Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by isha »

There's a hilarious thing going on in response called #justaskjason. Women are describing often horrendous period issues and asking Jason what would he advise.

To be honest I feel kind of sorry for the chap, he probably thought he could help and be good, and maybe he even could be a great help with his enthusiasm and his on point teeshirt choice etc. But he has met the implacable contempt of an army of women who are fed up, and justifiably so, with a lot of other shyte. Maybe he is a silly billy, maybe he just wanted a job, maybe he genuinely feels for females and their menstruation, but I hope he has a good support network.

Anyway I'm off to apply to be Prostate and Scrotal Dignity Officer at my local men's group!
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:05 pm There's a hilarious thing going on in response called #justaskjason. Women are describing often horrendous period issues and asking Jason what would he advise.

To be honest I feel kind of sorry for the chap, he probably thought he could help and be good, and maybe he even could be a great help with his enthusiasm and his on point teeshirt choice etc. But he has met the implacable contempt of an army of women who are fed up, and justifiably so, with a lot of other shyte. Maybe he is a silly billy, maybe he just wanted a job, maybe he genuinely feels for females and their menstruation, but I hope he has a good support network.

Anyway I'm off to apply to be Prostate and Scrotal Dignity Officer at my local men's group!
Damn that's my job!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having said that I'm post menopause so according to the wokerati I'm a man now - well I'm not a "person who bleeds" anymore!!!! If you don't count when I walked pissed into a lampost anyway..!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Now that is what I call a WTF moment - what a total d...head!
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The lad complaining is like those eejits who move down the country and then start complaining when slurry etc. is being spread.
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:14 pm The lad complaining is like those eejits who move down the country and then start complaining when slurry etc. is being spread.
Used to work with a head the ball who wanted to move from the city to "get away from it all" - then bitched daily about the commute and how quiet it was!!

She missed my pointed "sometimes quiet is WELCOMED"!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:14 pm The lad complaining is like those eejits who move down the country and then start complaining when slurry etc. is being spread.
In fairness even those of us raised in a bog and living now in deep country don't exactly love the days when everywhere smells like you have your nose directly connected to a cow's arse. 🙂

Though in fairness slurry is like sweet perfume compared to when belly grass is spread. That's just disgusting. 🤢
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

It would have made more sense if she had suggested farmers start breeding shire horses for ploughing and town goods deliveries. Strange stuff coming from someone with a farming background.
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:04 am Ffs.. brain dead junior minister of agriculture strikes again because she was at the RDS for the day on top of a fake horse. Does she not realise a farm is a business not some my little pony fairytale. No mention of the fact that industry is already saturated with thousands of thourobreds each year that don't make the cut on the racecourse. Let's flood the industry with more horses that will eventually end up being sent off to the knackery yards.

https://m.independent.ie/business/farmi ... 19635.html
Saw "Green Party" and went "yep, thick as slurry!" - not a useful clue any of them.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:13 pm Exactly, what do they do with the horses after they have been bred. It costs alot of money to keep and look after a horse properly. Riding schools are struggling with high insurance costs or have closed down completely so that market is more or less closed. Also the racing industry always has a large glut of these animals to try and sell on as they will never make it on the racecourse.

I'd love to see work horse back again carrying goods :mrgreen:
[/quote

The Last CIE horse cart leaving Transport House on Bachelors Walk 1968.

I'm old enough to remember horse drawn goods delivery from the station in Bray back in the 1960's. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:13 pm
I'd love to see work horse back again carrying goods :mrgreen:
Horseshit! I mean… what would you do with it? We’d be up to our eyeballs in the stuff :lol: what used to happen to the stuff?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:28 pm Fertiliser :mrgreen:
2 birds one stone then! 8-)
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:13 pm I'd love to see work horse back again carrying goods :mrgreen:
Not quite the same, but working horses are making a comeback in parts of France and Germany, especially for work in environments that do not/no longer lend themselves to being driven over by heavy machinery. In many vineyards and small-holdings, particularly those with an "eco" attitude, the landowner/farmer will call in a draught-horse rather than a tractor-driver for certain tasks, and there are an increasing number of contractors offering the service.

