Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
jmayo

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by jmayo »

That's gas.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Conservative estimate of 4000 women being asked for sex by landlords in return for free or reduced rent in Ireland, mainly due to the lack of rental accommodation.
FFS. Dirty abusive bastards.

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations- ... m-renters/
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:43 am Conservative estimate of 4000 women being asked for sex by landlords in return for free or reduced rent in Ireland, mainly due to the lack of rental accommodation.
FFS. Dirty abusive bastards.

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations- ... m-renters/
Id it is rape to ask for sex in relation to a movie part - i.e. Weinstein - then it is surely rape to ask for sex to keep a roof over your head?
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

https://www.timesnownews.com/viral/japa ... 223779/amp

Remember when we asked where the 112 genders being indulged would end ????
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -plea.html

Utter scum and he should be jailed.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Early for it but wtf.

Autistic 14 years old girl with scoliosis remarks that a police officer looks like a lesbian like her Nan and this happens. Supposedly the girl committed homophobia. The implacable nastiness of the blond female cop here is unbelievable. I hope all these UK officers are sanctioned for this. Unbelievable. West Yorkshire apparently. Hate Speech....eh

Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Horrific and completely unnecessary treatment of a young girl, her parents kept an awful lot calmer than I would of.
That bit at the end where the blonde police officer is filmed standing off by herself, made me think for a second . . is this real?
It's like Ricky Gervais is directing the cameraman.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I thought they were incredibly restrained also. I would have been freaking out if it was my 14 years old. I'm going to try track down what happened fully with this story as to be honest it seems so over the top that I don't trust is it completely true. I put it in WTF rather than news because it is so weird. I have read the girl was detained for 20 hours but that really seems inconceivable so I will follow up if I hear
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

The expression on that policewoman's face at the end of the video said it all. Pure hatred; a venomous desire for some kind of revenge. And of course there's no chance she'll tackle a real misogynist or homophobe. Much easier to take out your frustrations on an autistic teenage girl.

There's only word for her that I usually reserve for special occasions; C_U_N_T
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

isha wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:58 am I thought they were incredibly restrained also. I would have been freaking out if it was my 14 years old. I'm going to try track down what happened fully with this story as to be honest it seems so over the top that I don't trust is it completely true. I put it in WTF rather than news because it is so weird. I have read the girl was detained for 20 hours but that really seems inconceivable so I will follow up if I hear
Did you find anything else out about this isha?
I searched online and couldn't find anything. Usually, some of the rags somewhere would jump allover a story like this.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Apelles wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:43 am Did you find anything else out about this isha?
I searched online and couldn't find anything. Usually, some of the rags somewhere would jump allover a story like this.
Not yet. Work is busy so not much chance. But I will follow up
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This is the extract from the daily mail story with the police account of incident
While that ongoing process and the active criminal investigation limit our ability to fully discuss the incident in detail, we feel it is important for people to have some context about the circumstances.

'From 12.12am on Monday, August 7, police received calls from a family member of a 16-year-old girl who was reportedly intoxicated and putting herself at risk in Leeds city centre.

'Officers attended at about 1am and drove the teenager to her home so she could be appropriately looked after.

Upon returning her to the address, comments were made which resulted in the girl being arrested on suspicion of a homophobic public order offence. The nature of the comments made was fully captured on body-worn video.

'When the girl was eventually fit to be interviewed, that interview took place with an appropriate adult.

'She was later released on bail pending further enquiries and advice from the Crown Prosecution Service.

'West Yorkshire Police takes its responsibilities around the welfare of young people taken into custody and around neurodiversity very seriously.

'We also maintain that our officers and staff should not have to face abuse while working to keep our communities safe.

We are fully reviewing the circumstances of this incident and ask that people avoid reaching any conclusions about it solely on the basis of the social media video.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -nana.html
The Kitchen Sink

Post by The Kitchen Sink »

The mother's words from her TikTok.

"Replying to @kevinoloughlin1 and I'm fed up of people not understanding autism. go back and watch the original video...my daughter was brought home by police..they said they brought her home to make sure she was safe. the officers never entered my home and told me my daughter WAS NOT under arrest. so I took my daughter out of the officers arms (she was gripping her so tight her arms had gone bright red due to lack of bloodflow) and guided her upstairs. As she was walking upstairs, bearing in mind the officer is still OUTSIDE my home my daughter turned to me and said "I think she's a lesbian like nanna julie"..and with that, the officer lunged at me, assaulting me while I had my back turned, and tried to grip my daughter. my daughter was so scared she ran inside the cupboard and made herself as small as she could. she repeatedly told the officer sorry and was crying saying she didn't do anything wrong. you see with autism she has no filter and is quite literally LITERAL in everything she says and does. this is the main reason she is misunderstood. my daughter was not aggressive, and did not raise her voice. instead she punched herself in the head several times due to the officer staring at her through gritted teeth and clenched fists. that officer was intimidating my child. she also never cautioned my daughter and never placed her under arrest, so it was both unlawful and illegal what that officer did. and not only that, but I also explained my daughter has severe scoliosis and a twisted spine, but it didn't stop them ragging her about by her arms, which I can only imagine, caused her extreme pain. so please go educate yourself or watch the full video before you make a comment like that."
The Kitchen Sink

And from her Facebook.

