Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Dublintown.ie is a bad joke - there's a surprise then.

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Dublintown.ie is a bad joke - there's a surprise then.

Post by Del.Monte »

https://www.dublintown.ie/

Dublin retailer on the "Last Word" on this evening calling out the sham nonsense that is the Dublin Town organisation but Hazel Chu, Green Party councillor, and former Lord Mayor, thinks everything is okay and more facilities for scumbags is the answer. Apparently the Gardai are going to start policing O'Connell Street under some new plan the name of which I have already forgotten..and so it goes on. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Mirabeau

Re: Dublintown.ie is a bad joke - there's a surprise then.

Post by Mirabeau »

What is the sham nonsense Dublin Town are engaged in?
I don't know.

Post by 95438756 »

honestly forgot what 'purple flag' was all about. Vaguely remember having heard about it 2 years ago.
I give this site 2 years tops. Maybe updated regularly for the next 3 months and then allowed to fester....
Dublin Town Gift Vouchers?? .... Stay well away. The same as the famous Dundrum Shopping Mall Vouchers - Spend them straight away or have them loose 10% value every month.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Mirabeau wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:01 pm What is the sham nonsense Dublin Town are engaged in?
I don't know.
They have been leading the 'in denial' crowd who try and pretend that everything in City is tickety boo - nothing to see here - a bit like Repak and the recycling industry.
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:39 pm https://www.dublintown.ie/

Dublin retailer on the "Last Word" on this evening calling out the sham nonsense that is the Dublin Town organisation but Hazel Chu, Green Party councillor, and former Lord Mayor, thinks everything is okay and more facilities for scumbags is the answer. Apparently the Gardai are going to start policing O'Connell Street under some new plan the name of which I have already forgotten..and so it goes on. :roll:
So, a hundred years after the formation of the State we will police the main thoroughfare. Is this progress and how long will it last, will it be 24/7?
Pardon me if I sound sceptical but I have little faith in the powers that be in this country to get anything right when it comes to the protection of the community.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Well, on the phone, that website looks like something a bored 15 year old would knock together in an evening.....
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

That’s such a ‘user friendly’ site, you’d have the wonder if the Bored Meeejiuh people are behind it.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I reckon that video has been shown to the Cabinet and the Garda commissioner. Comprehensive tour of Dublin and not a junkie, scumbag, drug deal or assault in sight. Was it shot in the 1950s? I could travel to virually any one of those places and show the opposite, and i haven't lived there for more than twenty years.
The whole site is typical of an effort by the Civil Service to appear switched on. clued in and modern, not the 19th century dinosaur that it is.