Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
dawg

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by dawg »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:42 am Yeap and they could have got Continental Op to get the best price for them in the bargain alerts thread.
Inevitably, Celtic will have a job lot of exactly whats needed in storage for the last ten years

@Isha, how do you come across these bits of Twitter nonsense ? You have an army of minions scanning the twitter machine 24X7 ?
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:40 am The hammers are one thing. For me it is the lady who strapped shut her expensive floral mackintosh, put her hair in a prim bun, slipped into her shiny leather loafers and went off with a set of bespoke feminine accoutrements to bring down capitalism that makes me go WTF.
Activists needn't look scruffy nowadays, sweetie darling. Dreadlocks and ponchos are like so 20 years ago :lol:
What is this tap tap nonsense all about? it looks like they don't actually want to break the glass. Why not take a tip from the suffragettes and just throw a brick? Then you have less chance of being cut or blinded when the pane shatters, no safety glasses or gloves ladies, tsk tsk.

Honestly though what will their actions achieve in the end? Nothing. Morgan are insured for damages so it won't cost them anything.
If you really want to hurt the banks the best thing to do is boycott them: close your account and put your money in the credit union or post office.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

But Daddy deposits their pocket money from his Coutts account and it couldn’t go somewhere a common as a Credit Union ??!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:42 am But Daddy deposits their pocket money from his Coutts account and it couldn’t go somewhere a common as a Credit Union ??!!
😅
That made me laugh out loud.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

''AOC'' wore a dress to the Met Gala which said

AOC said it was designed by an immigrant working class woman.
Proud to work with @aurorajames as a sustainably focused, Black woman immigrant designer...
It was designed by Aurora James who moved to New York from....well.... Toronto.
"We really started having a conversation about what it means to be a working class women of color at the Met," the congresswoman said while on the red carpet. "And we said we can't just play along, but we need to break the fourth wall and challenge some of the institutions."
Note AOC earns about 170,000 basic per year now, went to Boston University and grew up in a pleasant New York neighbourhood.

Aurora James's own net worth is 1.5 million; she is going out with Benjamin Bronfman

Bronfman is worth 100 million dollars. (His Grandad was the Seagram liquor billionaire, and his Dad was long time CEO of Warner music, his net worth is 2.5 billion, and is the half-brother of the woman (Clare Bronfman) charged re NXIVM sex trafficking case.)

Honestly, it is all performance art.

Post by 490808 »

I say far too much in my head luckily most of the time it stays there. While it said nothing of the sort I read it as TAX MY ASS
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:42 pm ''AOC'' wore a dress to the Met Gala which said

AOC said it was designed by an immigrant working class woman.

It was designed by Aurora James who moved to New York from....well.... Toronto.

Note AOC earns about 170,000 basic per year now, went to Boston University and grew up in a pleasant New York neighbourhood.

Aurora James's own net worth is 1.5 million; she is going out with Benjamin Bronfman

Bronfman is worth 100 million dollars. (His Grandad was the Seagram liquor billionaire, and his Dad was long time CEO of Warner music, his net worth is 2.5 billion, and is the half-brother of the woman (Clare Bronfman) charged re NXIVM sex trafficking case.)

Honestly, it is all performance art.
Same as me being told I was absuing my "white privelege" by not kneeling for Saint George Floyd by someone who may be black, but grew up with money' Daddy got him into university with a "donation" and gave him his first job. He's fecking useless at what he does main'ly cos there's no "fear" - he can feck up, and claim racism.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Tax the rich :roll:
The rich are taxed, it's just that they go to great lengths to avoid paying it.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Uncle Frank wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:54 pm Tax the rich :roll:
The rich are taxed, it's just that they go to great lengths to avoid paying it.
Its statements like that which upset Bozo...oops I meant Bono :lol:
U2 SINGER Bono says he was “stung” and “hurt” by criticism of the band moving part of its business to the Netherlands to lessen its tax burden.
dawg

Post by dawg »

kadman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:00 pm Its statements like that which upset Bozo...oops I meant Bono :lol:
No, No you dont.

You mean Bezos :cry:
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

kadman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:00 pm Its statements like that which upset Bozo...oops I meant Bono :lol:
Bono and Co. get a lot of stick for that but they are rank amateurs compared to the big boys, the master tax dodgers. George Soros went three years in a row without paying a single penny of income tax for eg!