Regular farming, and local bin collection, in France:

Forestry clearance in Germany:
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Saudi woman gets 34 years after what she wrote on Twitter was deemed too offensive. She wrote the offending tweets while in university in Leeds and was charged and imprisoned when she returned to Saudi Arabia. The charge? “ cause public unrest and destabilise civil and national security” sounds very similar to recent hate speech and terrorist laws. The kind of thing Mark Meechan went through.

What would stop the Saudi government doing the same thing if we were their citizens given our new laws? The morale high ground has been lost, who are we to tell them otherwise?

When these media organisations write about this, there’s an article from the guardian for example that expressly talks about these human rights abuses and other concepts such as freedom. When they talk about the us or places in the west it’s about inclusion, diversity, equity etc..

“ Twitter previously did not respond to questions by the Guardian about why a senior aide to Prince Mohammed, Bader al-Asaker, has been allowed to keep a verified Twitter account with more than 2 million followers, despite US government allegations that he orchestrated an illegal infiltration of the company which led anonymous Twitter users to be identified and jailed by the Saudi government. One former Twitter employee has been convicted by a US court in connection to the case.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ng-twitter

Even the Washington post, one of Bidens greatest and most loyal supporters thinks he needs to speak out about this, so far crickets.

“ At the very least, Mr. Biden must now speak out forcefully and demand that Ms. Shehab be released and allowed to return to her sons, 4 and 6 years old, in the United Kingdom, and to resume her studies there”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... di-arabia/
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

I always respected Sam Harris and his ability to articulate his thoughts in a clear and honest way. I found myself agreeing with him a lot but his recent controversy displaying his TDS(trump derangement syndrome) is just indefensible, he said that censoring the Hunter Biden story was warranted to beat Trump- Harris, an alleged defender of free speech. At least he is honest where others will deflect. Here is a short collection of clips from the trigonometry podcast that he appeared on. Full podcast

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I've never liked him so I can say that he was just revealing himself more generally to be the jerk I always thought he was 😛
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Mark Zuckerberg now admits Facebook suppressed the Hunter Biden story in the lead up to the 2020 election, taking advice of the FBI.
Zuckerberg along with Jack Dorsey(former twitter CEO) both expressed regret at censoring the story.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:01 pm Mark Zuckerberg now admits Facebook suppressed the Hunter Biden story in the lead up to the 2020 election, taking advice of the FBI.
Zuckerberg along with Jack Dorsey(former twitter CEO) both expressed regret at censoring the story.
I'm getting bored with latter day apologies for everything. It's like someone cheating in a relationship and thinking fessing up later and saying sorry should sort things out. And I think there are going to be a lot of apologies after the fact coming up - already the CDC is admitting they handled covid badly, Sunak is saying the nudge groups had too much power and frightened people too badly, there's even talk of trying to blame Trump for the vaccines being too speedy etc etc.

I think feck off, plenty of people spoke up at the time about problems with lockdowns, about Hunter Biden's filthy files and clear evidence of kickback arrangements with the "big guy", etc, and those people were deliberately silenced and made out to be window licking loons. As the dude said, this will not stand, this aggression will not stand, man.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:12 pm I'm getting bored with latter day apologies for everything. It's like someone cheating in a relationship and thinking fessing up later and saying sorry should sort things out. And I think there are going to be a lot of apologies after the fact coming up - already the CDC is admitting they handled covid badly, Sunak is saying the nudge groups had too much power and frightened people too badly, there's even talk of trying to blame Trump for the vaccines being too speedy etc etc.

I think feck off, plenty of people spoke up at the time about problems with lockdowns, about Hunter Biden's filthy files and clear evidence of kickback arrangements with the "big guy", etc, and those people were deliberately silenced and made out to be window licking loons. As the dude said, this will not stand, this aggression will not stand, man.
At least some people apologize when faced with new facts. You’d never know it reading the political threads on planks. They’re still banning people and denying reality which is far worse.
He said it on the biggest podcast in the world.. - okay. And?

