Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
Hairy-Joe

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by Hairy-Joe »

OCP comes to mind reading that KHD...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Cleveland police are a UK police force serving in the North of England.
:? :roll:

I put in screenshots because I doubt it will last longer but if you want to check out this brain fart by the Uk cops
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
KHD

Post by KHD »

What's the story with furries Isha, is this some sort of cult ?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I don't know a huge amount about them. Someone else on Gubu may be more clued in. But I do know there is a sexual element. And people can have a problem with it because there are undoubtedly a high percentage of furries who include a kink element and at the same time furrydom is very attractive to children because of the aesthetic.

It started out with comics. But I think it's largely an online phenomenon where people who are sometimes shy or offbeat have been meeting up online with others eg Discord, and sometimes at conventions, and they feel less shy because they are in costumes.

I know there are at least stories of innocent nerdy types who just like to dress up, but from back in the beginnings of the gender identity stuff on Tumblr and other places there has always been a furries element that was more based in kink communities. I have read stories from different people who say they were groomed online as young gender confused adolescents in furry communities by much older people.

Observers sometimes comment that the communities are used as a way to attract younger people, even children. You sometimes see those people at Pride parade's with dog masks on and leashes - that is a facet of the furry thing - pup play. But mostly I think they like to go as wolves.

There's a huge art community based in furrydom and this really attracts young teens who can have whole portfolios based around furries. But undeniably a fair amount of the art is sexual. (I think - but I'm not sure - that there are links to the anime community.)

From the above police example, the sexual element is visible in my opinion, in the artwork the (allegedly) 14 years old girl submitted to the police to thank them. If that image was a young girl saying "thanks" to adult cops with such a picture, I think people would raise an eyebrow.

Anyway maybe someone else knows more or better.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Just I notice on the telly that there is an ad I think for dog food where this scary looking individual goes to her dogs "walkies" and then it turns to her dressed in a dog outfit running through a forest chasing her dogs. I find it weird.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

😳🥺
Don't know. Sounds weird!
Mr Daniel F. O'Leary

Post by Mr Daniel F. O'Leary »

Speaking of Furries, here's a YouTube video/documentary about a Furry convention that ended up being an utter disaster, and thus was never held again.

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I lvoe the accidental r

Police - "It's a lovely kids drawing, there is nothing to be inferred from this and no hidden meaning"
Artist - "THE FURRIES WILL RISE!!"

Perverts are grand, sure wouldn't I myself have the odd few foibles ?

But keep it to yourself cos no one cares!!!

When I was told recently that no one was bothered about hearing from gay men in their 70s, out before legalisation but we should hear from the "aro and kink communties". FRO people!!!

On that topic STOP calling the club where the recent shooting an LGBTQ+ club. It's a fecking gay bar - stop erasing perfectly normal people with your pronoun led identity bullshit.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Germany arrests 25 accused of plotting to overthrow the government even though they didn’t actually pose a risk or were involved in any violence. Includes a serving female judge and former service people and politicians. This BBC report likens them to Jan.6 and qanon. How easy it is to just tarnish people. It seems their biggest crime is not accepting the authority of the state. I’ve never heard of these guys but when the bbc is trying to smear them as vaccine deniers I start to think… but wait…

“Potentially a very violent group….. not imminent threat…..more arrests to come…they just don’t believe in legitimacy of modern Germany”- BBC

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Poor report really - they are a small radical group. Could have said that in one sentence.
'no more blah blah blah'
KHD

Post by KHD »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:48 pm Germany arrests 25 accused of plotting to overthrow the government even though they didn’t actually pose a risk or were involved in any violence. Includes a serving female judge and former service people and politicians. This BBC report likens them to Jan.6 and qanon. How easy it is to just tarnish people. It seems their biggest crime is not accepting the authority of the state. I’ve never heard of these guys but when the bbc is trying to smear them as vaccine deniers I start to think… but wait…

“Potentially a very violent group….. not imminent threat…..more arrests to come…they just don’t believe in legitimacy of modern
I think you are correct about this. Add in AFD and its clear that
Its a political stunt at discrediting you main opposition.

Edit, don't know where I got staining from. Changed to discrediting. :D
KHD

Post by KHD »

The more I hear of this story in Germany the more odd I find it. Why would they throw in anti vax activities in a serious plot to overthrow a government if its to be believed. This stunt could backfire on the German government if they are not careful.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

KHD wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:12 am The more I hear of this story in Germany the more odd I find it. Why would they throw in anti vax activities in a serious plot to overthrow a government if its to be believed. This stunt could backfire on the German government if they are not careful.
Nazis in Germany - surely not. My uncle served out there in the BAOR and claimed that he never met a single German that liked Hitler. :D
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

National Concert Hall to get a 78+ million euro refurb over the next 3 years.

Really....in the current climate......
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

kadman wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:09 pm National Concert Hall to get a 78+ million euro refurb over the next 3 years.

