Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us. We're aware of an issue that our activation emails are not getting through to a handful of gmail users. If you registered but did not receive an activation email, let us know. If you're not so new here, you can dismiss this message.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
PogMoThoin

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by PogMoThoin »

CelticRambler wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:31 pm Dems the lads in Palestine, arnt dey? :?:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

:lol: That's a right WTF? sure enough!

But I can't help thinking it's like the Tories on one chair, the DUP on the other and Ireland/the EU in the middle trying to get them to behave! :mrgreen:
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

I used to visit a site that with a hungarian .hr domain but for the life of me can't remember the name of it. Used to have beautiful weird artwork on it... was some sort of blog post type setup... no idea what they were typing about but the pictures were cool. Anyway ended up on an optical illusion site... ye probably have all seen this before in case anyway hasn't..

Keep looking at the 3 spots over the nose for 10 / 12 seconds. Then raise you head to the ceiling or a blank wall and keep looking for 20 seconds.. works better on a light coloured blank wall or ceiling.
face-illusion.jpg
face-illusion.jpg (11.77 KiB) Viewed 369 times
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Have seen and know of the principle, but haven't seen that one before. Pretty cool!
Uncle Frank

Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by Uncle Frank »

It's like seeing a ghost :o
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

WTF It's 20:22 on a Friday night and I'm still working 😵
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:22 pm WTF It's 20:22 on a Friday night and I'm still working 😵
It's FRIDAY??? WTF? :o
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The problem with this WTF moment from a major medical organisation in America is males and females react to medications differently, other things too like alcohol for that matter, males and females require different considerations eg one keeps an eye on their prostates while the other keeps an eye on their ovaries etc, males should not have blood donations from.an ever- pregnant females.

Those are just the off the top of me head reasons why this is weird.
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

isha wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:27 pm

The problem with this WTF moment from a major medical organisation in America is males and females react to medications differently, other things too like alcohol for that matter, males and females require different considerations eg one keeps an eye on their prostates while the other keeps an eye on their ovaries etc, males should not have blood donations from.an ever- pregnant females.

Those are just the off the top of me head reasons why this is weird.
There's some seriously fcked up people out therebeing paid probably big money to come with this horse shit.
2u2me

Post by 2u2me »

isha wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:27 pmthis WTF moment from a major medical organisation in America
After reading your post I had to do a bit of research into what these guys were about. They really have taken to these woke principles of equity and critical race theory. (Their equity strategic plan).
We envision a nation in which all people live in thriving communities where resources work well;[.......]as well as embed racial justice and advance equity within and across all aspects of health systems.
They are the same organization that declared obesity a disease and racism a public health threat, so not much respect for the English language either.

A couple of months ago the former editor of their journal (JAMA), Howard Bauchner, stepped down after the journal released a podcast merely questioning whether structural(institutional) racism even existed in health care. Howard was away on administrative leave at the time and had no idea about the podcast or the tweet, yet has taken full responsibility. This was the offending tweet. (now deleted)
“No physician is racist, so how can there be structural racism in healthcare? An explanation of the idea by doctors for doctors in this user-friendly podcasat from the great...”
The most offensive moments from the podcast from the former deputy editor Ed Livingston(who also stepped down amid the controversy)?
"structural racism is an unfortunate term to describe a very real problem"
"taking racism out of the conversation would help" to ensure "all people who lived in disadvantaged circumstances have equal opportunities to become successful and have better qualities of life"
My WTF moment was researching these guys.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Waiting to be WTF'd this morning by Laurel Hubbard. Nah, just kidding, I am not watching sport, but I shall read about how the androgenised one does against the women in the weight lifting soon.
Hopes are not high for a medal, in my opinion, as Hubbard is not that great really. But you never know.
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Post by Hodors Appletart »

Canada just Beat the US in women's football

Quinn is a trans person playing for the Canada team

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54233946
Hold The Door
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hodors Appletart wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:49 am Canada just Beat the US in women's football

Quinn is a trans person playing for the Canada team

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54233946

Quinn is playing on the women's team. As a biological female.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

In a rare moment of accuracy, I call a sporting result in advance. I shall go do the Lotto now.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

As I won't get many chances to use this line to fun effect I will take the opportunity - it seems Hubbard's snatch was not great.

Edited to add source https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indepe ... html%3famp
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

isha wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:02 pm As I won't get many chances to use this line to fun effect I will take the opportunity - it seems Hubbard's snatch was not great.

Edited to add source https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indepe ... html%3famp
Nobody was ever beating Wenwen. She is dynamite, she set a new olympic record today. Only 21 too, I think she will be on the podium for the next few games at least.
Badly Drunk Boy

Post by Badly Drunk Boy »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:49 pm I used to visit a site that with a hungarian .hr domain but for the life of me can't remember the name of it. Used to have beautiful weird artwork on it... was some sort of blog post type setup... no idea what they were typing about but the pictures were cool. Anyway ended up on an optical illusion site... ye probably have all seen this before in case anyway hasn't..
.hr is the Croatian domain code. Hrvatska is Croatian for Croatia. Also where the word 'cravat' come from.

That probably won't help your search, though.
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

Badly Drunk Boy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:29 pm .hr is the Croatian domain code. Hrvatska is Croatian for Croatia. Also where the word 'cravat' come from.

That probably won't help your search, though.
Thanks man, it may help in my google searches for it :D
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

isha wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:09 pm Quinn is playing on the women's team. As a biological female.
Funny that she hasn't chosen to play for the Canadian men's team, now that she has come out as trans gender.

It's almost as if one would think that mens sport is physically tougher than womens.

One would have thought old Lauren would have done the same.
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

I really need to stop going down these youtube rabbit holes...

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Nothing like a mid morning WTF of the day

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/gar ... 49980.html

I suppose the parents or parent of this child were/was on a bit of a lash and forgot the child completely. I despair sometimes at the levels of care some children have to somehow manage to survive.
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

isha wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:00 am Nothing like a mid morning WTF of the day

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/gar ... 49980.html

I suppose the parents or parent of this child were/was on a bit of a lash and forgot the child completely. I despair sometimes at the levels of care some children have to somehow manage to survive.
WTF "The baby may have been part of a large gathering which took place in the cemetery on Wednesday night."

Scum.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Today's WTF is courtesy of Lily Cole. First she declared herself ''Queer'' yesterday for no apparent reason and today she is cos-playing in a burqa in the name of ''diversity and inclusion'', while women in Afghanistan are being compelled right about now to leave their jobs and colleges and take the veil or else.

Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

A diversity of voices in her head more like.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I know it's from a few days ago so already old news but I don't think I can let Trudeau go unfeted for this gobshytery...

In case you don't get what the fool is trying to say he is talking about recessions and recoveries for wimminz.