though...

Post by 95438756 »

Disloyal rabble:

Same as a 6th year boys class here:
As a classmate You're fine with us as "The mascot"
But we'll drop you like a hot snot if we feel like it.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I don't care much for Boris Johnson. But the rest of them, from any and all UK parties, I may care even less for. I'm going to make a risky prediction which may be proved incorrect any second now - Johnson will pull through this particular hot snot dropping. ( I have to check Twitter just before I click submit on this post in case I'm already wrong. My powers of prophecy are pitiful when it comes to politics and sports.)
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

I read this on rte and it made me laugh for some reason.
”Up until now, senior cabinet members had maintained support through the by-election losses, partygate and a no-confidence vote supported by 41% of MPs who are thought to have been mainly backbenchers.”[….]

Despite all the times that Mr Johnson was accused of lying, what finally seems to have sealed his fate are accusations that his deputy chief whip kept groping and being generally inappropriate with young men.”
Kind of like how they finally got Capone for tax evasion :?

Post by 95438756 »

From Sean moncreiff in newtalk SIX more mp's have resigned now.

Boris's a gonner.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:36 pm From Sean moncreiff in newtalk SIX more mp's have resigned now.

Boris's a gonner.
I thought he’d survive the other scandals but there’s no way he survives this. Apparently Chris Pincher the groper(more of that nominative determinism!) was the one who saved him in the confidence vote.

Post by 6456739 »

The worst PM since Eden. Funny watching the bloated tumour squirm though....
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Ah Boris wasn't too bad as a bumbling comedic act. As a prime minister, completely incompetent
quodec

Post by quodec »

On a knife-edge. The Tory party is split down the middle. Squeaky bum time!! Might stay up late to follow this.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Thought he’d be gone by now maybe isha is onto something. Firing Gove and taking a defiant stance, how can he expect to run a government though, he literally has no one left.

Interesting that the erg group have now turned on him, despite Pincher being a registered member of that group. The ERG group and Pincher were the ones who’ve been saving him all year. They were the only ones in his corner when he appointed Pincher in February.

Seems to be an awful lot of hypocrisy by them to resign under Johnson’s leadership(Javid the first to go is also a member) when they would have worked with this guy for years known him inside and out, probably were the ones who pushed for Pincher to be whip.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Maybe he will call a snap election?
Maybe he would actually win the new election??
Because has anyone seen / heard Keir Starmer 👀

It would probably be better to put it to the people than have the constantly hysterical fourth estate decide all the things.

The choices available for citizenry to elect powerful people worldwide are dismal.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I hear he is resigning. My prophecy skills meet their usual mark re politics 👍
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Not quite yet. We shall fight them on the beaches etc...
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Standing down but continuing to serve as PM til October 😸 Nice trick.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

My worry now, if I were a British Citizen, would be whether Johnson has set a precedent that will be viewed as the norm for British Prime Ministers.
The next PM will have to be a version of the second coming to reinstate trust in dealings with the rest of Europe and the World and I certainly can't see that in the current Tory front bench.
Johnson and the rest of his government have done irreparable damage to the image of the UK, it's a long road back.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:26 am Standing down but continuing to serve as PM til October 😸 Nice trick.
So still time to be saved by Loony Tunes Putin and his band of Nazi thugs.
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

isha wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:26 am Standing down but continuing to serve as PM til October 😸 Nice trick.
I don't think that's going to happen somehow. Tories, after defending the indefensible for so long, now want him gone, post haste

Post by 6456739 »

marhay70 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:28 am My worry now, if I were a British Citizen, would be whether Johnson has set a precedent that will be viewed as the norm for British Prime Ministers.
The next PM will have to be a version of the second coming to reinstate trust in dealings with the rest of Europe and the World and I certainly can't see that in the current Tory front bench.
Johnson and the rest of his government have done irreparable damage to the image of the UK, it's a long road back.
Not going to happen unless it's Jeremy Hunt and maybe not even then. He's stuff his cabinet with loyal creatures who are devoid of ability so thus can not threaten him. It worked until it became obvious the party would lose the next election. Meanwhile, the party has haemhorraged talented MP's like Dominic Grieve and Rory Stewart.

Rows over the protocol will be the new normal and the DUP will remain too stupid to see this.

Thank f*ck I'm an EU citizen.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Ya gotta admit: when the Brits are at it again, they can sometimes go at it in a spectacular fashion! :mrgreen:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

There's no such thing as an "EU citizen". FFS.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:51 am There's no such thing as an "EU citizen". FFS.
As you say: FFS ... :roll:

Only the most ardent Eurosceptics take offence at the term "EU citizen" being used as shorthand for the phrase "a citizen of an EU member state, enjoying all the freedoms and advantages that such citizenship offers in each of the other member states".

:roll:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

In any case, "poor old Borris" (sic) 's goose is cooked, and he's off. No doubt to start peeling the gold wallpaper off the living room walls ...