Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Just kidding but I think now is an exciting but dangerous time to be alive - especially if you're young - and if only I was twenty again... My most serious concern - apart from climate/war etc. - is that our youth are increasingly being seduced by drugs/social media and pointless gaming all of which suits the political classes. We need hundreds of thousands of Greta Thunbergs to bring the system back to reality. Is she even addressing the Glasgow conference - not that much can be said in three minutes - and perhaps that accounts for her angry contribution: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-gl ... t-59116611

NO MORE BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!
'no more blah blah blah'
Banshee Bones

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by Banshee Bones »

Greta is a great example for modern kids alright :lol:
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Classic example of the global acceptance of the current financial grip large corporations banks and governments have over us, is the constant media announcements of banks being found guilty of unlawful practices , and then fined a large amount of money.
What happens then?

They pay the fine, and carry on regardless, and nothing changes.

So in actual fact, there is no fine, its a fee to carry on and keep shafting us without any repercussions on any body. Once they pay their yearly fines, they can conduct their illegal business as usual.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Banshee Bones wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:41 pm Greta is a great example for modern kids alright :lol:
Expand please.
'no more blah blah blah'
GubuOriginal

Post by GubuOriginal »

CelticRambler wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:43 pm For better or worse, Celtic is back - after the previously announced absence! :P

haha fair play to you! And it is ofcourse for the better!
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

He's not back, he cant go anywhere until he fixes his knob according to his most recent thread :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

kadman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:45 pm He's not back, he cant go anywhere until he fixes his knob according to his most recent thread :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If you'd read the thread correctly, you'd have seen that my knob works fine if I handle it carefully. Could probably do with a bit of a polish, though, before I go dancing at the weekend ... :?

Post by 490808 »

No not the size just why it makes the news?

Doug the ugly spud could be world’s biggest potato
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The Belfast Telegraph actually published that. Left it up for a fair while in spite of receiving many complaints. And finally apologised. Someone saw this and clicked post.
I sometimes wonder if newspapers, and the media in general mind you, are largely populated by imbeciles nowadays. When I was a teenager I wanted to be a journalist. Recently I watched Spotlight and was reminded of what a powerful thing journalism was and could be. But it is a profession for an odd combination of simpletons and politically-correct propaganda whores at this time. Ah well.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Awful stuff although I would be reluctant to welcome unscreened refugees from places like Afghanistan as we all know how wonderful our security system is down here.
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Not quite a WTF moment, as we all knew it'd come to this one day, but even so ... : :shock: :roll:

Belgian court awards damages over ‘saviour sibling’ IVF mix-up
The case involved a Spanish couple who had a son with beta thalassaemia, a genetic disorder that leads to a lack of oxygen travelling to parts of the body, and for which a bone marrow transplant is a potential solution.

The couple decided to have a second child who could act as a donor – a so-called saviour sibling. They attended a fertility clinic at the Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussels hospital where doctors were willing to use in vitro fertilisation and “pre-implantation diagnosis” to ensure their second child conceived was a suitable donor.

The doctors developed several embryos of which three were healthy and one was suitable as a donor. The hospital mistakenly implanted the wrong embryo in the mother and the pregnancy led to the birth of twins. Neither girl was able to be a donor to their brother.

The distraught couple tried again at a hospital in Madrid. A healthy fourth child, who was suitable as a donor, was born in 2018. The long-awaited bone marrow transplant is said to have taken place last year.

According to the Flemish newspaper De Standaard, the couple subsequently filed a lawsuit in Brussels, in response to which a judge awarded damages of €27,000 (£23,000) to the mother and €11,000 to the father, for “the shock they suffered after learning that the twins were not suitable as donors” and for the “anxiety and risks generated by a new pregnancy”.

The judge ruled that the couple had “wanted two or three children within their family project, but under no circumstances four”.
The malicious side of me is hoping that the two daughters eventually get around to suing their parents for at least ten times the amount of those awards, on the grounds of the psychological damage caused by knowing that they were bred solely for the purpose of being donor animals for the most special eldest child, and were obviously so unwanted that their parents felt it necessary to sue the hospital for negligence. :evil:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

My WTF of yesterday. For your benefit today. The Norwegian Postal Service have distributed this Christmas advertisement.

Real jolly Christmas vibes to have small children watching as Santa's sexually-charged romance evolves over the years and him eventually be unfaithful to Mrs Claus. Someone at the brain-storming session said hey let's put the big emphasis this year on Santa's sack.
Oh, the world is full of absolute thundering gobshytes.

schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

isha wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:53 am My WTF of yesterday. For your benefit today. The Norwegian Postal Service have distributed this Christmas advertisement.

Real jolly Christmas vibes to have small children watching as Santa's sexually-charged romance evolves over the years and him eventually be unfaithful to Mrs Claus. Someone at the brain-storming session said hey let's put the big emphasis this year on Santa's sack.
Oh, the world is full of absolute thundering gobshytes.

