Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by isha »

In fairness now Del if men got to a certain point in their life where their willy shriveled and there were days they feared they might squeak when they walk they might appreciate the odd health service advertisement on the condition.

That's me joking.
But seriously, most women I talk to are gobsmacked and amazed at how little we are truly told about menopause and how it can be a fairly daunting experience. I'm lucky in that so far generally my life is normal and the general experiences are mild but I did almost haemorrhage to death three years ago. Surprisingly unstoppable blood flow is not an altogether uncommon experience in women approaching menopause, though I didn't find that out until after having emergency transfusions. Women used to die that way.

I think it is good that more information is given out and awareness is raised, because even women like me who are fairly savvy about what is going on in our bodies can be taken by surprise by unexpected symptoms. Honestly, very up to date friends of mine are absolutely bowled over by the weird stuff that can happen anytime from mid thirties to mid sixties. There are things you can do to mitigate the experience which should be known about eg weight lifting, kegel exercises, more soy products, bioidentical hormones eventually. Some people are lucky and have a fairly easy time, but others feel like they are going crazy. And feel fairly unwell. It ain't for wimps.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

100% agree with you and it's essential that woman's health is supported in every way possible but Facebook Ads and in fxxxn Irish too.... No, it's just more waste by the State just like the Covid Radio Ads - in Irish. Of course waste and the Irish language are old friends - throw in a large dollop of pc wokeness and we are where we are.
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

House speaker in the US Nancy Pelosi’s husband was attacked in his home with a hammer. U.S. media is falling over themselves to prove the attacker was both on the left and the right, depending on the network. He was part of the green movement, a nudist, had an lgbt flag outside his home, liked qanon conspiracy stuff and posted ‘conspiracy theories’ around covid and the US election.

One thing is for sure he seems to be a highly impressionable lunatic. Too many of these people about these days.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Feck sake. Cancel Christmas.

https://m.independent.ie/regionals/dubl ... 00991.html

“I thought this year that we would try something different and give the children a new experience. Something that would be more interactive and feel more included,” Ms Conroy told RTÉ’s News at One.

“It’s a plan that I came up with just because the last couple of years, with Covid, the kids could only look through the screen at the animals.

“There was no interaction, it was very much just look in, go and nothing else there.

“I brought it to protocol [committee] yesterday morning and all the councillors were fully behind this.”

She said councillors were contacted before the meeting and told it was coming up on the agenda.

“Even if Covid isn’t there, the experience is to walk in one end of the shed, have a look at the animals, and then walk out the other door,” said Ms Conroy.

“I acknowledge that it was a good experience, but we want to try something new.”

The alternative plan to replace the live animal crib is “still ongoing”, said Ms Conroy."
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Another own goal by the Greens. Apparently, the people who are at the coalface when dealing with animal welfare in Dublin (the DSPCA) are happy with the treatment of animals in the Crib but the bicycle lobby know best. There's an urgent need for a real Green alternative to the useless, social engineering, virtue signalling, bicycle obsessed loons in the Green Party.

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2022 ... ouse-crib/
'no more blah blah blah'
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I think the farmer who supplies the animals was the last to know.

This is getting quite a reaction - the Mayor did a terrible interview on the radio on Friday - and Mary McAleese has now rowed in.

I think it's great that this happened. Why? Because it makes the Greens look bad. The "Christmas is being cancelled" conspiracy loons will gain traction as a result of this so it's another pushback against SJWs.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

What's more annoying for me is the willingness of some people to ignore traditions and traditional activities. That has been going for years and was unique. The dopey Greens want to replace a unique Christmas attraction with what can be seen in any shopping center.....

Edit - I've never seen the crib and have no plans to see it. I've no interest. However, I'm all for keeping it.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:34 pm House speaker in the US Nancy Pelosi’s husband was attacked in his home with a hammer. U.S. media is falling over themselves to prove the attacker was both on the left and the right, depending on the network. He was part of the green movement, a nudist, had an lgbt flag outside his home, liked qanon conspiracy stuff and posted ‘conspiracy theories’ around covid and the US election.

One thing is for sure he seems to be a highly impressionable lunatic. Too many of these people about these days.
Very odd story that will be sure to give rise to multiple conspiracy theories as well as the mainstream pushing their own theory. https://www.thejournal.ie/pelosi-suspec ... 2-Oct2022/

The police officer who responded to the residence first said a third person was in the house who opened the door for him. Who was this third person?

Why did KTVU Tv report they were in their underwear and why was this retracted?

How come the broken glass in the picture of the broken back door is clearly broken from inside, as the glass is lying outside the house.

Everyone agrees that it was Pelosi who alerted the police without letting DePape know so how come the police reported “David” as a “friend”?

