Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Romance Fraud Convictions

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Romance Fraud Convictions

Post by Del.Monte »

I see three Irish (?) citizens sentenced for Romance Fraud today: https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2022/072 ... ers-trial/ have 'new' Irish/non-nationals replaced travellers in the prison representation stakes? I note our ever vigilant media have not reported the backgrounds of these three charmers..

'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Re: Romance Fraud Convictions

Post by isha »

Grateful to be very safe from this kind of crime! They would be able to get about 75 cents out of my bank account, not €282,000 like this one had available for her toy boy(s). Phew. Counting my blessings. 8-)
To be honest now, she sounds a bit silly. what was she thinking. I was friendly once upon a time with a young Serbian gigolo (platonic relationship) and the older ladies were unbelievably stupid when it comes to handsome young men.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:37 pm Grateful to be very safe from this kind of crime! They would be able to get about 75 cents out of my bank account, not €282,000 like this one had available for her toy boy(s). Phew. Counting my blessings. 8-)
To be honest now, she sounds a bit silly. what was she thinking. I was friendly once upon a time with a young Serbian gigolo (platonic relationship) and the older ladies were unbelievably stupid when it comes to handsome young men.
I was on holiday in Tunisia once and got the full smarmy treatment from one of these charmers - vile.

Told h to feck right off - mainly for calling me “my beautiful English lady!” whilst I was wearing a Keane 6 replica Irish soccer jersey. Plum!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Just a twist on the 419 scam. I spent 10 years or so scambaiting these arseholes back in the day. https://www.419eater.com/ will give anyone unfamiliar the full rundown on what that is and how it works.

Those fellas and the gangs [back in insert whichever country along the west coast of xxxxxx you want] are really despicable people. They ruin lives all over the world, every single day. 20 years on from my first encounter with one, they still boil my f'n blood thinking about them. Some of the worst people on the planet.

You'd have to wonder though, how is it that someone's smart enough and hard working enough to have a career and retire with a decent enough nest-egg, and then feckin' stupid enough to give it all away to some made up person on PoF. In this day and age I mean. 20 years back, there were plenty of people who'd never heard of such a scam, but now??? The mind boggles.

https://nigeriana.news/3-nigerian-men-b ... -scam.html

3 Nigerians, with Irish citizenship. I'd like to see citizenship stripped and deportation on release, given the financial loss of the victim in this series of crimes. Nothing to do with where anyone's come from, but if you're a bad immigrant, you're a bad immigrant and we don't want you. Deportation should be a consequence of this kind of crap.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Every day is a school day. Himself has just told me it's well known that older European women go to Africa, places like Ghana, Gambia, Kenya, and pay young African men for a holiday romance. I never heard about that! It's the female equivalent of males going off to the far East for sex tourism. He even mentions a friend of his, who I kind of know too, who told him about a nice young man she had for her holidays! 👀 I swear so much happens under my very nose that I have not a clue about. Anyway that's the craic.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I see one of those sentenced has a Linkedin profile and is listed as currently employed by a company that was wound up in 2019. Also references to various university degrees....I can't be bothered to check out the others.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:20 am Also references to various university degrees....
Acquired through a degree mill.