Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

IMMIGRATION OUT OF CONTROL

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: IMMIGRATION OUT OF CONTROL

Post by isha »

Referenda may come later in the scenario. We are only at the beginning of the population engineering in this country now. Wait another while and it will necessitate right wing leaning governments with all the crap that entails before we do what other previously extremely open countries like Sweden and Denmark are doing ie call a sane halt to uncontrolled economic migration.

But for now left wing parties have invested too much into calling anyone who dares to say a word a racist, a bigot, an Islamophobe, a fascist, etc etc etc - and so they can't be seen to entertain any debate. Therefore we have to go through the same cycle of other places that have virtuously embraced unlimited immigration.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
KHD

Post by KHD »

isha wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:22 am Referenda may come later in the scenario. We are only at the beginning of the population engineering in this country now. Wait another while and it will necessitate right wing leaning governments with all the crap that entails before we do what other previously extremely open countries like Sweden and Denmark are doing ie call a sane halt to uncontrolled economic migration.

But for now left wing parties have invested too much into calling anyone who dares to say a word a racist, a bigot, an Islamophobe, a fascist, etc etc etc - and so they can't be seen to entertain any debate. Therefore we have to go through the same cycle of other places that have virtuously embraced unlimited immigration.
It's funny both the neo cons and the lefties are all up to their neck in all of this, wars are started, regimes being overthrown by whatever means is possible, people then fck off out of the country and flood neighbouring countries, the lefties and liberals will then welcome everyone with open arms As I said before like a broken record at this stage :D Different sides of the same coin. Billions made and ordinary people left with the consequences.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's not just about wars. Cheap labour is a factor.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

KHD wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:55 am 5% of so called Ukrainians are Ukrainian ? What about the other 95% what are they, Polish Albanians ?

You have to be trolling coming out with bullshit like that, you can't be that fckin barmy.
I’ll give you 1/10 for that rant. I don’t know what their nationality is but those stats stating they are Ukrainian are incorrect.
Keep buying the Tipperary flags and Slava Ukraine.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:58 am I’ll give you 1/10 for that rant. I don’t know what their nationality is but those stats stating they are Ukrainian are incorrect.
Keep buying the Tipperary flags and Slava Ukraine.
So you have no evidence whatsoever and are just making sh1t up ?

I'm Pro Russian by the way, if you haven't figured it out already so you can stick your Tipperary flag up your ass. No offence meant to any Tipperary people that may be members obviously.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

KHD wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:15 pm So you have no evidence whatsoever and are just making sh1t up ?

I'm Pro Russian by the way, if you haven't figured it out already so you can stick your Tipperary flag up your ass. No offence meant to any Tipperary people that may be members obviously.
I lived in Cahir for some years, does that count? :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's a long way to Tipperary from where I am, if that helps.
It's a long way to go.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:14 pm I lived in Cahir for some years, does that count? :mrgreen:
Well I have an affinity with Cashel due to the fact that Mother Hubbards do a nice full Irish so can't really fault the county :D
KHD

Post by KHD »

isha wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:21 pm It's a long way to Tipperary from where I am, if that helps.
It's a long way to go.
Thank you for putting that song in my head now for the rest of the day. You truly are a kind spirit.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

No worries, KHD
I don't want a lot for Christmas ... 🎶🎵
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Setanta wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:29 am Would what happened in Killarney not be an inevitable consequence of the way direct provision is run here

Locking folks up in confined environment,treating awlfully with no realistic hope of ever moving out/improving their lives,will eventually cause conflict and resentment build up and up.....the sucide rates in direct provision are pure high,it would seem inevitable to me,folks there would end up murdering (assaulting/abusing etc aswell) one and other in em.....bit surprising it hasnt flared up before now tbh
Then they should be fcked off home at the first instance.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Jack The Stripper

KHD wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:15 pm So you have no evidence whatsoever and are just making sh1t up ?