:D :D

Fair point, well made.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Unbelievable stuff, it won't be long before An Post follows judging by their displays of bunting etc. earlier this year. Whatever happened to people's private sexual predilections remaining private? I don't care what consenting adults do in private as long as it's not continually shoved at me as the accepted norm - if it was, the human race would have died out long ago.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Someone said to me, but what about I saw Mammy Kissing Santy Claus..
Even I, as frankly the most gullible child I have yet to ever meet, knew it was Daddy dressing up as Santy Claus for a start. And that is saying something for someone who thought Santa was 100% real until I was 13 years old!!
Also I don't care a hoot whether it is this very hot gay guy or a horny MILF or even a GILF in the advertisement - it is the total raunchiness and balls to the wall sexualisation of it, the ad positively smoulders, it completely makes one think about the characters inevitably furiously shagging :lol: , which I saw Mammy Kissing Santy Claus really never ever did.

Anyway, Jaysis. Whatever people want I suppose.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Santa in that production looks like he would be happier swapping his red robes for an old mackintosh. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It is again about misjudging the weight of things. An arc of realities from small to big, mild to extreme etc.
A child hearing about Mammy Kissing Santy Claus visualises a chaste peck, such as their parents might exchange in front of them. Children visualise ideas according to their capacity to tolerate, which is why their books and films are not littered with truly gruesome images or raunchy cartoons. What parents starts full on kissing and heavy petting in front of their children? Or aunties, uncles, grandparents etc in front of children? Adults know not to perform eroticism for the children.
This is a Christmas advertisement from the postal company in Norway - I do not think it is specifically aimed at an adult only audience, which would be entirely a different matter.
Children should not have the innocence of Christmas and Santa Claus sexualised by such obvious erotic portrayals of the characters involved.

Anyway, sigh, I shall go shake my fist at the sky - it achieves more. :lol:
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Sweden's first ever female PM resigns within 12hours.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The pitch -
Shirtless handsome man pines, repeatedly pines, repeatedly shirtless, lays in bath, the sexual tension builds, year on year, the palpable longing, the ache of yearning, finally together alone, eyes lock, the intense first kiss, the head holding.

If we go with a woman Santa is cheating with we would see her in her bra a few times or maybe lingerie, or maybe topless too because why the hell not, then lingering naked in bath, yearning, then putting on lipstick ready to greet the one she longs for, then the final moment when the time is theirs alone, the opportunity to cheat, the intense eye lock, the head grasp etc...

How warm. How tender. How very Santa Claus. Perfect for small children, the toddlers will love it.

Santa is uniquely a special feature of young childhood. One does not perform eroticism for small children, no matter how modern one is. And Santa is married to Mrs Claus. Which every child worth their salt knows full well.

If it is for an adult only audience, no problem.

I look forward to the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy versions. Maybe the stories of teenage Jesus or Mohammed need an invigorating facelift?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

While we're at it why not portray Santa Claus as a transvestite as he obviously enjoys dressing up?
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Mountain wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:11 am Oh well played, I do like the reference to teenage Jesus, linking gay men with the younger folk raises the hysteria another notch or 2
I did not think of that. I was thinking teen romance, gay or straight, my story line did not care. Jesus in his early wild days before the celibacy set it.

But YOU did think of that. 👀 😁
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Mountain wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:31 am Good point, why not indeed?
Because no matter how some would like to portray it transvestism is not the normal human condition.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Mountain wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:34 pm Is homosexuality "the normal human condition"?
Not in my opinion but I don't believe in discriminating against homosexual people.
'no more blah blah blah'
peasant
Verified Username

Post by peasant »

Capture Santa.JPG
Capture Santa.JPG (32.19 KiB) Viewed 4331 times
Well, looks like we're about 49.5 years behind Norway :mrgreen:

In other cultures (European) Santa still comes with a sidekick that scares the bejeezus out of the kids to keep them in line

as always ..a middle ground would be nice
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I just don't see why small children should need to think about Santy's sexy side at all. Not even in a middling kind of way - hey kids, remember now, Santy is just a little bit sexy, eh. ;)

As it happens in European countries Santy is much more iconographically connected to the older St Nicholas, and I sincerely doubt that the sexual nature of St Nicholas was ever intended to be shown to children.

The mad lads pre date the Santa thing by quite a Pagan while and are matched probably by our Wren boys, and mummers - it's one thing to have grumpy old grouches pretending to tease kids if they are bold, but I don't think we really need to know about horny Straw Boys or Krampuses either. Sex just does not have to get in everywhere. It has plenty of other places to shine.
Is the middle ground a little bit horny Pinocchio (Freud would have me on that), a small bit raunchy Snow White, a tiny bit titillating Rumpelstiltskin?

This whole pageantry of modern Santa at Christmas is directed essentially at small children, and very small children at that - they should not be sexualised. Full stop. I am a strong believer in protecting that tiny window of time in a human life when everything is not complicated by lust.
Adult-directed material about sexy Santy's and all the rest, I don't give a shyte.

I showed it to my adult kids and husband to gauge a reaction

One said, Ummm, yaaaahhhh, a bit intense.
Another said, This is the year of kids suddenly finding out Santa is gay and a cheater?
And the husband said, Yep, there has been a lot of rotten mistreatment of people in the past, but why the fcuk does everything have to be so tediously woke nowadays.

I know! I nearly fell off my chair too! My very offline rustic bear of a husband knows the word ''woke''. :o What a man of mystery!