Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by isha »

Apelles wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:20 am What can we do to prevent all this bolloxology creeping deeper into our society though?
Apart from giving out about them on t'internet . . Write complaining letters to our politicians? :roll: :mrgreen:
Keep saying the truth. Even if it is on the internet. Refuse to be part of an apathetic majority who let everything slide til it's affecting them. It may not stop this stuff because we have a generation of postmodernists already embedded in education, government, civil service, think tanks, NGOs etc, but at least if you tell the truth you will have done that much. I do think there's a civilisational decline happening but that's maybe a character fault in me. Others would say everything will be okay.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Wtaf!?!

Every day another wtf.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/cri ... 67391.html

20230709_094902.jpg
20230709_094902.jpg (212.45 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
Behind the paywall
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Oh Jesus, what have we become as a society to allow this.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

And the good old US is prepared to supply cluster bombs to |Ukraine. Surely this is a crime against society for the sake of weapon manufacturers bottom line.How are the allies going to sit back and allow this, and what is Irelands position on this given that we allow and support US military personnel through shannon.

The US will send Ukraine a cluster munitions package to help in its counteroffensive against Russia.

The White House said it had postponed the decision for as long as it could because of the risk of civilian harm from such unexploded ordnance.

Ukraine has been asking for the weapons for months amid an ammunition shortage.

Cluster munitions - which are banned by more than 100 countries - are a class of weapon that contain multiple explosive bomblets called submunitions.

US President Joe Biden said in a cable TV interview that it was "a very difficult decision on my part" to send the bombs.

"I discussed this with our allies," he told CNN, "I discussed this with our friends up on the [Capitol] Hill."

He said he had decided to send the munitions because "the Ukrainians are running out of ammunition".
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

So collateral damage is ok, so long as its not US collateral damage.And the normal people in society are powerless to do anything about it.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's sinister the way the good people are allowed to do any totalitarian shyte they like and clutch their pretend hearts and say how difficult it is. Cluster bombs are ok because Slava Ukraina, chopping breasts and penises of young people is good because Protect Trans Kids, Hunter channeling millions to the Big Guy is fine because poor Beau and grandpa Joe, trans identifying males saying punch women in the fkn face is fine because Sadiq says we stand by you all forever, children under the care of Tusla being groomed by rape gangs is not to be mentioned because diversity is beautiful and you are a racist, your body your choice unless it's an experimental gene therapy then you can lose your job if you don't get injections,
I just feel incredulous most days. It's like a weird film
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

The Ukrainians, presumably, are going to use these cluster bombs on Ukrainian territory. When and if hostilities cease, it's going to be Ukrainian women and children who are picking these up. I know the Russians are using them anyway but there's nothing Ukraine can do about that, there is something they can do about this.
I think this is an admission by Biden that the US can't spare conventional ammunition to send to Ukraine so they are sending this to fill the gap.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

marhay70 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:45 pm The Ukrainians, presumably, are going to use these cluster bombs on Ukrainian territory. When and if hostilities cease, it's going to be Ukrainian women and children who are picking these up. I know the Russians are using them anyway but there's nothing Ukraine can do about that, there is something they can do about this.
I think this is an admission by Biden that the US can't spare conventional ammunition to send to Ukraine so they are sending this to fill the gap.
But, but, but won't somebody think of the arms manufacturers and all their employees, and their families...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:45 pm It's sinister the way the good people are allowed to do any totalitarian shyte they like and clutch their pretend hearts and say how difficult it is. Cluster bombs are ok because Slava Ukraina, chopping breasts and penises of young people is good because Protect Trans Kids, Hunter channeling millions to the Big Guy is fine because poor Beau and grandpa Joe, trans identifying males saying punch women in the fkn face is fine because Sadiq says we stand by you all forever, children under the care of Tusla being groomed by rape gangs is not to be mentioned because diversity is beautiful and you are a racist, your body your choice unless it's an experimental gene therapy then you can lose your job if you don't get injections,
I just feel incredulous most days. It's like a weird film
Plus there’s currently an online witch hunt for whichever BBC presenter paid a teenager over the age of consent for consensual risqué photos. Tasteless and immoral yeah but the pitchforks and torches are out and when the name is known their life and career are over.

Yet it’s fine nay keenly encouraged to show 9 year olds diagrams and pictures of graphic sexual positions merely by putting the magical diversity label on it. And if you complain are LITERALLY HITLER AND KILLING US!!!

Hypocrisy.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

To hell with all that bad news. Here's good news for a change,

My son has just been nominated for an Emmy award for being on the prosthetics design team for their work in the best television series for ages.

