Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us. We're aware of an issue that our activation emails are not getting through to a handful of gmail users. If you registered but did not receive an activation email, let us know. If you're not so new here, you can dismiss this message.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
Ncdjd2

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by Ncdjd2 »

He's a awful plonker that lad.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

WTF way to start the day

ex-marine’s efforts to rescue 200 cats and dogs from Kabul

We're still in the middle of a global pandemic, caused in part by too many humans interfering with natural processes and exaggerated by then shipping humans, animals and animal by-products around the world.

And some guy thinks it's a good idea to distract from a genuine humanitarian crisis to bring a load of abandoned cats and dogs, undoubtedly of dubious parentage and certainly having been exposed to non-European parasites and microbes, from the Middle East to post-Brexit,still-Covid Britain. :roll:
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:20 pm He's a awful plonker that lad.
There are some world leaders that I just look at and say how the hell does he/she keep getting voted in? Trudeau is definitely one of them.
'She-covery' :roll: holy cow! Alan Partridge or david Brent wouldn't come out with inane patter like that.
Then again our own leaders aren't really any better :(
Last edited by Uncle Frank on Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NotThatDevnull

Post by NotThatDevnull »

Uncle Frank wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:13 am There are some world leaders that I just look at and say how the hell does he/she keep getting voted in? Trudeau is definitely one of them.
Then again our own leaders aren't really any better :(
Sums it all up pretty well IMO
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Today Gubu.ie has got it's first weird post trying to advertise stuff and or con people. We are really becoming an established site if these people (or bots?) are targetting us. :D
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

While the working class security man in the background tries to summon help, well groomed fashionably dressed young middle class ladies of leisure commit crimes to bring down capitalism. Very slow and limp wristed crimes, it has to be said 🙄

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

The octagenarian security officer is a joke. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The ladies should have used a spark plug. Higher impact on a smaller surface area.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

So who is responsible..........no body.
The health service pre-paid €81 million to 10 suppliers previously unknown to the Health Service Executive for nearly 2,200 ventilators at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Only 465 of these were delivered and none were put into clinical use, health service internal auditors have found.

A HSE internal audit report, released on Tuesday, said more than €35 million in refunds was still outstanding and legal action against four suppliers was ongoing.

It said testing had indicated a failure rate of 41 per cent in relation to 100 of the initial 465 ventilators received from China. It said this initial testing, coupled with delays in receiving the equipment, resulted in many of the orders being cancelled from April last year.

“The quantity of ventilators ordered was far in excess of the ventilator requirement identified by the technical expert Medical Devices Criticality Assessment Group. There was a lack of evidence of how the new suppliers had been identified, the basis on which order quantities had been placed with them and by whom authorised, while due diligence was not performed in all instances prior to making prepayments to them.”
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

kadman wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:24 am The octagenarian security officer is a joke. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The ladies should have used a spark plug. Higher impact on a smaller surface area.
He is the only one I feel kinship for in the ensemble. The others would likely give me a pain in the arse pretty swiftly.
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

Love the headline of the Sun, Extinction Rebellion "Smash" windows.

Clowns. Not going to get very far with their little pink hammers on that glass :D
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Sure you can buy small rotary hammers, lightweight with 5 amp batteries that would obliterate that glass.

Had they joined GUBU, and stepped into woodwork class, we could have told them the right tools to use :D
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The hammers are one thing. For me it is the lady who strapped shut her expensive floral mackintosh, put her hair in a prim bun, slipped into her shiny leather loafers and went off with a set of bespoke feminine accoutrements to bring down capitalism that makes me go WTF.
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

kadman wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:36 am Sure you can buy small rotary hammers, lightweight with 5 amp batteries that would obliterate that glass.

