Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Can anyone explain this to me?

The burning issues of the day
marhay70

Can anyone explain this to me?

Post by marhay70 »

Genuinely, I am baffled by this.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/c ... 65543.html

This is a guy who has a history of violence and sexual assault and convictions in two other EU countries, nothing was said in mitigation, he continues to protest his innocence in spite of conclusive evidence.
In spite of all this, the learned Judge decides to suspend over one third of his sentence. Now I know this is not the same as shortening his sentence, but did the Judge consider that the sentence handed down was too severe? I certainly don't.
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Can anyone explain this to me?

Post by kadman »

We let every breed of scumbag into our country without any form of vetting going on at all, and continue to do so. This bastard should be horsewhipped every day for the rest of his SHORT sentence. Thats the criminal part we commit....sentences that dont fit the crime. Too short. She is serving a life sentence, so should he.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Absolute fukkin bastard. Honestly I just think rapist pricks like this piece of excrement should be given 30 year sentences with hard labour, no parole, and a hiding every day of their sentence. What he did to that girl was dreadful and has blighted her life.
But he is only one of a fair number of rapist pricks and I would cheerfully hang them all. There's not a word strong enough to describe how much I hate these animals.
Sorry I read that now, but I have read other stuff similar recently. Isn't there some girl who was viciously sexually assaulted in Monasterevin recently, and that prick was out on bail for violent assaults and she has had to go into hiding because he might track her down. Fecken bullet in the head would be too good for him. Sorry to be so het up, I have just no mercy for these monsters who violate and ruin people's lives.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 95438756 »

Yes, 1 of a number of rapist pricks.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

My biggest concern was how the (female) Judge saw any mitigation in this. The reports of the attack were horrendous, no credible defence was offered. His history was of violent rape and assault over many years. How did it even enter her head that this guy would be fit to re-enter society in as little as 5 years? There wasn't even a recommendation to deport. Something is very wrong in our judicial system.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

At the risk of being dubbed a racist - again - this is one of the worst aspects about the whole EU 'project' where worthless scum are free to wander though the member states with no checking on them when they arrive here. Any non-Irish citizen entering the country should be required to present a passport at the point of entry and if this leads to queues then more immigration staff need to be taken on. Will it happen, no, because the EU is one big horrible nightmare.
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:36 pm At the risk of being dubbed a racist - again - this is one of the worst aspects about the whole EU 'project' where worthless scum are free to wander though the member states with no checking on them when they arrive here. Any non-Irish citizen entering the country should be required to present a passport at the point of entry and if this leads to queues then more immigration staff need to be taken on. Will it happen, no, because the EU is one big horrible nightmare.
That thought doesn't make you a racist, it makes you a realist. Realistically we need to be checking everybody coming into our country. And those that commit crimes in our country need to be fucked out en masse. End of rant.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I was told before that "borders are violence"

That person has pronouns in their Twitter bio and hates Love Thy Neighbour (70s ITV sitcom)
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:36 pm At the risk of being dubbed a racist - again - this is one of the worst aspects about the whole EU 'project' where worthless scum are free to wander though the member states with no checking on them when they arrive here.
And that is one of the persistent myths about "the whole EU 'project' " when in fact it is entirely within the scope of the Irish government (as it was for the British) to check these things. But they don't.

The French do, all the time. The Germans do too. I doubt you'll find any two countries more fully involved in "the whole EU 'project' than those two, but why let facts get in the way of a good misconception.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Are checks even useful? Surely from some countries they are but why would you trust checks coming from a country that is ranked among the most corrupt in the world? Surely it’s a simple matter to get your record deleted or create an entirely new one, a bit of money can get anything done.

I thought there was free movement of people once they entered the Schengen area, did things change?
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Fingerprinting, biometric passport requirement on entry and a centralised EU register for all criminal convictions should be hard and fast requirements.

If I got my hands on that bastard someone would need to dig a deep hole to finish what I’d start. I’d kick the last breath out of him. Horrible to think that way but it’s not like it can happen today anyway. At least in times past he’d have been dealt with by other men somewhere along the road. Now we just have to watch while the courts let them walk away after a few short years.

That judge should be ashamed of herself. I’ve never understood suspending any part of a sentence for violent or sexual offenders. Rehabilitation should be secondary to a just punishment for the crime. This little prick got off easy, then she made it even easier for him.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

CelticRambler wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:41 pm And that is one of the persistent myths about "the whole EU 'project' " when in fact it is entirely within the scope of the Irish government (as it was for the British) to check these things. But they don't.

The French do, all the time. The Germans do too. I doubt you'll find any two countries more fully involved in "the whole EU 'project' than those two, but why let facts get in the way of a good misconception.
Thanks, how about a link to support your point? My point is that I am against people's ability to relocate anywhere they choose within the EU without any checks - even for a holiday. Criminal record appears at point of entry check and back you go to where you came from - at your own expense. Incidentally, I am just as much annoyed by our scumbag drug lords having the ability to travel from Ireland to anywhere else with impunity. I'm obviously just a racist/fascist with no understanding of the EU 'project' and sorry for my misconception.
'no more blah blah blah'