Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Home Defense

The burning issues of the day
knownunknown

Re: Home Defense

Post by knownunknown »

He got a low sentence because he was a child, it would have been 7 years otherwise. The facts that are available in this case don’t seem to warrant the sentence. Even if Kerrie had said some sort of hate speech to Power this still doesn’t warrant him attacking a minor and his mother in the middle of the night.

There’s something gravely wrong here.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I know I've had two attempted burglaries at home. First was a car parking right against the wall outside the gate at about 1 in the morning. I only spotted it as I was up late (watching a film) and saw the manouvers of the car. I went down to them and got plenty of excuses (punctures, broken down, etc). They moved when I shouted that there's a load going out of here at 5:30 in the morning and if it's still there, it'll be shoved into the road. I went to the Garda Station the following day with the car reg no. The Garda told us the car was linked to a gang of house burglers.

The second I found out then the electric gates started doing funny things when opening/closing. When the guys came out to fix them, they spotted some stripped gear wheels in the mechanism. The gears only break when the gates are forced by a vehicle.

The way I look at it is to be more awkward than the neighbors. I've walls, electric gates, lights on timers and PIR's etc. I never keep cars at the front of the house and I'm getting cameras put in shortly
KHD

Post by KHD »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:41 pm The way I look at it is to be more awkward than the neighbors. I've walls, electric gates, lights on timers and PIR's etc. I never keep cars at the front of the house and I'm getting cameras put in shortly
I had that thought myself a few weeks ago. Neighbours up the road have no gates so I'd be hoping they would pick them over my little fort knox setup. I'll be getting cameras too but will be more interested in seeing what animals and other night creatures are roaming about the back at night time. :mrgreen:
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

He should get another three-and-a-half years for that haircut.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:41 pm I know I've had two attempted burglaries at home. First was a car parking right against the wall outside the gate at about 1 in the morning. I only spotted it as I was up late (watching a film) and saw the manouvers of the car. I went down to them and got plenty of excuses (punctures, broken down, etc). They moved when I shouted that there's a load going out of here at 5:30 in the morning and if it's still there, it'll be shoved into the road. I went to the Garda Station the following day with the car reg no. The Garda told us the car was linked to a gang of house burglers.

The second I found out then the electric gates started doing funny things when opening/closing. When the guys came out to fix them, they spotted some stripped gear wheels in the mechanism. The gears only break when the gates are forced by a vehicle.

The way I look at it is to be more awkward than the neighbors. I've walls, electric gates, lights on timers and PIR's etc. I never keep cars at the front of the house and I'm getting cameras put in shortly

So what the fek were the guards doing about the car when they got the reg. presumably nothing, as it was still casing targets
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

A dead man can’t tell anyone he didn’t have that kitchen knife in his hand before his expiration.

And a dead intruder with a knife in his hand would go a long way to explaining why he got a bang in the head with a 20oz hammer. There’s always a few toolboxes in this house, nothing odd about a man having a hammer in his home after all.