Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by isha »

Bomb squad technicians were sent to a hospital after a man reported to casualty with a WWII anti-tank shell stuck up his bottom.

They reported to the scene after medical experts gathered fears over whether the bomb would explode.

The patient reportedly told doctors he "slipped and fell" onto the 17cm by 6cm armour-piercing projectile, which he claims was a part of his personal collection.

A source told the Sun “He was in a considerable amount of pain. I think he collected military memorabilia.”

A spokesman added: “The item had been removed prior to police arrival and the Army’s Explosive Ordnance Disposal team were contacted.”

A hospital spokesperson said "relevant safety protocols" were adhered to and there were no risks to staff, patients or visitors.
https://www.gbnews.uk/news/gloucestersh ... tum/171181

🤔
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Better.com CEO fires 900 employees in a zoom call.

"If you're on this call, you are part of the unlucky group that is being laid off. Your employment here is terminated effective immediately."

Pretty outrageous story until you find out it included their entire diversity, equity and inclusion team. 9% of the company's employees. The CEO later blasted the fired employees as lazy and unproductive.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

I'm A Celebrity 2021: Domino's asks fans to stop ordering pizza to show's Gwrych Castle set. :lol: :lol:

https://news.sky.com/story/im-a-celebri ... t-12491794

Post by 490808 »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:58 pm I'm A Celebrity 2021: Domino's asks fans to stop ordering pizza to show's Gwrych Castle set. :lol: :lol:

https://news.sky.com/story/im-a-celebri ... t-12491794
The wtf moment there is why is that news :P

Free publicity for Domino's yes, news no.

Orders probably come from someone working for Domino's.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

The Continental Op wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:11 pm The wtf moment there is why is that news :P

Free publicity for Domino's yes, news no.

Orders probably come from someone working for Domino's.
Oh I've no doubt this is a brainwave of someone in Dominos. Great stunt though.

Interesting fact... Domino's pizza tiny little store in Tallaght (a few years ago, maybe still?) was their busiest store on the world with a turnover of €3.5 million.
peasant
Verified Username

Post by peasant »

There's a contract going with the defense forces for floodlighting ...to stave off future claims :mrgreen:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/c ... 49716.html
“Visibility was poor in the darkness and only red helmet lights were used. I am satisfied from the evidence of Dr Clonan that this was insufficient light in the particular circumstances of this case and fell below the required duty of care to Private Burke,” Judge Quinn said.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ridiculous award and she has the neck to remain in the defence forces. Lucky she didn't break a fingernail.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 490808 »

Here's a wtf moment.

I have power of attorney for my mothers bank accounts in the UK. I pay her bills including care bills with her bank account online. Thats all fine and dandy but because I don't live in the UK the bank won't allow me to do phone banking.

Now if the online banking is suspended because of a security alert (in the minds of the bank) I'm locked out, can't call anyone, can't pay anyone and can't even get her weekly shopping delivery sent to her...... unless I make a 400 mile round trip to the north to one of the banks branches.

Currently for some reason her credit card is suspended and I can't do online banking for the second security issue in 10 days. If I phone the bank they can't do anything because they can't validate me. 10 days ago I was in the UK and could get it sorted.

The way this is going anyone that listens to UK media may hear about this case in the next few weeks. I registered a complaint (took nearly an hour on the phone to the UK) and have contacted the ombudsman to see how I should proceed. The issue is the bank don't have a process when this happens.

Its a UK issue so I won't be calling Joe :D
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Oh, I don't know, I'd call him anyway as I'm sure he can further confuse things. Better not to name the specific bank though or it will be closed down by 3pm. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Apple airtag.
First I ever heard of these. I read a story just now about a woman who went out for a night and on the way driving home her Apple phone is telling her an airtag is following her location. She did not go home in the end, went to a friends and they found the airtag someone had put on her car. I am a bit WTF, of course this tech is wide open to be used for bad purposes. Released in April this year, it seems. Now being used to track and steal high end cars. And potential stalker tool. Android phones do not pick up airtag presence 😲

Post by 490808 »

Ads offering rooms in return for sex uncovered amid housing crisis
When contacted by a prospective tenant, the landlord made it clear that sexual activity was required on a weekly basis in return for rent of €200 for the first month and €250 per month thereafter.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Dubai Prime Ministers UK divorce settlement...

€5m a year for holidays.
€5m per child maintenance.
€11m a year security.
€250m payment upfront.

She was looking for €900m. He's worth €11b.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

She was short-changed! I presume her hubby came by his wealth by hard honest labour.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 490808 »

Camels get botox, drugs and plastic surgery for beauty pageant.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/a ... 79945.html
peasant
Verified Username

Post by peasant »

The Continental Op wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:40 am Camels get botox, drugs and plastic surgery for beauty pageant.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/a ... 79945.html
Ever been to a proper dog show?
:mrgreen:

Ok, there the botox is with the owners, but otherwise ....same thing :mrgreen:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sick to death of seeing that NGOs advert with the African woman who basically sits on public transport looking at all Irish people and noting they are all racists and wondering which one will abuse her.

We’re going to work earn money to be lectured on how bad we are. Why do we put up with it ???
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Himself made an appropriate quip in response to my just telling him that, in spite of Blair being a war criminal re Iraq, yesterday he received the highest order of knighthood...Sir Tony the Mincer, he said.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This is a photo of Leonardo DiCaprio from an article today in the Daily Mail :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... -Haas.html
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Honestly, who cares?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:11 am Honestly, who cares?
Leo probably would if he saw how really tiny his feet are :lol:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This is actually my WTF from yesterday. :lol: Today may surprise me yet.
The video takes place in the Illinois State Capitol which is located in Springfield, Illinois, and houses the legislative and executive branches of the government of the U.S. state of Illinois. I guess everyone here is exercising their right to practice their faith in public places. But it does throw up some teeny tiny moments of awkwardness.

The installation in question and it's placement relative to other religious installations.. little newborn baby Baphomet :|

Post by 490808 »

peasant
Verified Username

Post by peasant »

The Continental Op wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:01 pm This caught my attention

Man attacked by stag on Tipperary mountain sues in High Court
Yeah ..the stag thing is a bit bizarre, but yer man has a point.

You can't really order an employee to work on their own, up a mountain, isolated, without any kind of safety net...and an ESB worker at that (not exactly a desk job) ...rutting season or not :mrgreen:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It was an awful attack in fairness. And prolonged. If he had not been wearing the rucksack he would have been dead. I love deer but crikey not like that.

Post by 490808 »

Update RE: Stag attack
Mr Justice Paul Coffey was told that liability has been admitted in the case, which is before the court for the assessment of damages only.
https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/cas ... 41838.html