Had they joined GUBU, and stepped into woodwork class, we could have told them the right tools to use :D
Yeap and they could have got Continental Op to get the best price for them in the bargain alerts thread.
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:40 am The hammers are one thing. For me it is the lady who strapped shut her expensive floral mackintosh, put her hair in a prim bun, slipped into her shiny leather loafers and went off with a set of bespoke feminine accoutrements to bring down capitalism that makes me go WTF.
I learnt a new word there Isha, which frequently happens when I read your posts. 😀

The pronunciation of the word accoutrement made me laugh -> uh-KOO-truh-munt
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:55 am I learnt a new word there Isha, which frequently happens when I read your posts. 😀

The pronunciation of the word accoutrement made me laugh -> uh-KOO-truh-munt
Sorry. 😊
My oldest son gives out to me about it.
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

Your educating me so don't be sorry ha
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

kadman wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:24 am The octagenarian security officer is a joke. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The security guard was being clever by not engaging with them. They were probably looking for interactions to "justify" their actions to themselves ("look at them trying to stop us telling the truth").

If I was in his shoes, I'd call it in and not engage.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Sure we all know the truth about JP and all the rest. But in reality we dont really give a damn.
WE have been given our drug of choice, I phone, and free apps. Most of us are happy little campers. Fed a diet of ***te thanks to twitter, facebook, google, zoom ect, ect, and the list goes on.
And during the pandemic we got mega fixes of whatever we wanted.

We surely have become serious addicts no less, and our drug barons will keep us well fixed, lest we should wake up and smell the cappuccino
dawg

Post by dawg »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:42 am Yeap and they could have got Continental Op to get the best price for them in the bargain alerts thread.
Inevitably, Celtic will have a job lot of exactly whats needed in storage for the last ten years

@Isha, how do you come across these bits of Twitter nonsense ? You have an army of minions scanning the twitter machine 24X7 ?
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:40 am The hammers are one thing. For me it is the lady who strapped shut her expensive floral mackintosh, put her hair in a prim bun, slipped into her shiny leather loafers and went off with a set of bespoke feminine accoutrements to bring down capitalism that makes me go WTF.
Activists needn't look scruffy nowadays, sweetie darling. Dreadlocks and ponchos are like so 20 years ago :lol:
What is this tap tap nonsense all about? it looks like they don't actually want to break the glass. Why not take a tip from the suffragettes and just throw a brick? Then you have less chance of being cut or blinded when the pane shatters, no safety glasses or gloves ladies, tsk tsk.

Honestly though what will their actions achieve in the end? Nothing. Morgan are insured for damages so it won't cost them anything.
If you really want to hurt the banks the best thing to do is boycott them: close your account and put your money in the credit union or post office.
PlaneSpeeking

Post by PlaneSpeeking »

But Daddy deposits their pocket money from his Coutts account and it couldn’t go somewhere a common as a Credit Union ??!!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:42 am But Daddy deposits their pocket money from his Coutts account and it couldn’t go somewhere a common as a Credit Union ??!!
😅
That made me laugh out loud.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

''AOC'' wore a dress to the Met Gala which said

AOC said it was designed by an immigrant working class woman.
Proud to work with @aurorajames as a sustainably focused, Black woman immigrant designer...
It was designed by Aurora James who moved to New York from....well.... Toronto.
"We really started having a conversation about what it means to be a working class women of color at the Met," the congresswoman said while on the red carpet. "And we said we can't just play along, but we need to break the fourth wall and challenge some of the institutions."
Note AOC earns about 170,000 basic per year now, went to Boston University and grew up in a pleasant New York neighbourhood.

Aurora James's own net worth is 1.5 million; she is going out with Benjamin Bronfman

Bronfman is worth 100 million dollars. (His Grandad was the Seagram liquor billionaire, and his Dad was long time CEO of Warner music, his net worth is 2.5 billion, and is the half-brother of the woman (Clare Bronfman) charged re NXIVM sex trafficking case.)

Honestly, it is all performance art.
The Continental Op

Post by The Continental Op »

I say far too much in my head luckily most of the time it stays there. While it said nothing of the sort I read it as TAX MY ASS