But it is Hunters laptop..that's accepted by now, is it not?.. what are you talking about?

How is that Russian disinformation?.. The FBI stated that the information online about his laptop are lies specifically dumped in order to influence a national election in favour of Trump. Lies = disinformation

Why are the FBI lying to interfere in an election?.. What part of what the FBI said are lies? They are warning people about disinformation/lies in order to ensure people base their choice on actual facts. That's not lying.
I’m not a member there so can’t see thanks but I’m sure it probably got a dozen of them.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:37 pm At least some people apologize when faced with new facts. You’d never know it reading the political threads on planks. They’re still banning people and denying reality which is far worse.

I’m not a member there so can’t see thanks but I’m sure it probably got a dozen of them.
I was banned from a thread for bringing up Hunter Biden's laptop right at the beginning. Complete indignant denial that it or the material on it existed. And I looking straight at it on Parler or Gab or wherever it was. The whole thing has been circulating for years now. It's all a cod.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by Del.Monte »

This shit: https://www.nasa.gov/artemis-1

The world is burning and the US answer is to turn to the Wall-e playbook - you just couldn't make it up. However, if you criticise this sort of pointless waste you're painted as some sort of Luddite. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Second one of the day: https://www.rte.ie/tv/audience-particip ... lications/ only thing missing is a box for people identifying as mentallers.
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:43 pm Second one of the day: https://www.rte.ie/tv/audience-particip ... lications/ only thing missing is a box for people identifying as mentallers.
They don’t differentiate between cisgender and transgender, such fascist fascism.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:04 pm They don’t differentiate between cisgender and transgender, such fascist fascism.
They?

How DARE you assume xer/zyr pronouns!!!!

😉😉😉

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:27 am Alot of WTFs went through my head this morning after seeing this news story in the independent.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/pas ... 45926.html

Paschal Donohoe told to raise duty on diesel, axe the farming fuel subsidy and hike the local property tax

Commission on Taxation and Welfare also recommends a rise in PRSI payments by the self-employed
Why are the Commission on Taxation and Welfare concerned about emissions… they’re remit should be economic health…no?

“ And the tax on fuels should correlate to the level of emissions they produce.”

I just checked, this was supposed to be their stated mission, absolutely nothing supposed to do with emissions or co2….
“ The Commission is to ‘independently consider how best the taxation and welfare systems can support economic activity and promote increased employment and prosperity, while ensuring that there are sufficient resources available to meet the costs of public services and supports in the medium and longer term.’”

They should really get back in their lane.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:02 pm Why are the Commission on Taxation and Welfare concerned about emissions… they’re remit should be economic health…no?

“ And the tax on fuels should correlate to the level of emissions they produce.”

I just checked, this was supposed to be their stated mission, absolutely nothing supposed to do with emissions or co2….
“ The Commission is to ‘independently consider how best the taxation and welfare systems can support economic activity and promote increased employment and prosperity, while ensuring that there are sufficient resources available to meet the costs of public services and supports in the medium and longer term.’”

They should really get back in their lane.
I'm not sure I'd totally agree with you here. When you're tasked with raising the funds necessary to run the country, there should be a justification of any proposed raise in taxation rate. I think it's a sensible enough metric to recommend that we place the most taxation on the most socially/economically harmful items. Fags and booze cost us in health provision terms so they're taxed to within in inch of their lives. Diesel particulates area a known polluter of the atmosphere and we definitely should discourage usage.

However the problem occurs when a commodity is essential to a persons important work. Farmers don't need fags/booze to run a tractor/combine but they very much need diesel. I just can't see why it's so damn difficult to set up a sensible tax exclusion for the fuels that are used to create value in the economy. They can then run rampant and scalp the folks that run diesel SUVs around town, or tax the hole off the stupid cruise ships that pollute every port they dock at.