Here is what the four richest men in america paid in tax from 2014 to 2018.
taxes.jpg
taxes.jpg (271.53 KiB) Viewed 4369 times
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Begrudger. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Must admit this is not WTF for me personally as I was wholly onboard the Hunter Biden Laptop thing being true when it was published. But do you remember the enormous amount of mainstream media censorship at the time? The New York Post - an old paper in the market - was blocked from Twitter for publishing the story. People were called all manner of wild conspiracy theorist. People who backed up the emails were made tits out of on the regular channels.
For what it's worth I think it goes way beyond the business deal emails to a really sordid story on the whole Biden set up and especially Hunter, which has been covered up. Yep, I saw all the pics supposedly from the laptops - Hunter Biden is a complete uber creep and there is something really creepy about the wider family and their attempts to play at wholesome. Uh huh. You can take that to the bank in advance of it one day being proved true ;)

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

John Lewis advertisement for Home Insurance :?

Executive pitch at the boardroom - Mammy and little girl sit working/painting quietly and presumably will tidy up after gender-creative boy trashes the entire place in an entitled fit of sexualised vamping. Sounds good, guys, yep, let's run with it. :roll:
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

isha wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:32 pm

John Lewis advertisement for Home Insurance :?

Executive pitch at the boardroom - Mammy and little girl sit working/painting quietly and presumably will tidy up after gender-creative boy trashes the entire place in an entitled fit of sexualised vamping. Sounds good, guys, yep, let's run with it. :roll:

Jesus wept, what is happening in the world. Who is behind pushing these messages? My working theory is that all the woke gender studies graduates that can't get proper jobs (in the Gender Factory or something, I dunno) end up in HR, Marketing, and Advertising.

In any normal reasonable world that child would be severely punished. At the very least, he'd have his iPhone confiscated and lose pronoun privileges ;)

I'm very early Gen X and I honestly think my kids are some of the last ones to learn that actions have consequences.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I would not punish the kid for the dress up, and I have to say the little fella is a brilliant actor. But its the total carnage he is causing being indulged, and in the vessel of the gender creative child as a sacred trope. Do that vamping highjinks outside kid and clean up after yourself when you are done.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

isha wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:08 pm I would not punish the kid for the dress up, and I have to say the little fella is a brilliant actor. But its the total carnage he is causing being indulged, and in the vessel of the gender creative child as a sacred trope. Do that vamping highjinks outside kid and clean up after yourself when you are done.
Absolutely agree - my sons have all played dress up and enjoyed non gender specific toys and activities. Dammit I experimented and crossdressed back in the 80s myself - good times! But you're spot on about it having become a sacred trope :roll:
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Cyclepath wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:03 pm Jesus wept, what is happening in the world. Who is behind pushing these messages? My working theory is that all the woke gender studies graduates that can't get proper jobs (in the Gender Factory or something, I dunno) end up in HR, Marketing, and Advertising.

In any normal reasonable world that child would be severely punished. At the very least, he'd have his iPhone confiscated and lose pronoun privileges ;)

I'm very early Gen X and I honestly think my kids are some of the last ones to learn that actions have consequences.
“Lose pronoun privileges” :lol: :lol: :lol:

Superb!
peasant
Verified Username

Post by peasant »

Nobody bothered about the fact that people will be claiming home insurance for damages caused by ...not a fire, flood or storm ...but their own kid?

I couldn't care less about the fact the the kid is wearing a dress and lipstick...bothers me more that his parents are going to drive up insurance costs for us all. (and that the insurance company obviously supports this practice)
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Superman is now bisexual, get me off this planet quick....!
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

PogMoThoin wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:07 pm Superman is now bisexual, get me off this planet quick....!
Think its Superman Junior.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

PogMoThoin wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:07 pm Superman is now bisexual, get me off this planet quick....!

Its all that green kryptonite, it plays havoc with your chromosomes. :mrgreen:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Dr Rachel Levine has been publicly announced, everywhere from US Government departments, to the New York Times, as the first FEMALE four-star Admiral.
Dr Levine is a trans woman. Which is absolutely fine, so the story is that Dr Levine is the first trans woman four-star Admiral.
But Dr Levine is not a female and this blurring of the scientific reality of what is female is wrong. It is ideological gaslighting. This is not a ''first'' for ''females''.

Female is a person bearing two X chromosomes in the cell nuclei and of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes.

Humans can change gender expression and identity but humans cannot change sex.

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

This is being called racist now. Image

Something about cultural appropriation and being culturally insensitive.

Surely these geordies are trying to pay homage to their new owners, they haven't been this happy in decades.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Thye're geordies, they are paying homage to their favourite tipple.

New Castle Brown Ale...nectar from the gods. I drank gallons of it in my youth, its worth celebrating :lol: :lol: :lol: