Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
quodec

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by quodec »

The poor lady died (again?) a few days later. Hoped they checked for vital signs this time!!
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

They should have hammered a stake through her heart to make sure.
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

That's the reason i'm getting cremated - I rwead Poe's "Premature Burial" at 13 and it freaked me out!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/06 ... p-nkencho/

At what point does it become justified to shoot criminals ?
What does he need to do to justify the shooting of this thug ?
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:20 pm https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/06 ... p-nkencho/

Same thing is going to happen with the Garda who was driving the car that pursued the three slimeballs in Tallaght when they subsequently drove the wrong way down the motorway and slammed head on into the truck, killing all three of them.
Really the justice system is turned arse over tit in this country, it was just merciful that those scumbags hit a truck and not a car with a family in it, they didn't give a fcuk, and then the carry on at the funeral as well. The world is a better place without them and it's a shame that this officer could conceivably have his career ended over the likes of them. They were going to do what they did anyway, they were local, they knew the roads. It's not as if they drove onto the motorway because they got lost, they miscalculated and paid the price. Good riddance.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:24 pm That's the reason i'm getting cremated - I rwead Poe's "Premature Burial" at 13 and it freaked me out!!!
I've always had a fear of being buried alive, I'm claustrophobic at the best of times. I've left instructions that I'm to be cremated and where my ashes are to be scattered. Failing that, I've told my family they can have me stuffed and parked in my favourite armchair in front of the TV, I'm even amenable to being decorated at Christmas time.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Apelles wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:13 pm Philip Morris Tobacco Has a Higher ESG Score Than Tesla?

It's probably 'bought' bollox.

https://valuetainment.com/tobacco-seeks ... rough-esg/
Had to look up what ESG score was.
Yet another fooking acronym, as if we didn't have enough.

BTW anything to do with that fooker Musk is bad news.
He is of the ilk of old Henry Ford, well maybe without the rabid anti semitism, but he is another who thinks he knows everything about everything.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Was at a show on Saturday in downtown Winnipeg. We were coming from a baby shower so we drove. We parked a about a 5 minute walk from the venue. The show was excellent. We got back to the car and there was cops everywhere. The police line was wrapped around our side mirror. Someone had been stabbed, possibly to death. One cop indicated it was a homicide. There was a trainee nurse there on the scene who wanted to help but she was in bits. Hysterics. There was at least a pint of blood on the pavement. Cops saw that I have a dash cam and wanted to know if it might have caught anything. Not unless the it was running or someone walloped it. Neither was the case. No idea what the stabbing was all about, can't find any news about due to the fact there were 3 other stabbing the same night that did make the news. WTF moment.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:20 pm https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/06 ... p-nkencho/

Charged??? He should be fcking promoted!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

marhay70 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:13 pm I've always had a fear of being buried alive, I'm claustrophobic at the best of times. I've left instructions that I'm to be cremated and where my ashes are to be scattered. Failing that, I've told my family they can have me stuffed and parked in my favourite armchair in front of the TV, I'm even amenable to being decorated at Christmas time.
I can’t even watch films where a character is buried alive!

quodec

Post by quodec »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:22 pm I can’t even watch films where a character is buried alive!
Don't watch the 2010 Ryan Reynolds film 'Buried' so! Though I have a touch of claustrophobia myself, I watched/endured it years ago. How Reynolds signed up for it and knowing the premise, I'll never know. He must have been paid very handsomely!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

quodec wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:12 pm Don't watch the 2010 Ryan Reynolds film 'Buried' so! Though I have a touch of claustrophobia myself, I watched/endured it years ago. How Reynolds signed up for it and knowing the premise, I'll never know. He must have been paid very handsomely!
I love Ryan Reynolds but will skip that .. shudder!!!

marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... s-in-kenya

I knew Del had been exercised about the lack of judicial punishment for petty crime but this is way over the top.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

marhay70 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:45 pm https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... s-in-kenya

I knew Del had been exercised about the lack of judicial punishment for petty crime but this is way over the top.
They will have to rework the old "The man from Del Monte says yes"
Shure even in the old ad they had a security guard with binoculars and walkie talkie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqmpVWzH4FM
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

marhay70 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:45 pm https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... s-in-kenya

Strangely enough I bought this on the 11th June - posted in the Antiques & Collectables Forum - don't like pineapples myself but stealing is stealing. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This is real. And before it's deleted I have the screenshot 🤣🤣🤣

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It just keeps getting weirder
I'll quote it for ye because I have a temporary sub to the UK Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/germ ... -kdln8bpxj
Monday july 3 2023

A chain of German kindergartens has been banned from setting up “body exploration rooms” for young children to undress and play games.

The “doctor game”, in which children under the age of six examine or touch each other’s naked body parts, has been formally regulated in a growing number of nurseries around the country over the past decade.

Some German childcare professionals and psychologists argue that if children are taught to play the game within certain boundaries they will have a healthier relationship with their bodies in later life.

However, the phenomenon has prompted a wave of moral outrage in recent weeks after at least two kindergartens were revealed to have created dedicated spaces for pre-schoolers to “explore their physicality”.

First the Queen Maria Catholic nursery in the southwest German village of Tennenbronn told parents it was setting up a “safe room” for children to embark on a “journey to their bodies” under adult supervision, subject to parental consent.

One local newspaper columnist denounced the concept as a “paradise for paedophiles” and other critics said it amounted to sexualising children, before the kindergarten beat a hasty retreat. Then another daycare centre run by the Workers’ Welfare Association in Hanover announced a similar scheme.

In a letter to parents it said the children were naturally playing the doctor game in bathrooms or “bushes” anyway, and it would be more sensible to encourage them to play it with adult guidance and fixed rules.

Such rules include that “boys and girls will only stroke or examine one another as much as they themselves and the other children are comfortable with” and “no child will put any object in another child’s bodily orifices”.

The youth office for the surrounding state of Lower Saxony swiftly prohibited the practice, which it said posed a danger to child welfare. It is reviewing training manuals distributed to daycare centres by ProFamilia, one of Germany’s largest sex education charities.

ProFamilia’s representatives have been promoting the concept since at least as far back as 2013, when two of its counsellors told a national newspaper that small children were already “sexual creatures” and carefully supervised “body exploration games” with clear rules were a healthy part of child development.

The organisation went further in a detailed report published the following year, which was endorsed by theminister for labour and social affairs in the southwest state of Baden-Württemberg.

It set a template for rules, which appear to have been adopted almost word for word by the two nurseries facing criticism now. ProFamilia advised against policing too strictly: “You can’t set the boundaries on the doctor game so narrowly that no child can cross them. Otherwise the effect would be a total restriction of [the child’s] pleasure experience and curious exploration.”

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Oh my fcking God what have I just read ????

The pervs are running the world it seems!!!

Post by 678904673 »

isha wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:36 pm It just keeps getting weirder

Dear Jesus. I genuinely have no words.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Yeah, bugger that, they can just wait 'til they're teenagers like the rest of us. :D
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

isha wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:36 pm It just keeps getting weirder

Good lord! Who in there right minds thinks up these things? . . unless of course they're an outright bleeding pedophile?
I don't understand how any normal, sane person would ever think of approaching their boss and suggesting such a perverse idea without getting fired on the spot!
Why are the teachers not striking against this sick initiative and why would any parent not immediately stop their children attending such a playschool, once they heard about this 'phenomenon' even being considered for the curriculum.
We must be prepared to fight tooth and nail to protect our children against these perverted nutjobs and their so called 'progressive ideologies' at every given opportunity.
Last edited by Apelles on Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Apelles wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:31 pm Good lord! Who in there right minds thinks up these things? . . unless of course they're an outright bleeding pedophile?
I don't understand how any normal, sane person would ever think of approaching their boss and suggesting such a perverse idea without getting fired on the spot!
Why are the teachers not striking against this innovative and why would any parent not immediately stop their children attending such a playschool, once they heard about this 'phenomenon' even being considered for the curriculum.
We must be prepared to fight tooth and nail to protect our children against these perverted nutjobs and their so called 'progressive ideologies' at every given opportunity.
I said all along - the “TQIA+” etc folk were so so clever linking their shite to perfectly normal gay men and women.

So now when you criticise Suzy, a 6 foot man who wants to show fellow” teenage girls how to use tampons whilst dressing as “her” true self, Barbie crossed with Jenna Jameson - they want you now accused of homophobia !!!

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I said all along - the “TQIA+” etc folk were so so clever linking their shite to perfectly normal gay men and women.

So now when you criticise Suzy, a 6 foot man who wants to show “her fellow” teenage girls how to use tampons whilst dressing as “her” true self, Barbie crossed with Jenna Jameson - they want you now accused of homophobia !!!

Apelles

Post by Apelles »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:42 pm I said all along - the “TQIA+” etc folk were so so clever linking their shite to perfectly normal gay men and women.

So now when you criticise Suzy, a 6 foot man who wants to show “her fellow” teenage girls how to use tampons whilst dressing as “her” true self, Barbie crossed with Jenna Jameson - they want you now accused of homophobia !!!
What can we do to prevent all this bolloxology creeping deeper into our society though?
Apart from giving out about them on t'internet . . Write complaining letters to our politicians? :roll: :mrgreen:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Apelles wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:20 am What can we do to prevent all this bolloxology creeping deeper into our society though?
Apart from giving out about them on t'internet . . Write complaining letters to our politicians? :roll: :mrgreen:
I’m not sure where is anything that can be done - buddy of mine in the UK, his wife works with at risk teenagers. One young girl came to her and came out as a lesbian - family had thrown her out (as an aside - how could they ??)

Anyway, a colleague was overheard slagging off this “hateful bigot” who she would “have jailed if it was up to me”.

Turns out she is referring to this girl. Her heinous crime ? She has said no when asked out by a boy who used “she/they” pronouns. A perfectly lovely gay woman who has been victimized by her own family and is now being abused by the staff themselves for not wanting to go out with a boy.

It’s like Me Too didn’t happen!! Horribly sad,