"SHARE THIS PLEASE..my daughters currently in a cell 🤬🤬
##UPDATE## she was released with no charge after 20 hours in a cell. I've put full complaint in and just waiting to hear back x
...This is why we need more understanding of autism by the WYP...SHAME ON YOU
Video was taken off tiktok.so I'll post it here..had no sleep cos of these..Woke all my kids up and had little ones crying.. disgusting behaviour by WYP. BULLIES IN UNIFORM"

"So police have interviewed my daughter without me there as her appropriate adult. After 20 hours in cells for saying the police woman reminded her of her nanna who's a lesbian. And get this - she's not been charged but she's on unconditional bail? What does that even mean? Someone??"

"Well it just gets better. Social services have just called me and said the police put a referral in for Caitlyn as she was being AGGRESSIVE!! No she was having an autistic meltdown you absolute donkeys.."
The Kitchen Sink

The TikTok link was in one of the Twitter comments and she gave her own Facebook handle in one of the TikTok comments if anyone wants a look for themselves.
The Kitchen Sink

Obviously we don't know fully what happened and what was actually said by the girl but from the video it's clear the police handled that very badly. That short haired blonde policewoman may want to toughen up a bit instead of arresting children for not saying nice things about her, she'll hear a lot worse things said to her from a lot more dangerous people in her time.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Jesus it really does sound bad. And from the bit that was recorded in the video it does match the above description of that particular part of the scenario at least . I don't know about the rest

I have a couple of adult nephews who are very autistic. They have commented on my hairy toes...look! It's just a tiny bit of hairiness alright and I'm a hobbit fan 😡...plus my large mole on the hairline of my face...excayuse me! Beauty spot you mean😡... and whether or not I'm as charming as my sister in law (depends on attention level I give plus presents. I usually fail to score as high as the saintly sister in law! 😡) I had a former pupil who was autistic and he would tell me how my boobs were looking when he met me for class.

Basically some people with autism will say what is exactly on their mind out loud instantly and not think anything about it. That's not a problem, that's just the way they are. On the face of it this girl has been very badly treated.
The Kitchen Sink

No further action will be taken against the 16 year old autistic girl, she is released from her bail. There is still to be an internal investigation so hopefully something of significance will happen to prevent such a thing occurring again. This line from the statement seems to be to them them admitting they were wrong without actually saying it. "Without pre-empting the outcome of the ongoing review of the circumstances by our Professional Standards Directorate, we would like to reassure people that we will take on board any lessons to be learned from this incident"

https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/new ... ideo-leeds
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Pretty crazy article here in the Irish times about a teenager in New York trying to get revenge on a hotel for refusing to illegally serve him drink.(first appeared last week in the New York post).

The ending is pretty funny- to paraphrase, a woke person wasn’t disturbed so it was ok really

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-style/p ... ork-hotel/
https://nypost.com/2023/08/03/rejected- ... igns-suit/
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:51 am Pretty crazy article here in the Irish times about a teenager in New York trying to get revenge on a hotel for refusing to illegally serve him drink.(first appeared last week in the New York post).

The ending is pretty funny- to paraphrase, a woke person wasn’t disturbed so it was ok really

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-style/p ... ork-hotel/
https://nypost.com/2023/08/03/rejected- ... igns-suit/
That is a kid that should have been hit with the wooden spoon !!!!!

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The two main channels in the UK showing their line ups for the Women’s World Cup tomorrow - and no male commentators or analysts??

Not much equality, diversity or inclusion there is there??

There are many excellent female commentators in men’s sport - Mel Jones was a revelation during the Ashes, excellent - and the Chelsea women’s manager Emma Hayes should be on every other week.

But the hypocrisy is laughable.

Post by 678904673 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:02 am The two main channels in the UK showing their line ups for the Women’s World Cup tomorrow - and no male commentators or analysts??

Not much equality, diversity or inclusion there is there??

There are many excellent female commentators in men’s sport - Mel Jones was a revelation during the Ashes, excellent - and the Chelsea women’s manager Emma Hayes should be on every other week.

But the hypocrisy is laughable.
If it was the other way around you know a certain section would be up in arms. The double standards are breath taking.

BTW I agree about Mel Jones. I think she's outstanding and put some of the male commentators to shame
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Burn everything. Especially shrubs!!!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2023/0829 ... australia/
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

From “let’s save the wolves” to “let’s shoot the bastards”.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... bers-surge
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:20 pm From “let’s save the wolves” to “let’s shoot the bastards”.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... bers-surge
Biggest thing to note from this is how the elite protected classes start giving a sh** about things affecting lesser people only when it finally arrives at their own door.