Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by isha »

I think we should all set our sights on reparations from the Norse men - they have oil still.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
KHD

Post by KHD »

They've been banging this drum for months now, Germany already told them where to go on this.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:02 am If Poland succeeds can we (the UK) seek reparations against the Normans and before that the Romans? :mrgreen:
You know, thinking about it, every country would owe money to every country.

Can you imagine the hassle over Alsace Lorraine given the number of times it changes hands. Spain would be going after France, Rome, the Islamic countries. Poland would have to go after Lithuania, Austria, Hungary.....
KHD

Post by KHD »

Feckin hell

DeletedUser

Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by DeletedUser »

KHD wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:00 pm Try and figure this one out Del, I gave up on running through this one in my head.

Woman gives birth to baby after man donates sperm.

They believe they're something esle.

I look forward to "elf gives birth to leprechaun's twins" - it's as accurate!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KHD wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:43 am Feckin hell

I have always said cyclists are the most entitled bunch of fcking kernts on the planet - this is expected!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Roderick O'Moron at it again, wanting primary school kids to be "educated" (indocrinated) in the transgender bullshit.

When the sainted mother was a child she wanted to be a penguin when she grew up - that bellend would have her in a tank in Dublin Zoo.

If your kid wants to wear a dress - fking let them!! If they turn out gay, great - if they turn out straight, whatever. Just let them be a fking kid!

Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Replace the term "cyclists" with "women" and your comment is just as valid here PlaneSpeeking ;)

Do you not see what what you're doing? This is just one of millions of cyclists that don't do shit like this every day. In the same way that not very many motorists purposely brush-pass me when I'm cycling. It would be very easy for me to start ranting about "motorists" except for that fact that it's not about a random category of humans, it's about malignant and entitled behaviour by some humans regardless of the class or category you might conveniently use to identify them. I'm both a motorist and a cyclist and I don't really see any validity in the classification as one or other.

And I know you might come back with a sort of catch all statement like "well all the cyclists I've met are complete wingnuts" or perhaps cite an unfortunate incident you personally had with a cyclist. However I can do the same about "motorists", or "Lefties", or "dole scroungers" etc etc.

It's just too easy to fall into 'othering' of entire classes of people. We all do it but the cyclist thing annoys me the most :P
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Cyclepath wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:23 pm Replace the term "cyclists" with "women" and your comment is just as valid here PlaneSpeeking ;)

Do you not see what what you're doing? This is just one of millions of cyclists that don't do shit like this every day. In the same way that not very many motorists purposely brush-pass me when I'm cycling. It would be very easy for me to start ranting about "motorists" except for that fact that it's not about a random category of humans, it's about malignant and entitled behaviour by some humans regardless of the class or category you might conveniently use to identify them. I'm both a motorist and a cyclist and I don't really see any validity in the classification as one or other.

And I know you might come back with a sort of catch all statement like "well all the cyclists I've met are complete wingnuts" or perhaps cite an unfortunate incident you personally had with a cyclist. However I can do the same about "motorists", or "Lefties", or "dole scroungers" etc etc.

It's just too easy to fall into 'othering' of entire classes of people. We all do it but the cyclist thing annoys me the most :P
Bollocks. Women speeding through a red light on Dame Street never nearly killed me, just own the fact that cyclists are entitled fking wankers who think they own the road.

Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:30 pm Bollocks. Women speeding through a red light on Dame Street never nearly killed me, just own the fact that cyclists are entitled fking wankers who think they own the road.
Thank you for confirming my belief that you would indeed come back with a justification. I just didn't think it would be so completely hostile! Why is that? I know your handle is PlaneSpeeking but like why are you so angry?

You are doubling down on your assertion at literally all cyclists are "entitled f**cking wankers". You have absolutely no basis for this assertion other than your own personal/anecdotal experience. I'm a considerate road user regardless the mode of transport I use, and I know many many others too.

Just to offer some food for thought; several years ago I was knocked off my bike by a woman driving out of a side road without looking. That necessitated an A&E visit and a lot of physio afterwards. This morning on my way to the gym, a woman pulled away from the kerb and almost took me out of it as I was cycling past - I nearly skidded into oncoming traffic because of her carelessness. Based on your logic, can I now declare that all women are "entitled f**cking wankers" ;)
KHD

Post by KHD »

More mindless vandalism by the crusty brigade.

Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:50 am I have always said cyclists are the most entitled bunch of fcking kernts on the planet - this is expected!
As a cyclist, I have to agree.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

KHD wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:04 pm More mindless vandalism by the crusty brigade.
This sort of carry-on, like the art gallery stuff, is very badly thought out as the sort of people who admire art, old buildings etc. are likely to be 'green' supporters anyway and they are only going to alienate them.
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:20 pm As a cyclist, I have to agree.
There are good ones but as someone who walks a couple of miles twice a day from the train to work - you get the worst.

Maybe its Dublin I dunno. You'd think they'd get a red light means stop ?? Tho admittedly to most its where their ma works I understand the confusion!!

(Not at you btw!!)

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Oh ffs - 123.ie ad - three Irish athletes, two black. I’m all in favour of the “representation” that they go on about, but 2/3rds of the Irish population is not black or mixed race!!!

Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:46 am Oh ffs - 123.ie ad - three Irish athletes, two black. I’m all in favour of the “representation” that they go on about, but 2/3rds of the Irish population is not black or mixed race!!!
Will be shortly, over 1000 surgeons landing a week
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:50 pm Will be shortly, over 1000 surgeons landing a week
Our hospital might be out of luck and they are all civil engineers.

Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:22 pm Our hospital might be out of luck and they are all civil engineers.
Must be a big roads project kicking off. Doctors next week, wonderful people.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hmmmmm.

A 20 foot tall, 40 foot wide bronze sculpture called “The Embrace” honoring Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King has been unveiled in Boston.

🧐
20230114_174020.jpg
20230114_174020.jpg (35.32 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
20230114_174030.jpg
20230114_174030.jpg (143.15 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

What the devil is that thing?

Post by 678904673 »

Dear God. How much public money I wonder was squandered on that abomination
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Happy Days wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:28 am Dear God. How much public money I wonder was squandered on that abomination
Not a single American cent, I'd think. Over there, these things are usually funded by rich white people hoping to get their name carved into a piece of marble (and avoid paying taxes, but they'd be doing that anyway)

It's not a bad piece of work. Definitely more to my taste than Egon Schiele's "The Embrace":

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

It's an abomination but would be a great bit of scrap for the Rathkealers - shame it's so far away.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's a dreadful looking thing, only possibly appreciable from one limited angle where you can see the actual embrace. Otherwise it looks like hands lifting a big huge poo, or a penis. For goodness sake. Any oul bit of imagination could have easily dealt with the difficult back end of the vision.

Ps I am not adverse to Egon's painting. Not beautiful but not bad either.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

isha wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:06 amOtherwise it looks like hands lifting a big huge poo, or a penis. For goodness sake.
What's wrong with a sculpture of a giant penis being caressed? Penis embraces matter too. :mrgreen: