Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

IMMIGRATION OUT OF CONTROL

The burning issues of the day
Jack The Stripper

Re: IMMIGRATION OUT OF CONTROL

Post by Jack The Stripper »

KHD wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:59 pm And another thing who do you think picks your fruit and veg that you get in the supermarkets ? The fookin immigrants... would an Irish person go out in a field and cut cabbage ? And don't give me that crap about oh Irish people can do this... if that was the case you'd be paying treble what your paying at the moment in the supermarket for your Christmas sprouts. This same argument was made in the UK, you look how that ended up when they couldn't get the immigrants to harvest their food in the fields... crops had to be ploughed back into the ground.
I grown my own veg and I’m Irish. I pick my own vegetables. You need to steady your compass.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:05 pm I grown my own veg and I’m Irish. I pick my own vegetables. You need to steady your compass.
Glad to hear that.
Last edited by KHD on Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Anyway I'm off to bed. Just thinking imagine we were on boards... we'd both be banned by now. Good that we have an outlet to fent. Good night.

Following users are banned

Jack the Stripper
KHD

Do not post in this thread again

Helmut head.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

KHD wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:14 pm Anyway I'm off to bed. Just thinking imagine we were on boards... we'd both be banned by now. Good that we have an outlet to fent. Good night.

Following users are banned

Jack the Stripper
KHD

Do not post in this thread again

Helmut head.
If we were on planks you’d be slagging off his vegetables right now. :lol:
KHD

Post by KHD »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:21 pm If we were on planks you’d be slagging off his vegetables right now. :lol:
You never slag off a man's vegetables Known, did you not read the spats myself and CR had over his lousy tomato crops in the Gardening threads ?????
Jack The Stripper

Debate is healthy. This idea of puffy clouds, daisys, flowing meadows of grass is not going to happen with what is going on. Look at Sweden for instance.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:29 pm Debate is healthy. This idea of puffy clouds, daisys, flowing meadows of grass is not going to happen with what is going on. Look at Sweden for instance.
I do agree that Sweden is a disaster, and there will be political unrest in many European countries and there already is that is not been aired by the mainstream media. It will get alot worse in the coming months.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:29 pm Debate is healthy. This idea of puffy clouds, daisys, flowing meadows of grass is not going to happen with what is going on. Look at Sweden for instance.
Often people quote the US as a failure of ‘multiculturalism’ but they are actually the best at it. No where else can you find generations of Irish, German, Indian, African, English, etc.. immigrants who now call themselves American and are accepted as such.

You can’t increase your population by 10% plus of people from completely foreign cultures that barely speak the language, stick them into ghettos and expect everything to be rosey. It’s a ticking time bomb.

I don’t like the idea of relying on cheap labour for business to exist and without immigrants maybe we would and should be all paying 3 times more for vegetables. It would mean there’s more money circulating in the economy (better for everyone) not going to some share holders from a massive multinational company. The spending power of the minimum wage is ridiculously below the poverty line.

The big companies are rubbing their hands with glee with these kinds of immigration policies.
Jack The Stripper

Even if the importation of social migrants was throttled back the problems would still happen but at a slower pace.
All we have is property developers doing up any class of a building, import a bus load of them from London and make massive amounts of money from their buddies in the government.
These ex convicts have no single intention of integrating in our society. People need to stop binge watching reruns of the Walton’s and see what’s going on. Rape and pillage is all they are interested in.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

You have no idea if the people coming in are bad people. Or what they are interested in.

My hope and belief is that most are good people.

Along with holding that belief I observe the statistical analysis on rape in Sweden and know there is over representation among foreign born people.

We have to be able to have an appropriate conversation about demographic changes without resorting to calling people racist or calling immigrants rapists. Both those responses are irrational.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Jack The Stripper

I respect your naivety of this or denial perhaps. Why are these buildings being converted in the quiet the public let to believe it’s women and children from Ukraine and then in the middle of the night it’s a bus of males?
Why aren’t the government getting pro active in integrating them with public fluffy clouds and open air integration parties?
I’ll tell you why because it’s now a business, it stinks and stinks for a reason.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

No, I think there's a problem with massive, facilitated demographic change. I think there's a problem with cultural clashes and idiotic cultural relativism. I think people have the ground to be proud of their home country and to have a voice in what happens to it. We are not yet set up to be groovy planeteers.

I also think we should willingly and enthusiastically help those in need of refuge. We should leave ourselves in a position to properly look after refugees.

We should remake the distinction between refugees and economic migrants and set up a well regulated system to intake economic migrants wanting to work etc as per needs arising in our economy.

Anyone turning up having destroyed their documents between boarding a plane and disembarking at immigration control should be sent back automatically.

I also think we should not call people we don't know rapists and scroungers. It's horrible.

I think immigrants who commit crime should be deported.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:42 pm I respect your naivety of this or denial perhaps. Why are these buildings being converted in the quiet the public let to believe it’s women and children from Ukraine and then in the middle of the night it’s a bus of males?
Why aren’t the government getting pro active in integrating them with public fluffy clouds and open air integration parties?
I’ll tell you why because it’s now a business, it stinks and stinks for a reason.
It's a business,and the most scummy one going,(will eventually end up a scandal and compensation being paid out similar to industrial schools and Magdalene laundries,and destroy the 2 big parties here long term)

but with greatest of respects,yous objections and protests are misguided,it's not those blokes or refugees being locked up in em at fault,irelands direct provision isn't something I'd wish on my worst enemy,it's the government and media which let it go on,under guise of humanitarianism.....it's profiteering off backs of weakest and those with no political voice to advocate for themselves....the political/media establishment here is pure scum
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Jack The Stripper

Setanta wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:23 pm It's a business,and the most scummy one going,(will eventually end up a scandal and compensation being paid out similar to industrial schools and Magdalene laundries,and destroy the 2 big parties here long term)

but with greatest of respects,yous objections and protests are misguided,it's not those blokes or refugees being locked up in em at fault,irelands direct provision isn't something I'd wish on my worst enemy,it's the government and media which let it go on,under guise of humanitarianism.....it's profiteering off backs of weakest and those with no political voice to advocate for themselves....the political/media establishment here is pure scum
What protests and objections that you say I have said are misguided?
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

What can one do about it though?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Mirabeau wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:22 pm What can one do about it though?

Sadly, nothing, unless you want to be dubbed a racist. To me it's not about colour, it's more to do with numbers on our small island which can't even look after its own people. To compare Irish emigration to a huge country like the USA with huge numbers coming from all over into a small country like Ireland is nonsense but you can't say that.

I want to know how people here are going to feel when 20%+ of our public representatives are 'new' Irish - I have no problem saying now that I won't like it but that's the next logical step with quotas for everything these days. Look at the UK and they have had since the end of WW.II. to get used to the idea whereas we've done it virtually overnight.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/re ... s/sn01156/
'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

Mirabeau wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:22 pm What can one do about it though?
I asked a poster and also is open to anyone to answer in post 86. That poster never addressed my questions.
This is the problem, no one wants to talk about the elephant in the room. Look at the ignorance mattie magrath is getting in the Dail.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:38 pm I asked a poster and also is open to anyone to answer in post 86. That poster never addressed my questions.
This is the problem, no one wants to talk about the elephant in the room. Look at the ignorance mattie magrath is getting in the Dail.
With typical arrogance, our new gentry expect it will go away.
Its the same arrogance that doesn't think it important to engage with the East Wall protesters.
The same arrogance you see in the EU parliament when someone doesn't bow and scrap.
The people are caught all sides.
Jack The Stripper

Mirabeau wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:02 pm With typical arrogance, our new gentry expect it will go away.
Its the same arrogance that doesn't think it important to engage with the East Wall protesters.
The same arrogance you see in the EU parliament when someone doesn't bow and scrap.
The people are caught all sides.
East wall is the all Ireland final of what will happen. They won’t go down without a fight and by God they haven’t even warmed up yet.
Who is Leo to say you can’t dictate who lives in your community, start putting plantations into your own community first before you try and brain wash everyone.
Jack The Stripper

To be crystal clear and to copper fasten this what is happening in this country is not a genuine asylum process. We possibly had it years ago, it’s now a business.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:30 pm To be crystal clear and to copper fasten this what is happening in this country is not a genuine asylum process. We possibly had it years ago, it’s now a business.
The NGOs want shooting!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Jack The Stripper

The refugee council of Ireland is on the news this morning pleading the immediate removal of 70 women and children because of serious concerns living with other adults.
The dog on the street knows what’s happening in that building, would he just not start talking the truth and there would be a better chance of innocent children of their removal.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:10 am The refugee council of Ireland is on the news this morning pleading the immediate removal of 70 women and children because of serious concerns living with other adults.
The dog on the street knows what’s happening in that building, would he just not start talking the truth and there would be a better chance of innocent children of their removal.
Link to article. Something fooked up there that they won't give details on.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/1219/13426 ... e-council/
Jack The Stripper

KHD wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:15 am Link to article. Something fooked up there that they won't give details on.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/1219/13426 ... e-council/
He can reap what he has sown now.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

But, but how will City West Hotel survive if the immigrants are removed? Judging from Trip Advisor they don't seem to be much of a hotel even for paying guests. https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review ... ublin.html
'no more blah blah blah'