"The Last Of Us"

How do you like dem apples. Mum and dad is well chuffed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

kadman wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:40 pm To hell with all that bad news. Here's good news for a change,

My son has just been nominated for an Emmy award for being on the prosthetics design team for their work in the best television series for ages.

"The Last Of Us"

How do you like dem apples. Mum and dad is well chuffed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
You sir were responsible for my nightmares after that show!!!

Congrats to your lad Kadman, I can feel the beaming with pride from here!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Just like any other parent...............its just great when they do well.He always used to say years ago ....dad I,m going to get an emmy.

And he's only gone and done it. 8-) I think it will be champers for the weekend, he flys home Friday :D
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Well done to your son Kadman, a very proud moment and what an achievement.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The new Elvery’s ad for our new rugby World Cup kit.

There are supporters featured in it with the tag line “we are all Ireland”.

There are more black fans than white. Yes visibility - or whatever the buzz word is now - is very important - but last time I checked CSO figures, Ireland was around 92% white.

It’s cheap and demeaning to the black and other non-white Irish people to use them in this way.

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:56 am Well done to your son Kadman, a very proud moment and what an achievement.
And now he gets his own emmy page.................

https://www.emmys.com/bios/johnny-murphy
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 15-18-55 Johnny Murphy Television Academy.png
Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 15-18-55 Johnny Murphy Television Academy.png (265.51 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Its mad alright. The only time I got mentioned in the tabloids was when I was prosecuted for 4 bald tyres on a 1968 beetle.

It would have been 5 bald tyres, but luckily I didn't have a spare wheel. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Interesting to read a story in my Take a Break magazine today.

Two women who married after meeting when one was 13 and at school and the other 43 and was her teacher.

Firstly - no one says “I thought Mrs Foster was a member of the LGBT community” - that’s the agenda to push the T and fetishists to perfectly normal gay people. You’d say “I thought she was gay”.

Secondly - and more importantly - would a magazine report a story where a 53 year old man who taught a girl when was 13 (now 23( and they married as a “romantic fairytale”?? Would they hell.

The double standards are horrible!

Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

My personal favourite is when tabloids portray stories of older female teachers 'seducing' their teenage male students.

I mean yeah, OK, in many cases the boys aren't complaining but the language and framing of these stories is very revealing!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Cyclepath wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:15 am My personal favourite is when tabloids portray stories of older female teachers 'seducing' their teenage male students.

I mean yeah, OK, in many cases the boys aren't complaining but the language and framing of these stories is very revealing!

Just look at Emanuel Macron's wife - can you imagine that being the other way round ????

jmayo

Post by jmayo »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:09 am The new Elvery’s ad for our new rugby World Cup kit.

There are supporters featured in it with the tag line “we are all Ireland”.

There are more black fans than white. Yes visibility - or whatever the buzz word is now - is very important - but last time I checked CSO figures, Ireland was around 92% white.

It’s cheap and demeaning to the black and other non-white Irish people to use them in this way.
Yeah, but have they some one disabled and a lad in a dress?

Reminds me of the Magnum PI remake.
gone was the 6'4" moustached white dude to be replaced by a much short Latino.
Higgins was a fecking good looking woman.
There was some dude in a wheelchair.
Oh the cop character was Asian.
There were now loads of natives although not very flatteringly they were all fat.
There was definitely some gay guy in it.

Thought of everything, but what about representing the animal community, where was Zeus and Apollo?
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:35 pm Just look at Emanuel Macron's wife - can you imagine that being the other way round ????
All the past presidents did the opposite.
shows Macron is not fit for the job.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jmayo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:38 pm Yeah, but have they some one disabled and a lad in a dress?

Reminds me of the Magnum PI remake.
gone was the 6'4" moustached white dude to be replaced by a much short Latino.
Higgins was a fecking good looking woman.
There was some dude in a wheelchair.
Oh the cop character was Asian.
There were now loads of natives although not very flatteringly they were all fat.
There was definitely some gay guy in it.

Thought of everything, but what about representing the animal community, where was Zeus and Apollo?
They were in early on v cute Dobermans but only the first few episodes - perhaps they now identify as cats ???

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Oh ffs!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l#comments

Right then lads - next time you get wasted and beat someone up, lets see how saying you can't do community service as you had to go to Mass, am sure it will work. Not.

Disgraceful!!

jmayo

Post by jmayo »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:02 pm Oh ffs!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l#comments

Right then lads - next time you get wasted and beat someone up, lets see how saying you can't do community service as you had to go to Mass, am sure it will work. Not.

Disgraceful!!
WTF is about UK authorities (and probably very soon Ireland) and muslims?
quodec

Post by quodec »

Some type of underground explosion in Johannesburg the other day. A few lucky pedestrians there!!!

Last edited by quodec on Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.