Really....in the current climate......
Unreal that such an elitist establishment should get this level of funding - meanwhile our National Transport Museum is in a hayshed at Howth. https://www.nch.ie/Online/default.asp?B ... ontext_id=

https://www.nationaltransportmuseum.ie/
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:20 pm Unreal that such an elitist establishment should get this level of funding - meanwhile our National Transport Museum is in a hayshed at Howth. https://www.nch.ie/Online/default.asp?B ... ontext_id=

https://www.nationaltransportmuseum.ie/
Ah yeah, but the toffs dont give a toss about a few old rusty buses dontcha know
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's early for a WTF moment, but with the way things are it may not be the only WTF of today. Sam Brinton, the deputy assistant secretary of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition in the Office of Nuclear Energy in the US, who was thus in charge of dealing with storing and handling of all the dangerous nuclear waste in America, was put on leave because recently they stole a ladies luggage from the carousel at an airport in Minnesota. At first they denied it, but with so much CCTV evidence they had to fess up.

Well, anyway, while on leave, Sam has just now been accused of stealing more ladies luggage, this time from an airport in Los Angeles. Note, this is a version of stealing ladies knickers off of clothes lines. Just the kind of responsible person one would love to have handling dangerous matters of national importance and consequence for future generations.

Anyhoo...here is the Deputy Assistant Secretary photographed recently with the US Assistant Secretary for Health 🙄

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Dear god, the World has really gone bonkers.
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

And this country is the global policeman...........here give me that nuclear football Joe, til I do a michael flatley on all the buttons.

Janey Mac :?
KHD

Post by KHD »

isha wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:54 am It's early for a WTF moment, but with the way things are it may not be the only WTF of today. Sam Brinton, the deputy assistant secretary of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition in the Office of Nuclear Energy in the US, who was thus in charge of dealing with storing and handling of all the dangerous nuclear waste in America, was put on leave because recently they stole a ladies luggage from the carousel at an airport in Minnesota. At first they denied it, but with so much CCTV evidence they had to fess up.

Well, anyway, while on leave, Sam has just now been accused of stealing more ladies luggage, this time from an airport in Los Angeles. Note, this is a version of stealing ladies knickers off of clothes lines. Just the kind of responsible person one would love to have handling dangerous matters of national importance and consequence for future generations.

Anyhoo...here is the Deputy Assistant Secretary photographed recently with the US Assistant Secretary for Health 🙄

Open and shut case apparently.

*Gets coat*
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/n ... 09387.html

Ireland's first openly gay woman in space, Why should anybody be remotely interested in her sexual preference and how is it in any way relevant to the newspaper article? In future can we look forward to articles such as "Irishman with larger than average penis sails round the world" or "Trans woman discovers cure for cancer", etc. What is the point of constantly highlighting people's sexuality? :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:20 am https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/n ... 09387.html

Ireland's first openly gay woman in space, Why should anybody be remotely interested in her sexual preference and how is it in any way relevant to the newspaper article? In future can we look forward to articles such as "Irishman with larger than average penis sails round the world" or "Trans woman discovers cure for cancer", etc. What is the point of constantly highlighting people's sexuality? :roll:
Well Saudi Arabia gave an AI robot Sophia citizenship back in 2017 :shock: :? :?
It was then that I thought the world had gone mad. Next thing you know my chickens could form a political party if crap like this keeps going on.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

A child in palliative care reaches his dream of getting 100k YouTube subscribers(with the help of Johnny Depp) only for YouTube to remove his channel just as he did so. It seems the channel is now back up and it was an error.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be more general wtf-ness in the media that one of the 14 Vice Presidents of the European Parliament, Greek MEP Eva Kaili, had bags of cash in her apartment and possibly also in a hotel room, hundreds of thousands of euros, paid to her, it is claimed, by Qatari government officials looking for prominent people to big up Qatar to the EU. Now her husband, an EU parliamentary assistant, says he would like to take the rap. Even if it was him, how did she go around her apartment or hotel room and not notice the bags of cash? Between the fragrant Ursula and her secret vaccine emails that can't be found and this lassie with her bags of bribes... how do these institutions still pretend to respectability?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:03 am I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be more general wtf-ness in the media that one of the 14 Vice Presidents of the European Parliament, Greek MEP Eva Kaili, had bags of cash in her apartment and possibly also in a hotel room, hundreds of thousands of euros, paid to her, it is claimed, by Qatari government officials looking for prominent people to big up Qatar to the EU. Now her husband, an EU parliamentary assistant, says he would like to take the rap. Even if it was him, how did she go around her apartment or hotel room and not notice the bags of cash? Between the fragrant Ursula and her secret vaccine emails that can't be found and this lassie with her bags of bribes... how do these institutions still pretend to respectability?
As Pee Flynn said on the Late Late Show many years ago, it's very expensive maintaining homes all over the place - what do you expect poor Eva to do? Anyway, the bags of money were just taking a rest in her hotel room.
'no more blah blah blah'