I’m not i am basing my facts on what I am seeing in my community and others around me. You are just laying links from the interweb.
You seem very strung, keep your anal interests to yourself.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:15 pm I’m not i am basing my facts on what I am seeing in my community and others around me. You are just laying links from the interweb.
You seem very strung, keep your anal interests to yourself.
:lol:
Jack The Stripper

KHD wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:26 pm:lol:
I would suggest you get off the bus.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Piece on the "Hard Shoulder" this evening with all the usual stuff but the lady being interviewed let the cat out of the bag by accident when she said that Ireland is changing and we better get used to it - paraphrased. She answered her own complaint about Irish racism and all you have to do is look at the UK and Europe to see the future but it will be worse here as we have gone from an almost monoculture to a multicutural society overnight.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Can somebody put me straight on this - according to "Drivetime" seven International Asylum Seekers (males apparently) have not been offered State accommodation and are probably going to have to sleep rough. All very sad but do these people just disembark at Dublin airport and wander off into the country - if this is the case why have any immigration controls whatsoever?

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/01 ... ansit-hub/
'no more blah blah blah'
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

So much to unpack here:

Our government defending the fact that we can't take anymore.
https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/edu ... te_digest
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:11 pm Can somebody put me straight on this - according to "Drivetime" seven International Asylum Seekers (males apparently) have not been offered State accommodation and are probably going to have to sleep rough. All very sad but do these people just disembark at Dublin airport and wander off into the country - if this is the case why have any immigration controls whatsoever?

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/01 ... ansit-hub/
Lucky Khambule? He can go fck right off for one thing - asylum seekers should be by the very definition be seeking asylum, not freeloaders!!

Let them sleep on the streets or fck off home.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Questions to be answered here,are the government using refugees as pawns to tear poorer communities apart......some evidence emerging to suggest so
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Mirabeau wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:11 pm So much to unpack here:

Our government defending the fact that we can't take anymore.
https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/edu ... te_digest
This is the bit I don't get. Why do we even have to 'defend' our position? Is it the assertion of the UN that every developed country must have sufficient resources to house absolutely any asylum seeker that arrives to their country? Do they honestly think that a country like Ireland can take an unpredictable and massively rising number of refugees regardless the reality of infrastructure?

Who the f**k are these people and who empowered them to oblige countries to achieve the impossible? There seem to be an expectation that we can magic houses into existence overnight.

Why can countries like America, Canada, and Australia impose barriers to this without any sanction or comment?

Surely the UN has realised that the current levels of migration from Africa and the Middle east are completely unsustainable. It's time to put in the work with the various countries to ensure that these folks don't actually have to leave.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The whole thing is absolutely crackers with the number of new housing units (horrible description) needed per year being put at 40,000/60,000 and the population to jump from circa 5 million to 6/7 million. It would really make one think that conspiracy theorists who talk about the great replacement may be onto something.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Well, whatever else, all this incoming very much suits the multinational corporations advertising their shyte jobs on Indeed dot ie that have you enslaved on their premises from 7 am (night shift every certain number of weeks obligatory part of the contract) at 12 euros per hour.
KHD

Post by KHD »

isha wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:43 am Well, whatever else, all this incoming very much suits the multinational corporations advertising their shyte jobs on Indeed dot ie that have you enslaved on their premises from 7 am (night shift every certain number of weeks obligatory part of the contract) at 12 euros per hour.
Keelings just popped into my head there. They must be chuffed with the cheap labour opertunities that will be presented in all of this.

*The hatred I have for them shower of tight fookers is on a par with the hatred i have for the DAA* :mrgreen:
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Keelings and every contract cleaning company in Ireland.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Not just them. Last year I barely got out with my sanity intact from one of our much vaunted medical/pharma conglomerates where I worked on the floor for 12 euro per hour with lots of good people from many countries in a grinding circumstance that made me genuinely feel despair. So much of this influx is about fat cats in boardrooms wanting to keep wages right down so they can show the mega rich investors excellent balance sheets.