Good blog about it here, no one is interested in finding out the truth only pushing their own political spin on the story.
https://unherd.com/thepost/tribalism-is ... spiracies/
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I read the blog post and the author would put Guard Joe Duffy to shame with his broken glass bs and all the rest of it. How about waiting for the police to complete their investigations? Paper never refused ink and in the same way the internet has continued the process by allowing anybody with a keyboard to put their theories online.
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:10 pm I read the blog post and the author would put Guard Joe Duffy to shame with his broken glass bs and all the rest of it. How about waiting for the police to complete their investigations? Paper never refused ink and in the same way the internet has continued the process by allowing anybody with a keyboard to put their theories online.
Well the mainstream narrative , I.e. the journal article doesn’t seem to fit. How could Pelosi have gotten a call out if the attacker was intent on harm etc.. what’s when people seem to put forward their questions.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2022/1103/13 ... ebrations/

😯😯😯. WTF!!! Bounties are the best chocolates in Celebrations. They should add more - but make them the dark chocolate version.
KHD

Post by KHD »

isha wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:44 am https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2022/1103/13 ... ebrations/

😯😯😯. WTF!!! Bounties are the best chocolates in Celebrations. They should add more - but make them the dark chocolate version.
Ffs
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Have to add this too. It's not really WTF to me. I have not tried magic mushrooms personally, although I will when I am older (when I might also try DMT, but I am not sure yet!). I'm just not great at processing any intoxicants/altered states eg alcohol etc. But I know people close to me who have taken trips and found it useful and interesting . Anyway I do think from what I have read about psilocybin that it has been speculated that it could be useful to some people. And now studies agree.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/1102/13328 ... epression/

Post by 678904673 »

isha wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:54 am Have to add this too. It's not really WTF to me. I have not tried magic mushrooms personally, although I will when I am older (when I might also try DMT, but I am not sure yet!). I'm just not great at processing any intoxicants/altered states eg alcohol etc. But I know people close to me who have taken trips and found it useful and interesting . Anyway I do think from what I have read about psilocybin that it has been speculated that it could be useful to some people. And now studies agree.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/1102/13328 ... epression/
I've only known one person who freely admitted to eating magic mushrooms. They were also fond of the wacky baccy. He was a lovely, calm, chilled out individual. But having a coherent conversation could be challenging at times as he tended to jump from unrelated topic to another and then go off on tangents. Although to be fair I don't think that was caused by his drug habit
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:44 am https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2022/1103/13 ... ebrations/

This post seems better suited in the troll of the day thread. Work of genius.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:28 am This post seems better suited in the troll of the day thread. Work of genius.
If someone invented a box of Celebrations with only mini dark chocolate bounties in them, THAT would be a work of genius 😊
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Happy Days wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:25 am I've only known one person who freely admitted to eating magic mushrooms. They were also fond of the wacky baccy. He was a lovely, calm, chilled out individual. But having a coherent conversation could be challenging at times as he tended to jump from unrelated topic to another and then go off on tangents. Although to be fair I don't think that was caused by his drug habit
I actually don't think I could count the number of people I personally know who have used magic mushrooms. And it sounds like you know who I married. 😁 I used to be such a good shy kid!!!!
KHD

Post by KHD »

isha wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:55 am I actually don't think I could count the number of people I personally know who have used magic mushrooms. And it sounds like you know who I married. 😁 I used to be such a good shy kid!!!!
I smoked them once at a slayer gig. Never again. I was looking in the other direction to the band and could not physically turn around to face the band. I missed angel of death over the fecking thing. :evil:
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by Del.Monte »

Just heard on RTE with PBH standing in for Claire Byrne and talking about house sharing. "I knew it was time to move out when one morning I came into the kitchen to find one of my housemates emptying their hot water bottle into the kettle". :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

“Stop learning, serfs!” Seriously?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ed-it.html
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

White House delete tweet after they get fact checked. Finally equal fact checking.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/04/white-hou ... -watchdog/
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

In the last few days I have found the "search" thingy on Instagram - it looks like a magnifying glass - and what I'm seeing is horrifying me and making me feel misanthropic.

I'm going to stop looking there now because I enjoy being cheerful, but it was endless reels of women of various ages simpering into the lens with an avalanche of photos and videos about their hair, makeup, exercise or clothing routines, plus shorts from a range of celebrities and actors/actresses emoting at the camera and sharing deep insights that make me want to stick needles in my eyes.

A few fat babies, the odd recipe, an occasional craft idea, but fnuck me how are there so many people who will post videos of themselves literally preening in such a cringe-inducing manner? Wtf have we become as a species?

It cannot be controlled by my search algorithms as I have not searched Instagram before and I follow a handful of friends and family, plus art and archaeology and geology feeds. Wtf does Instagram think I want to see all these moronic chicks gussied up and pouting? Ffs
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Thankfully I know absolutely nothing about instagram, twitter,trending, metaverse, tik tok ect,ect.

Thank you god
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

kadman wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:28 am Thankfully I know absolutely nothing about instagram, twitter,trending, metaverse, tik tok ect,ect.

Thank you god
Instagram is more likely to cause depression then the others although the risk increases for all of them.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/19/instagr ... -says.html
quodec

Post by quodec »

Second world war era B17 and P63 King Cobra crash at Dallas air show. Fatalities.