Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by isha »

Waiting to be WTF'd this morning by Laurel Hubbard. Nah, just kidding, I am not watching sport, but I shall read about how the androgenised one does against the women in the weight lifting soon.
Hopes are not high for a medal, in my opinion, as Hubbard is not that great really. But you never know.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Post by Hodors Appletart »

Canada just Beat the US in women's football

Quinn is a trans person playing for the Canada team

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54233946
Hold The Door
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hodors Appletart wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:49 am Canada just Beat the US in women's football

Quinn is a trans person playing for the Canada team

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54233946

Quinn is playing on the women's team. As a biological female.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

In a rare moment of accuracy, I call a sporting result in advance. I shall go do the Lotto now.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

As I won't get many chances to use this line to fun effect I will take the opportunity - it seems Hubbard's snatch was not great.

Edited to add source https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indepe ... html%3famp
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

isha wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:02 pm As I won't get many chances to use this line to fun effect I will take the opportunity - it seems Hubbard's snatch was not great.

Edited to add source https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indepe ... html%3famp
Nobody was ever beating Wenwen. She is dynamite, she set a new olympic record today. Only 21 too, I think she will be on the podium for the next few games at least.
Badly Drunk Boy

Post by Badly Drunk Boy »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:49 pm I used to visit a site that with a hungarian .hr domain but for the life of me can't remember the name of it. Used to have beautiful weird artwork on it... was some sort of blog post type setup... no idea what they were typing about but the pictures were cool. Anyway ended up on an optical illusion site... ye probably have all seen this before in case anyway hasn't..
.hr is the Croatian domain code. Hrvatska is Croatian for Croatia. Also where the word 'cravat' come from.

That probably won't help your search, though.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

isha wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:09 pm Quinn is playing on the women's team. As a biological female.
Funny that she hasn't chosen to play for the Canadian men's team, now that she has come out as trans gender.

It's almost as if one would think that mens sport is physically tougher than womens.

One would have thought old Lauren would have done the same.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Nothing like a mid morning WTF of the day

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/gar ... 49980.html

I suppose the parents or parent of this child were/was on a bit of a lash and forgot the child completely. I despair sometimes at the levels of care some children have to somehow manage to survive.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Today's WTF is courtesy of Lily Cole. First she declared herself ''Queer'' yesterday for no apparent reason and today she is cos-playing in a burqa in the name of ''diversity and inclusion'', while women in Afghanistan are being compelled right about now to leave their jobs and colleges and take the veil or else.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I know it's from a few days ago so already old news but I don't think I can let Trudeau go unfeted for this gobshytery...

In case you don't get what the fool is trying to say he is talking about recessions and recoveries for wimminz.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

WTF way to start the day

ex-marine’s efforts to rescue 200 cats and dogs from Kabul

We're still in the middle of a global pandemic, caused in part by too many humans interfering with natural processes and exaggerated by then shipping humans, animals and animal by-products around the world.

And some guy thinks it's a good idea to distract from a genuine humanitarian crisis to bring a load of abandoned cats and dogs, undoubtedly of dubious parentage and certainly having been exposed to non-European parasites and microbes, from the Middle East to post-Brexit,still-Covid Britain. :roll:
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:20 pm He's a awful plonker that lad.
There are some world leaders that I just look at and say how the hell does he/she keep getting voted in? Trudeau is definitely one of them.
'She-covery' :roll: holy cow! Alan Partridge or david Brent wouldn't come out with inane patter like that.
Then again our own leaders aren't really any better :(
Last edited by Uncle Frank on Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by 316670 »

Uncle Frank wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:13 am There are some world leaders that I just look at and say how the hell does he/she keep getting voted in? Trudeau is definitely one of them.
Then again our own leaders aren't really any better :(
Sums it all up pretty well IMO
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Today Gubu.ie has got it's first weird post trying to advertise stuff and or con people. We are really becoming an established site if these people (or bots?) are targetting us. :D
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

While the working class security man in the background tries to summon help, well groomed fashionably dressed young middle class ladies of leisure commit crimes to bring down capitalism. Very slow and limp wristed crimes, it has to be said 🙄

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

The octagenarian security officer is a joke. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The ladies should have used a spark plug. Higher impact on a smaller surface area.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

So who is responsible..........no body.
The health service pre-paid €81 million to 10 suppliers previously unknown to the Health Service Executive for nearly 2,200 ventilators at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Only 465 of these were delivered and none were put into clinical use, health service internal auditors have found.

A HSE internal audit report, released on Tuesday, said more than €35 million in refunds was still outstanding and legal action against four suppliers was ongoing.

It said testing had indicated a failure rate of 41 per cent in relation to 100 of the initial 465 ventilators received from China. It said this initial testing, coupled with delays in receiving the equipment, resulted in many of the orders being cancelled from April last year.

“The quantity of ventilators ordered was far in excess of the ventilator requirement identified by the technical expert Medical Devices Criticality Assessment Group. There was a lack of evidence of how the new suppliers had been identified, the basis on which order quantities had been placed with them and by whom authorised, while due diligence was not performed in all instances prior to making prepayments to them.”
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

kadman wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:24 am The octagenarian security officer is a joke. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The ladies should have used a spark plug. Higher impact on a smaller surface area.
He is the only one I feel kinship for in the ensemble. The others would likely give me a pain in the arse pretty swiftly.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Sure you can buy small rotary hammers, lightweight with 5 amp batteries that would obliterate that glass.

Had they joined GUBU, and stepped into woodwork class, we could have told them the right tools to use :D
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The hammers are one thing. For me it is the lady who strapped shut her expensive floral mackintosh, put her hair in a prim bun, slipped into her shiny leather loafers and went off with a set of bespoke feminine accoutrements to bring down capitalism that makes me go WTF.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:55 am I learnt a new word there Isha, which frequently happens when I read your posts. 😀

The pronunciation of the word accoutrement made me laugh -> uh-KOO-truh-munt
Sorry. 😊
My oldest son gives out to me about it.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

kadman wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:24 am The octagenarian security officer is a joke. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The security guard was being clever by not engaging with them. They were probably looking for interactions to "justify" their actions to themselves ("look at them trying to stop us telling the truth").

If I was in his shoes, I'd call it in and not engage.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Sure we all know the truth about JP and all the rest. But in reality we dont really give a damn.
WE have been given our drug of choice, I phone, and free apps. Most of us are happy little campers. Fed a diet of ***te thanks to twitter, facebook, google, zoom ect, ect, and the list goes on.
And during the pandemic we got mega fixes of whatever we wanted.

We surely have become serious addicts no less, and our drug barons will keep us well fixed, lest we should wake up and smell the cappuccino