Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

TFI/CIE/IRISH RAIL AND EAMON RYAN ALL PAST THEIR SELL BY DATE

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

TFI/CIE/IRISH RAIL AND EAMON RYAN ALL PAST THEIR SELL BY DATE

Post by Del.Monte »

Róisín Ingle: No tea, no air con, no seat booking — another shambolic day on Irish Rail
I’d be mortified if I ran Iarnród Éireann. Mortified into action. And I wouldn’t stop until all the unforced errors had been sorted.
https://www.irishtimes.com/life-style/p ... rish-rail/

and more horror stories on "Liveline" today....

Your thoughts?
'no more blah blah blah'

Re: TFI/CIE/IRISH RAIL AND EAMON RYAN ALL PAST THEIR SELL BY DATE

Post by 95438756 »

Looks like one of my thread titles, Del.
I feel that the broken wheel cie logo is being quietly buried.
Barry Kennys Job responsibility is expanded to or mudguard.
But yeah.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:45 pm Róisín Ingle: No tea, no air con, no seat booking — another shambolic day on Irish Rail
I’d be mortified if I ran Iarnród Éireann. Mortified into action. And I wouldn’t stop until all the unforced errors had been sorted.
https://www.irishtimes.com/life-style/p ... rish-rail/

and more horror stories on "Liveline" today....

Your thoughts?
That is a fabulous article and sadly very true! I've been using the bus lately to get down the country as even though it is a bit longer it's reliable, cheaper and gets me bang in the city as opposed to needing to travel to Houston.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

If you want to know how bad IE is, look at the recruitment process for train drivers. I've a friend who is "on the panel" for driver training. He can be called for driver training, or may not be called at all. He's on the panel for two years before he's removed from the panel and the selection process started over 2 years ago. It could be 4 years from starting the selection process to start of training

Now, that shows what's wrong with Irish Rail.......

Post by 95438756 »

^^^^ Irish Rail have had that process since it superceded
Steam Engine Boiler Cleaner > CoalTender fireman. > Guard > Train Driver of steam engine. Not cushy at all. Open cab. Mind that miscreant fireman!!
Around 1961.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Dopey Eamon on with Pat this morning and a listener says "why would anybody switch to public transport and goes on to say that he has witnessed general scumbaggery, drug taking etc. on the Luas, DART and Intercity?" - Eamon's reply avoided that point completely and just repeats all the 'wonderful' investment coming including new railcars, battery powered things etc.etc. Pat the plank says it would be a matter for the minister for Justice...
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Apparently, there were emails from listeners that Pat says he might come back to if there's time - fat chance - much more important to have his music spot followed by the Friday Forum. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh look, it's Midday and Pat didn't have time to read out anything from listeners who were commenting on his pal Eamon.
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:30 am Dopey Eamon on with Pat this morning and a listener says "why would anybody switch to public transport and goes on to say that he has witnessed general scumbaggery, drug taking etc. on the Luas, DART and Intercity?" - Eamon's reply avoided that point completely and just repeats all the 'wonderful' investment coming including new railcars, battery powered things etc.etc. Pat the plank says it would be a matter for the minister for Justice...
I have to say, as soon as I hear the name Eamonn Ryan I hit the off switch automatically. I can't bear to listen to him with all his self righteous smarmery. " But Eamonn, there's no gas and no oil and no electricity this winter, people will freeze to death" : Eamonn "the multicoloured swan tailed, cockeyed butterfly moth is an endangered species. There's only seven hundred million of them left in that quarter acre of bog beside Hickey's farm in Tullamore, therefore turf cutting on the whole island must stop immediately" "It's not cold in Ireland in the winter, my office in Leinster House is always toasty"
I'm always afraid if I meet the smarmy prick on the street, I'll smack him in the mouth and end up in the nick. Still, it might be worth it.